What's new

Cedar Fair 2016

minecraft_166

Roller Poster
CanobieFan said:
minecraft_166 said:
Valley Fair- Chance Morgan: Hyper GT-X
Uh, why? They already have a (pre-chance) Morgan hyper.... in fact, Wild Thing was the *first* Morgan!

Yea I get ur point and ik that they have a Morgan hyper but if u look at their website it shows a purple coaster there and they do not have a purple coaster so the only ride tht looked tht small and with tht type of support is a chance Morgan Hyper GT-X

minecraft_166

Roller Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
I don't think Cedar Fair would add 4 B&Ms, and 2 Chance Hyper GT-Xs. :-|

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk
This is all from wat I think r hints!! Go on the website and check for ur self look at the little picture at most of the parks u can see tht 4 parks may get a b&m for 2016!! But I understand ur thoughts about this... Cedarfair.com <--- website

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Those pictures? Most of the 'new' coasters you see are repeats of the same ride, or just templates.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
Why does everyone think a giga is coming to KI? Did they not just get Banshee last year? And would Cedar Fair want to build a ride in Ohio similar to Millennium? Sure the parks are 3 hours apart but I doubt they would build a ride to dethrone Millennium in the same state.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Kings Island and Cedar Point actually do not compete in market draw - Cedar Fair has designed the market plan that way. Kings Island's target area is definitively south of Cedar Point.

A part of the draw for speculating that KI receive a giga is the simple fact that the two other parks which have B&M hypers - Canada's Wonderland and Carowinds - have now received B&M gigas.

And anyways, who wouldn't want a giga? :razz:

Ben

CF Legend
They dethroned Millennium Force after three years in the same park let alone the same State.

That won't be an issue I don't think, MF is 16 years old next year, they can build another in Ohio.

Will they though? I'm not convinced.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
My personal hope would be to do exactly as Fury and Gatekeeper - tear down the crap KI entrance and rework it as an element to a roller coaster. I was so hopeful this would be the case with Banshee given its close proximity to the entrance - hope springs eternal for another coaster to do the same.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
ECG said:
steel said:
It's been 9 years since Renegade next season. Valleyfair really deserves more attention.
Park plans submitted to the Corps of Engineers have been leaked showing Excalibur is being removed at the end of the season and being replaced with a parking lot for the water park. So not only no new cred, but one less. :(
Breaks my heart :( as crap as Excalibur is. That ride NEVER has had more than maybe a few train wait in the last decade and was always my go to on a crowded day.

steel said:
We'll probably never see a giga at Valleyfair since there's an airport right across the river, but a dive machine or even just a standard high quality invert are totally in the cards IMO.
I believe the restriction is nothing over 250 feet at Valleyfair. Can't remember the exact number. Either way, that's no limitation for a nice invert. They've been deprived B&M as well as inverting coasters at that park for years.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I could easily see Kings Island getting a giga in 2017. Lots were talking about it at Coasterstock and with CW/Levi and Caro/Fury it definitely seems viable. And with CP getting Val 3 years after GateKeeper it definitely shouldn't be ruled out that 2017 is our year for a new coaster.

If they tear down the now unused photo counter wing of FoF's building, that opens up space behind Racer for a plaza, queue, and station. If it went up parallel to Racer, turned around, weaved between Bat and Banshee, it would be able to pass Timberwolf to the wooded space between the park and parking lot before doing a hammerhead turn around the entrance (hopefully interacting with something) before weaving back to Racer. The space is definitely there, they just have to take it.

But this is 2016, so not yet. But I do think CP's dive machine will interact with a new marina entrance!

steel

Mega Poster
valleyfair! said:
steel said:
We'll probably never see a giga at Valleyfair since there's an airport right across the river, but a dive machine or even just a standard high quality invert are totally in the cards IMO.
I believe the restriction is nothing over 250 feet at Valleyfair. Can't remember the exact number. Either way, that's no limitation for a nice invert. They've been deprived B&M as well as inverting coasters at that park for years.
Yeah I remember when Power Tower opened there was a whole big thing because it's (I think) 275' or something and they had kind of fight to get permission. It's actually lucky the restriction is as high as it is because the airport is like... It can't be more than a couple miles away. It's only that high because the park is at the bottom of the river valley and the airport is on the top of the river bluff.

They also got rid of the beautiful old electric sign over the off season, which just absolutely breaks my heart. </////3 And Corkscrew is so ugly now and Mad Mouse is like offensive to even look at. And Mild Thing is gone. And Bernstain Bear Country and Challenge Park and the old log flume... It's not the park I grew up at anymore.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
steel said:
They also got rid of the beautiful old electric sign over the off season, which just absolutely breaks my heart. </////3 And Corkscrew is so ugly now and Mad Mouse is like offensive to even look at. And Mild Thing is gone. And Bernstain Bear Country and Challenge Park and the old log flume... It's not the park I grew up at anymore.

The beauty is being lost :( . I remember I used to spend 30+ days a summer down there... how sad it is that it's been a couple years since I've been back now.

If something B&M doesn't end up at that park in the next 3 years I'll be shocked. However, I said that back in 2009 too...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Just to stoke the fires of the Cedar Fair B&M rumours we have some nice new brown track... yes brown. With grey supports
db_2015_0713_Track051.jpg

The red track is for the Hotgo Wingrider in China but useful for size comparisons.
11014809_1514132225528435_1286477458351771628_n.jpg

11745794_1514132242195100_4387843621325125682_n.jpg

11738072_1514132195528438_616243630102695240_n.jpg

1912275_1514132212195103_1291463179906580979_n.jpg

Let the guessing begin... again

Intricks

Strata Poster
Could Centurion be used? It is still live while that other name (Valraven?) is no longer found. These colors do work better with that styled name.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I'm not terribly sure but that brown track looks awfully narrow to be for a larger dive machine, if the width is different like I thought it was. That being said, brown track and grey supports would look phenomenal at the Point if I'm wrong.

I feel like this is Universal's Jurrasic World flying coaster. Anything to suggest otherwise?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I agree with Jarrett. I think the brown is USJ's Flyer. A Valravn is Danish for a supernatural Raven, which are usually black...

But who knows? Centurion would work with the Rome theme, usually brown.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I'm 99% sure the brown is for a DM and heres why

numbers1.jpg

Hot go wing rider has 6 holes

numbers4.jpg

Brown track has 10 (theres also a section with 8 but it looks like station track)

numbers3.jpg

Shiekra has 10

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, it doesn't look like Flyer track to me tbh.

I hope it's not or it's got a lot of time on your back and that's the worst part of a Flyer <//3

I'm saying DM, I like those colours!