What's new

Cedar Fair 2016

CoasterConnor

Roller Poster
^^, ^ Even though that layout is fan-made, I really like it. It's nice that there's the drop, then two elements before the MCBR. It makes the pacing much better IMO. It's a lot better than a drop, then BAM! MCBR like in the leaked renderings.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Yet Griffon and Sheikra still receive praise with the exact same MCBR setup?

CoasterConnor

Roller Poster
Never said that a drop then MCBR was a bad thing..just saying that having two elements then MCBR would be a lot more fun in my opinion.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Fair enough. cool)

The virtual reality headline has been picked up more and more in the media - Toledo Blade ran a good article on it recently: http://www.toledoblade.com/Retail/2015/ ... rills.html

While details are vague, I think the virtual reality ride discussion and CP 2016/Valravn discussion are separate - Cedar Fair has only said they will be testing virtual reality on a roller coaster come fall. Zombie-chasing Arrow Mine Train in VR anyone?

CoasterConnor

Roller Poster
After reading that article linked above, I'm honestly pretty excited WiFi will be coming to other Cedar Fair parks eventually...

I love me some free weefee.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
So we don't know which park it is but it will be this year.........maybe Thunder Run at Canada's Wonderland? I know when Europa Park tested it they did it on blue fire and Pegasus, so I don't think it would be a major coaster.

Intricks

Strata Poster
So Cedar Point has announced that due to the incident involving Raptor, they will be postponing the 2016 Announcement.

No clue if they mean just a few days or week+ though.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
So apparently this is in Ohio

ZYFOQF1.jpg

Intricks

Strata Poster
Knotts just "announced" what will be happening for 2016.

Ghost Town celebration in which, starting on Sept 8th, Ghost Rider will be down for a comprehensive restoration.

No clue what this means, or who is doing it, but yeah. Anouncement. Yaaaaay

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Wooden coaster TLC is always welcome!

Cedar Point has yet to reschedule their public announcement. I wonder if they would lean towards just doing an online announcement and scrapping the in-person presentation altogether. While Gatekeeper was announced in person, Maverick was not. To the best of my knowledge, WT, TTD, and MF did not have public announcement events either.

steel

Mega Poster
Hyde said:
Cedar Point has yet to reschedule their public announcement. I wonder if they would lean towards just doing an online announcement and scrapping the in-person presentation altogether. While Gatekeeper was announced in person, Maverick was not. To the best of my knowledge, WT, TTD, and MF did not have public announcement events either.

No, you're right, that's only been the norm since like... 2008/2009 or so. I definitely preferred the online announcements anyway, I don't need the whole marketing spiel that comes with press presence.

Either way I think it was the right decision to postpone the announcement under the circumstances.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Canada's Wonderland and Kings Dominion have both announced new flats!

Canada's Wonderland: https://www.canadaswonderland.com/what- ... es-skyhawk

They're getting Skyhawk and Flying Eagles. Flying Eagles is a Larson scooter, Skyhawk I'm not completely sure of. Anybody know what it is?

Kings Dominion: https://www.kingsdominion.com/what-s-new/delirium-

Looks like a HUSS Giant Frisbee, and I would bet money in the same plot that Shockwave had. Should be a solid addition to the park, our Delirium at KI is a ton of fun.

In other words, they're ripping off rides that Paramount put in at Kings Island. :p

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^ From what I can make out, Skyhawk seems to be a taller version of this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG8u36aaW84&feature=share[/youtube]

If it is, It should be incredible!

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Yes, Skyhawk appears to be a Gerstlauer Sky Roller, like the one at Belantis. It could be a taller one I suppose, but it's probably just the concept art being misleading. Looking at the concept art for Delirium, I'd say it's more likely to be a Mondial Revolution (i.e. like the one at Canada's Wonderland) than a HUSS Giant Frisbee, just because the seats seem to be broken up into several sets of four, rather than one giant circle. Not that it really matters :)

Anyway, it's good to see both parks adding to their flat ride collection.