What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

spicy

Giga Poster
I don't know what Aerith means about Vampire? It was running perfectly today.

At Chessie today, the park was absolutely spotless and I have never seen it so clean which I thought was brilliant then I realised why it was so flawless!

At about 3 loads of 'important looking' Merlin people showed up and I was ear wigging their conversation over at where the Squirrel Monkey walkthrough is and they were pointing at the land behind the hotel and basically confirmed that there is going to be a Safari ride going through that area.

Loads of other Merlin people were asking guests how their day had been, how it could have been improved and what they would like to see in the near future. If they answered I dunno then they would say, a 3D cinema? A new show? A splash battle ride? A safari ride?

One kid just replied a ride that goes upside down :lol:

So chessie are definitely planning something new which is good! I wanted them to ask me but they were only concentrating on families. They would probably have been shocked at my knowledge if they did ask me though :)

I would only have said a Lynet clone anyway :wink:

peep

CF Legend
That's cool that they were actually walking round asking guests their opinion. Wish they were there yesterday and asked me, probably would have gone on for hours :p

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I actually think a Vekoma mine train (standard design) would suit Chessington really well!
They are beautiful coasters if themed well and they last forever.

Ollie

CF Legend
A ride like the Mine Train in Phantasialand would be awesome. Also if they upgraded Rameses Revenge. The big gondola they have now is heavy and the ride always seems to have problems. If they had the floorless cars with the back to back seats then that would be pretty good. Also if they themed the area more. Lots of people always stand round to watch that ride. It's quite difficult though as there's hedges and fences blocking the view as the ride is below ground level. If they made it easier to watch the ride then it would get alot more attention and would be more popular.

Also if they added a soundtrack that played throughout the whole ride like Samurai and maybe some more effects such as fog and flames.

Basically they should just look at Phantasialand for ideas as they do everything perfectly. :p

A splash battle for Chessie would also be great as they are really popular with families and chessington could theme it well.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Yay, some official news of stuff happening.

I would love to have a splash battles ride at Chessington, but isn't the area behind the hotel quite far away from the pirate area, so it wouldn't be that theme. It could be themed to whales squirting water at each other, or something like that though, because it would be closer to the zoo.

I hope the don't try and make a show, because no one watches them, and it would be a waste of money.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Official news? It was management types discussing possible ideas which happens all the time...

However, the questioning of guests is a great idea, and should be done in conjunction with the surveys they do as you leave...

Splash Battle I'm a bit meh over tbh, there's a lot more I'd rather see worked on first than a water ride, for example one that also has it's contract running out this year as well...

jokerman

Giga Poster
Official news wasn't really the phrase I was looking for. What I meant was that up until now, it's just been discussion, but now there are people on site trying to work out what would be best to fit in. There is action going on.

herbinator

Mega Poster
chessington

I'm 13 so am just out of the age bracket but my first coasters were at chessington and I only started really liking coasters and rides last year. I feel that if chessington had a ride like a seriously toned down corksrew like the one that used to be at alton (RIP). If it wasn't to tall only about 65-70 ft and had 1-2 inversions it would intice people onto it as it doesn't look to scary but when people of the age of 10-12 get of it feels amazing as it is a step toward a big coaster on a small scale. The theming at chessington is great and I love beanoland but I, like others, loved the live show and think that they should bring them back.Thanks

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Well after finally doing a Topple Tower I think Chessie should be reasonably interested in it...

It's not intense and is very much a fun ride, which is what Chessie should really go for in the future... Fun and re-rideable rides are a much better idea to go for, and putting the Topple Tower where Rodeo once was would actually bring people towards it with the visual presence that it delivers, cut a few trees down near Forbidden Kingdom's entrance, remove the game stall and bam, you can see it from Rattlesnake's exit and obviously it would be visible from RMT...

Atm I cannot say what I want Beanoland to involve since dunno if Whizzer or Dodgems will be staying or not, but a definite thing would be a toilet block in there, especially if it keeps opening early for south entrance as it does now, unless they re-do that entrance which is another possible suggestion for the future, renovating the entrances to something a bit... More grandeur...

But I think a Mack Madhouse would be a good replacement for Bash Street Bus and the tent behind it, whilst a new sit-down restaurant could easily replace the water balloon area, as it's not that popular throughout the year...

Also, once again, please get a Gerstlauer launched... PLEASE... That patch of grass is the best place for a coaster, and one with inversions would defo force the new ideals and target market towards the general public... Having it launched can also make it unique to the park...

So yeah, Topple Tower, Mack Madhouse and Gerstlauer Launched for 2010 please ;)

andyc123

Roller Poster
Merlin will assume that people aged 10-12 will not like intense rides like the majority at Thorpe Park, but after working at both Chessington and Thorpe Park I've noticed kids/young teens getting braver lol. Rameses Revenge, obviously the most (only) intense ride at Chessington is always swarming with people aged 10-12, so add more rides of this kind :D

Adding more rides similar to top spin/top scan/afterburner, as well as a roller coaster more intense then vampire (not that vampire isn't good!) will attract more of this age group as well as people of my age group (18)!

***BRING BACK RODEO (and samurai please :eek:)***

peep

CF Legend
Samurai was so much better when it was at Chessington, it actually had a theme and everything!

I concur, Rodeo should return, it fit perfectly into the spot next to the Runaway mine train.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Yet again, 2 years on, and I am 100% correct. Things are happening behind / to the side of the hotel. Oh, if only people listen to me once in a while.

Yours faithfully

[Signature here]

Erol.

peep

CF Legend
I spotted them weeks ago but for some reason never took pics so thought no one would believe me :(

I can't see it being much, but maybe, just maybe it is for the safari we have all been waiting for.

Ollie

CF Legend
^^I knew about the plans to put stuff behind the hotel for ages Erol. :p
Wasn't it rumoured them getting a booster bike or a little safari area around that section as well?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Yer, and who started these rumors? :p

Nah, from what I remember it's not a booster bike. They wanted to extend Safari Skyway to that area and a new coaster either in Beano Land or the empty space to the left of the hotel.

But take what I just said with a pinch of salt.