What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I see what you mean, thinking about it now I doubt that there would be the height or space to make the element worthwhile, it would feel like ticking a box, that doesn't need to be ticked to make the ride a good one.
That's another point actually - the quad-down actually drops a lot of elevation, something that might be hard to pull off most of the way round Mean Streak's layout.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The biggest con to New Texas Giant that I hope New Mean Streak avoids is meandering during the second half of the ride. The train loses a good deal of steam, and travels across the airtime hills without any force. While Dinn Corp. originally designed these roller coasters to be a triple circuit (that is, running their layout three times), you have to shorten the layout to a certain extent when going for larger, dynamic elements.

Friction loss, it's a bitch.

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
The biggest con to New Texas Giant that I hope New Mean Streak avoids is meandering during the second half of the ride. The train loses a good deal of steam, and travels across the airtime hills without any force. While Dinn Corp. originally designed these roller coasters to be a triple circuit (that is, running their layout three times), you have to shorten the layout to a certain extent when going for larger, dynamic elements.

That being said, Giant uses Gerstlauer trains while Mean Streak will use RMC rolling stock, so it's not a true apples-to-apples comparison. There's also the matter of the additional height.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yes, added height and better trains help. My emphasis remains however: don't spend all your kinetic energy in one place with this ride.

Astro61201

Roller Poster
I agree, I thinks that's one of the appeals of terrain coasters and what helps lightning rod, you think that the ride is slowed and close to finishing and then you get a large drop raising the speed and thrill again, if only something like this could be done with mean streak, such as having the tallest drop being later in the ride as was rumoured earlier in the thread.

Sythe

Mega Poster

I really liked NTG for it's length though. I didn't think the airtime hills at the end were the best, but they still gave airtime so you won't see me complaining.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Astro61201

Roller Poster
The person has probably been caught or fired (if they were a worker) or told to stop as 'CP will be making an announcement soon'! (not really but one can hope, however all the debating and such about what's happening next is better fun than knowing the layout from the start and its more suspenseful!)

Astro61201

Roller Poster
Step-up under flip are my bets, then under/over the lift as normal, certainly going to be an amazing element, I can imagine that the rides going to be blazing it through there.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
still going with an under step-up stall dive flip overbank airtime turn.

I really enjoyed this similar barrel roll on Iron Rattler. Nice bit of zero-g built in - will be fun to see how the inversion is taken for Mean Streak.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah, I never liked the name as well. I'd always just refer to the one on Joker as a zero g roll. Same with Valravn's.

I didn't like the name "corked roll" either for Storm Chaser… that was clearly just a zero g roll.

Mossed

Roller Poster
So it does this step----zero G roll after a massive climb in elevation, and as soon as it turns over, it goes straight under the drop. It's like an inversion at the top of an airtime hill. That's neat.