What's new

Coaster trips 2012

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Brett7710 said:
tomahawKSU said:
Depends on where/if I get a job and if I go on study abroad to Germany in May. If I do, well Europa, Phantasialand, probably Heide, and maybe Holiday Park. If I don't well it is a shot in the dark, I really would like to go to Dollywood and then SFoG but who knows. Still hoping for Germany.

Sounds good, all the parks you've mentioned there are worth a visit, if you do get over to Germany there are a few other smaller parks like Tripsdrill and Belantis that could be worth a visit. Ring Racer might finally open too . . .

Toverland is also very close to the German border.

It's a faculty led study abroad and I only have 3 weeks and will only be in Munich, Berlin, and Nuremburg, with 2 "free days" which I would spend at either Europa or Phantasialand, since I will have to travel back to Nuremburg following, meaning a lot of long trips. I will probably spend a day or two after the trip ends to wait to fly back and maybe hit up an extra park before I leave. This, again, is if I even go on this trip, which would mean I have to come up with $5,000 which is nowhere near what I have, really hoping a nice big graduation gift is coming my way!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Might afford a trip to TusenFryd. Woo for working seven weeks this summer... out of a total eight weeks of study break.

Jake

Strata Poster
No idea! I'm (hopefully) graduating this summer, so god knows what I'll be doing. I still want a summer before starting work though, so there will be some sort of big trip.

Looking at Russia... quite a few strange creds in Moscow and St Petersburg <3.

I've nearly whored the UK now, but need to collect a few still, so that vendetta will continue.

I've actually hardly been to any European parks (nothing around Paris, nothing in Germany, nothing in Denmark), so like everyone else I'm quite tempted by Asterix and Europa.

Got to go to Thorpe for the cred, too </////3.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Back to the US. Want to get the North East Coast creds that are so renowned. Lots of revisiting parks there too, mostly because things were so good. Hopefully Peep is going to join us this time. :D

I dunno about other stuff. I like the Idea of Florida in November but, since I'm in the US this winter and next summer..... Might be pushing it to go 3 times.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well next summer I move out to the US for a year. So depending on where I end up going I should really be able to get at least one credit in! :p

As for Europe? Thorpe is obvious, guess I'll do Alton too at some point, but they don't really count I don't think. I'd like to do Asterix, but fitting it in might be a bit tricky! :p

peep

CF Legend
Joey said:
Back to the US. Want to get the North East Coast creds that are so renowned. Lots of revisiting parks there too, mostly because things were so good. Hopefully Peep is going to join us this time. :D

The more it's talked about the more I don't think I could live on if I DON'T go :p Should be epic and will be my first proper foray into America for parks. I should also be doing Disney Florida in September. Two trips to America planned = win :D

As usual I'll hopefully be going all over the place in regards to Europe. Hoping to get back to Asterix, Europa and will be going at least twice to Disneyland Paris. I want to get to Heide, Port Aventura and a few other places but it's all going to be down to time and money especially as the American trips are going to take up a fair bit of my holiday allowance at work.

2012 should be amazing :D

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
All these trips sound amazing. Can't wait for my 9-park east coast trip, but hearing about other peoples' plans gets me pumped up for my own.

Just wondering, why isn't this in the trip planning forum?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^This is more of a discussion about where people are thinking of going next year, more than actually planning the nitty gritty of the trips. Usually the Trip Planning forum is kept for that sort of stuff and these topics discussing it more generally tend to live here. :D

reddude333

Giga Poster
Hixee said:
Well next summer I move out to the US for a year. So depending on where I end up going I should really be able to get at least one credit in! :p

So Hixee, you don't yet know where you will be living? Is it like a study abroad or for work or just a year off?

As for my own plans...once again it's looking pretty bleak. Sadly I just don't have much in the way of getting to places but I would really like to hit up SFMM or Knott's early season.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
reddude333 said:
Hixee said:

So Hixee, you don't yet know where you will be living? Is it like a study abroad or for work or just a year off?
It's a study abroad thing that was an optional add-on for my course. There's a list just about as long as my arm of places I can choose from (and I can add others if there's somewhere else I want to go), so at the moment I could pretty much end up anywhere. I'm slowly working through the stages of eliminating them. I'll probably be asking you US CFers later on if there's anywhere you think I should avoid/consider. :p

reddude333

Giga Poster
Alright, awesome. There are a lot of good places to choose...and probably a lot of bad ones too. I'm more than willing to help out if you need it later.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I might also be going to SFA and Port Aventura/Lake Garda next year. SFA is most likely at the moment as I should be going to that area for a wedding.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
I'm definitely doing Thorpe Park in 2012 (never been). Hopefully I can get there for the opening of The Swarm.

Not sure about trips abroad yet - I fancy doing either Europa or PortAventura. Hurakan Condor looks awesome.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I've never understood this fascination with going on a new coasters opening day? Lots of hype, LOTS of people, and ineviatable breakdowns.

I always prefer to leave it later in the year when all the hype has died down, and its had a change to cure any problems.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:
I've never understood this fascination with going on a new coasters opening day? Lots of hype, LOTS of people, and ineviatable breakdowns.

I always prefer to leave it later in the year when all the hype has died down, and its had a change to cure any problems.
It's not better to go early in the season because of the new coasters, it's better because there are less lines. There are longer lines later in the year because the parks are more crowded. I agree with you about the opening day thing though, but I still think it is better to go earlier in the season and not wait until later on. That's why I'm going on my trip right when school gets out.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Well, early season is a good time to go on rides other than the new attractions as more of the crowds will focus on them (thank you GP) but then you would still have to go back try the new one again.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
reddude333 said:
Well, early season is a good time to go on rides other than the new attractions as more of the crowds will focus on them (thank you GP) but then you would still have to go back try the new one again.

Just what I was going to say. You can bet on the whole reverse psychology deal that the crowds will flock to the new attraction, leaving the other rides free.

I actually fancied going on The Swarm on opening day. I don't know, the hype and excitement makes the whole thing even more thrilling.

Martyn B

CF Legend
You can bet on the whole reverse psychology deal that the crowds will flock to the new attraction, leaving the other rides free.

So once they've been on the new ride, you think they go home? Or just rejoin the new ride queue all day? Or atually spend the day going on all the rides in the park?

:lol:

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:
You can bet on the whole reverse psychology deal that the crowds will flock to the new attraction, leaving the other rides free.

So once they've been on the new ride, you think they go home? Or just rejoin the new ride queue all day? Or atually spend the day going on all the rides in the park?

:lol:

Er, you don't honestly think that the queues for The Swarm will be twenty minutes, do you? I was making the point that with all the focus on the new coaster, the other rides will be considerably quiet compared.

:roll: