What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Sorry I'm on mobile and there are probably better ways to do this but seeing that new picture reminded me of the one I posted a few days ago showing the inversion supports. Did the one showing the inversion get taken before this newer photo was released? Or am I missing something?
Looks like a small amount was added to structure, but just a different angle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
You want a different angle? How about this:

.eJwNy0ESgyAMAMC_8AACEULwNxEoOqPCCD11-vd27_tR7-dUq9rn7GMFyMdI7cl6zPZILbq2Vs8i_Rg6tQtkTkn7Ve45ACksNnomchbZGiTAGJfgyVoMPhqMTOCEUzHknZhsGF0IrvBWxL_-bUOj-13V9weUFyhk.ijCDvYuFIw_oriXHSZnfrnEH1HY

catsounds

Mega Poster
Is it just the perspective or does the lift hill look like it could be the same height as the 2nd hill? Could we see a launch?

Either way, the outward banked hill looks tiny considering it's the closest in the photo so that should be crazy..

codeman94

Mega Poster
That lift hill is going to be so high. Look how long that support structure continues. Looks like they're going to add a lot more up, then come down much steeper

Stevenr296

Roller Poster
That lift hill is going to be so high. Look how long that support structure continues. Looks like they're going to add a lot more up, then come down much steeper
Yeah I see them adding more to the current lift. I highly doubt there will be a launched lift. Didn't work out the best for Lightning Rod, and Maverick also has a launch lift right next door.

Mossed

Roller Poster
^ Me too. No idea what I could compare it to that I've ridden, but I am loving all the airtime this ride should provide. Also, this angle shows just how beautiful of a structure the New Mean Streak has. Can't wait to see it complete in context with the rest of the skyline.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I feel that the hill is gonna be very similar to the hill after NTG first drop, but better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
So, the first lap is shaping up. Elements I am aware of:
  1. Pre-lift hop
  2. 40-degree lift (likely 200+ feet tall
  3. Tiny bunny hill
  4. Gigantic hill
  5. Outward banked monstrosity
  6. Double up into
  7. Inversion
That's a pretty insane start.

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
So we are basically 7 months into conversion and the first loop is just about done. So they have roughly 12 months to complete what could possibly end up being the best ride in the park. They don't have to remove anymore track and don't have to combat winter weather for the next 8 months. Ride already looks amazing and there is still a lot of room to add some unbelievable elements. I have never had the opportunity to ride a iron horse but this looks amazing so far.