What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

marc

CF Legend
Saw is worse though as they dont seem to be able to get it running anywhere near capacity, and from what people say they are really not happy with them. They were told they could run 8 trains and so far they can not.

B&M fixed Air, and all Thorpe and Alton get are the same problems some other parks get with Intamin.

But if they do get one I hope its not a clone.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The other thing here of course is that Saw is well proven technology.

air was brand spanking new - the first. You do expect some difficulties.

Stealth, Rita and Colossus? Well, in all honesty how much aggro do they give the parks? Stealth maybe a little, but it's about on par with the rest of Thorpe. Colossus is rubbish (to an enthusiast), but it's not that unreliable and the crowds love it - it always has a queue.

Rita is ranked No. 1 ride at Alton still by paying customers. I'd say Tussauds have done very well out of Intamin!

Saw has been a fiasco. One thing we don't see is behind the scenes. When Stealth breaks, how is the customer service? Are Intamin on the ball? It appears either Gerstlauer aren't, or Thorpe didn't get the right deal with them. However, we don't know exactly how it was handled in the back ground, and maybe Intamin are much more professional on that front?

If Saw was a toe in the water, Thorpe came out with a burnt pinkie!

Ben

CF Legend
To be fair, I don't think Intamin would touch Merlin after how much they've ****ed them over, not the other way round.

Well, mainly Thorpe with Stealth... Remember how they wouldn't give them another motor for it just a few months ago?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Do you really believe that motor story, Ben?
Parks outsource their coaster stuff, it's cheaper, I doubt they deal with Intamin for spares anymore.

Jools

Giga Poster
furie said:
Colossus is rubbish (to an enthusiast), but it's not that unreliable and the crowds love it - it always has a queue.

On the contrary, I love Colossus! Mainly because I never head bang, I need to confirm if its to do with people's height, I'm 6ft, I don't head band, I'm going to start a topic on this :?

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
Tjis is a bit of a tricky thing to post about because at the mo it is hard because it is in a busy season because of me i just went there a couple o9f weeks ago but it cood use a topple tower

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^What?

I think you cood use a spell checker.

And yeah, any news from Chessie? I can't say I know much about that park, but I think a woodie would be great for them. More marketable than a Gerstlauer Launch (Stealth and Rita would overshadow it in the thrill department, and the inversions may scare some away), more family-friendly, and would be welcomed by enthusiasts. Have a look at Freizeitpark Plohn's El Toro
( http://rcdb.com/m/id4274.htm ), that one has nearly no high points, a good pace, a family-friendly height restriction, and it looks beautiful. Just the sort of ride the UK needs.
Please consider it, at least.

Jools

Giga Poster
HarryBoyy said:
Tjis is a bit of a tricky thing to post about because at the mo it is hard because it is in a busy season because of me i just went there a couple o9f weeks ago but it cood use a topple tower

URGH! Topple Tower, zzzzzz.... zzzzzz.... zzzzzz...

Definatly needs a Woody, I will then class it as on par with Oakwood (if it's a good one, we might end up with something like Antelope :lol:), like has been mentioned, something like Anubis would be good with a similar theme too.

To be honest BECAUSE it's a family park, I'm suprised it isn't full of coasters like Zierrer's and Pinfari, that reminds me, what's happening to Grizzly Bear, is it going to a fairground?

jokerman

Giga Poster
^^^That looks like agreat coaster, and certainly suited to the target market, but it just doesn't seem like Chessington. I'm just not sure it would fit in. I would hope to be proven wrong, but I just can't imagine it looking good.