What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Soooo the thing we've hoped for ever since the first RMC makeover happened, is happening? Good, Mean Streak was such a sad sad thing in a park full of almost all good coasters that towering beast was such a slow, boring ride. Glad to see it's getting the RMC treatment. I assume 2018 opening? Mid season opening?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ This isn't the first time RMC opted to go under, rather than over, the lift hill. New Texas Giant also lost it's over-lift hill turnaround for a series of hills underneath.

This is a good move, as Dinn Corp./CCI lift hill turn arounds historically slowed the pace way down on their rides. For Ghostrider, it is even used as the MCBR. Opting to stay low will help keep the speed and pacing up.

1.JPG 2.jpg

codeman94

Mega Poster
is it going to twist twice!? It looks like it has already completed the inversion, and they are only at the apex.... it could invert again on the way down.

Lofty

CF Legend
is it going to twist twice!? It looks like it has already completed the inversion, and they are only at the apex.... it could invert again on the way down.
I think it's just continuing the roll to bank right on the higher section of supports you can see on the left.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
giphy.gif

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
So I was browsing around on the roller coaster subreddit, and this is what I found----
Cedar Point 2017 park map
hMIV6Z8.jpg

Any delusional people who still think 2017, here you go, this is all you need to realize it's a 2018 project.

Found this image on r/rollercoasters posted from user AirbossYT.