What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

Aerith

Mega Poster
Chessington needs something new to bring more guests into the park.
this new so called arena is not going to do that.
It really is in dying need of a new ride.

Crow

Mega Poster
Personally this is what I have wanted Chessington to do for a long time. First turn Hocus Pocus Hall into a haunted swing ride themed on an evil poacher. They could have a pre show where various animatronic animals heads mounted on the wall would tell the story. This would fit in with the animal/zoo area.

As the imperial leather retheme completely destroyed the Bubbleworks, I would then suggest to retheme this ride into the new Hocus Pocus Hall thus working well with the Transylvania theme. They could turn the barrels into cauldrons and instead of imperial leather rubbish they could have scenes filled with animatronic goblins and wizards. There could be fire and smoke effects. The grand finale could still be kept similar. Just add mirrors to add even more to the disorientation feel.

As for Beanoland... I would wipe the slate clean. Demolish everything there and the possibilities will be endless! Perhaps a futuristic theme would be good. It would certainly be different from all the other areas in Chessington.

Other then that general maintenance to the current themeing. And for god sake somebody improove the terrible state the Vampire's queue line is in! :shock: :--D

A

Anonymous

Firstly Chessington's seems to have a much lower budget on Advertising compared to the other UK attractions, also i think 'Beanoland' should be renovated, i mean i don't think Ive seen or heard of Beano in a long while.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
And yet with it's lower budget last year it had the best overall adverts?

Any news Mark on updates? Could really do with a LYNET coaster over here ;)

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I cant imagin kfc being replaced by another named brand as it seems merlin are going for inhouse catering, which in my case is a good move. I think beano land should be replaced. I dont think anything futuristic would work as the park has a very round the world feel. A well themed atlantis theme could work as would fit in with the other lands, being as they are all fanciful takes on round the world places and myths.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
As a reminder...

DON'T BUILD AN ARENA IN THE PRIME COASTER-ESTATE LAND THAT'S CURRENTLY BEHIND MADHOUSE!!!

Just look at Thorpe's arena being fail in it's last few years and you can see that the British public don't want to see major shows as they would in say Disney or Universal...
It's a bad move, especially when it won't be a big draw for guests...

New coaster (preferably Gerstlauer launched), with a roman theme for Beanoland please...

Also more toilets around the park would be good...

spicy

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
As a reminder...

DON'T BUILD AN ARENA IN THE PRIME COASTER-ESTATE LAND THAT'S CURRENTLY BEHIND MADHOUSE!!!

Agreed! They should put a Gerstlauer launched roller coaster like Lynet in Farup Sommerland there.

spicy

Giga Poster
What's new at Chessie this year then if the arena isn't going ahead? Nothing?

Way to keep the attendances low..

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Do Chessington have a budget? How much are Launched Gerstlauers, I would definatly go if they got one, but I really can't see it happening.

Liked the roman idea :)
Plus I do remember looking for a toilet when I last went :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
spicy said:
What's new at Chessie this year then if the arena isn't going ahead? Nothing?

Way to keep the attendances low..

Looks like that way... Unless you count the new Pizza and Pasta place replacing PH and KFC...

I also hear Nero are out this year at all the park's as well, most likely continuing the in-house thing...

The low attendance is arguable though, last year was the busiest since 2000, but tbh, hoping the same will happen this year is a lot to hope for...

Chessie desperately needs a higher level of investment, and since the old Park Manager is now at Thorpe, hopefully the new one will try and improve the entire park and zoo, since that's what Chessie's main appeal should be, the zoo with rides attached...

Tbh by 2012 I'd like to see the safari thing happening, 2010 and 2011 can be used to focus on the park's current faults and for retheming out-of-contract rides (Beanoland and Bubbles both run out this year I believe)...
A safari area where Creature Features is currently would be brilliant, especially due to it's proximity to the main car park... Think about that, driving into the park and there's giraffes... What an impact that would make to new guests imo...

I think about this too much :lol:

alexdude98

Mega Poster
southend_marc said:
I think 10 to 12 year olds are ready for top thrill rides and thats the problem, I know when I was 12 I was already doing the main rides in theme parks.

What would a 12 year old rather do, see animals or go on a coaster. I think most would choose a coaster.

I would love to see Chessington go for rides and attractions such as a really well themed drop tower with a good story just like Tower of Terror. Also something like Soarin.

The problem is always going to be the height limit that they can build to so a drop tower is really out of the question.

I dont know any thing about comics so I am of no use with that land.

I would also scrap the log flume, re-theme the area get rid of the dragon theme and make it more fun. Create a dinasor area it works in other parks, create a ride like Jarrsic Park (spelling) this works really well in the 2 Universal Parks and the whole family can enjoy it.

Scrap the current runaway mine train and get a proper one like at Disney. These are more thrilling and can be really well themed. They could build more wild west themed rides in the area, some good flat rides would go well like a Roundup.

I dont know if anyone else finds this but the area with the Bubble works just looks so dull, it needs brighter paint and happier area after all its a fun happy ride.

The Vampire area, what is happening with the ride staying or going? If its staying build a good ghost ride like the Haunted Mansion and just make the area more Vampire darker themed.

As for the zoo, well open it up more. Have more interaction with the animals, dont have full cages have open areas so people can look in. All they need to do is go to Colchester Zoo and they will see what can be done.

I also think they should look at what Flamingo Land have done, as that park now works for all ages.

I'm 10 and I go on stuff like Air, Nemesis, Rita, Oblivion, Nemesis Inferno, Colossus, (I went to Thrope during half term and alton towers when we were up north, we live in london :) )

A

Anonymous

If i was them i would put a drop tower or a rollercoaster in beanoland section and bring back the show plzzzzz :wink:

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
There wont be shows in Market Square anymore, the stage has been taken away. Well, atleast thats how I saw it when I was there a couple weeks back.