What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It's definitely the park with that Twitter. It's not a question.

IOE the company that did the launch for Lightning Rod, signed a deal with Cedar Fair last year. Or did the electrical work. I don't remember but they were involved. It could be the case of a mid course launch, but I doubt it. Yet there aren't three stalls on this so I'm not satisfied yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Mossed

Roller Poster
That's true. I did forget about that.
I'm curious as to why the tweet mentioned the block breaks specifically though. :)

Because it was a genuine question. They are still standing. The guy who is running the twitter account is NOT Tony. It's an employee that likely doesn't know that much about the coaster. I also find it interesting that they haven't had a new picture in days.

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster
Because it was a genuine question. They are still standing. The guy who is running the twitter account is NOT Tony. It's an employee that likely doesn't know that much about the coaster. I also find it interesting that they haven't had a new picture in days.
I would love to see some definitive proof it's not Tony or an employee that doesn't know much.

They don't look like contractor photos, and the access that the person is getting is because they obviously work at the park.

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
This is almost like when you didn't get br pic rides and track layout pictures before you got the first ride video just before opening. People are sneaking around trying to get pictures and the parks releasing just enough info to drive everyone Batty. Of course this last picture isn't from the new mean streak account so until they post something showing better angle as far as I'm concerned that account is a staff member playing us all for publicity.

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
Nice pictures can't wait to see more. They're is obviously a hint at a name. Could this end up being similar to what's in the shed for mystic timbers? So we are looking at a name that has multiple things or people in its name.

Last edited:

Dar

Hyper Poster
The font looked a little bit "western" too?

Magnificent Seven, and it'll have seven inversions!

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
I had a friend tell me this theory..... May sound a bit delusional. "They're coming," as in RMC renovations to other old, unpopular woodies in the chain besides Hurler? I don't know if he was joking with that but it made me go "ahhhh that may make sense!"

gaberz_ii

Roller Poster
The Hedgehog said:
Also it would cap off a hell of a set of years of investment into CP and allow them to focus on some of their other parks now that CP will have received 3 coasters in the span of 5 years? (or is it 6?)

I don't think they're done yet. Keep in mind that their 150th anniversary is coming in 2020, and I'm certain Cedar Point will have something huge planned,

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Don't bite too hard on one teaser trailer. Remember when Maverick was advertised as "We're Going In a Whole New Direction!"

Intricks

Strata Poster
I mean, they kinda did go in a whole new direction what with it not being over 250ft and trying to break some form of height/speed record. I dont even think it got steepest drop in the states when it opened.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Don't bite too hard on one teaser trailer. Remember when Maverick was advertised as "We're Going In a Whole New Direction!"

A shame that they didn't continue in that direction, though. Maverick is arguably the first major coaster in the park not to put all its eggs in one basket. It's not the largest, or the fastest, or the first, or the one with the most inversions, or the one with the most anything, really. It's just a rather big, really solid coaster that doesn't attempt to break any records, it's just created to give a good riding experience using a mix of various elements, without turning any of them into a gimmick.