What's new

Carowinds | Fury 325 | B&M Giga Coaster

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Re: Carowinds | Unknown 2015

The Hedgehog said:
2012Jarrett said:
This probably means an underground tunnel somewhere in the layout, possibly into/out of the hammerhead.
Watch them make the coaster 305 feet tall, and the drop be 325 feet, with a tunnel 20ft under ground....Just so it wouldn't pass MF as a taller coaster. :drinking:
That would actually be pretty sick. I rode Leviathan and it's now my #3, so needless to say I found it amazing. The drop is fabulous, the forces through the speed hill, that headchopper into the awesome hammerhead, and the high speed turn on the way back are all absolutely insane! And it was far too short! This looks to be Leviathan's bigger, badder cousin! And if that's what it is, I could see B&M taking back my #1 spot.

hattmac02

Roller Poster

The Teal/Green spine track is definitely the carowinds, a couple pieces finally arrived at the park.

USA will officially see its first b&m giga in 2015....any other special elements ;), we wont know till thursday...

Intricks

Strata Poster

So this appeared:

syhu8a9y.jpg

Legit or not?

hattmac02

Roller Poster

Honestly wont know till thursday, they leaked that image the same manner people found out about banshee could be another false clue like the centurion site.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Just a heads up to anyone interested - I'll be attending the media event at Carowinds on Thursday and will try to check this topic for any questions that you might want answered after the announcement.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Friends facebook page under a discussion between the two ride logos already shown.

So....unknown source posted onto facebook. Most likely TPR though.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster

Ah track on site. I will be at the event on Thursday too, for those going, representing CoasterCrazy.com, see you there!

hattmac02

Roller Poster

Intricks said:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/20/ejy5uja9.jpg[img]

Picture proof of the track now at Carowinds.[/quote]
Thats the picture i originally saw but it got taken down before i could post it, theres also a picture of the supposed first drop rendering.....

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

It's great that this will be 325 ft because that will make it the tallest giga coaster in the world beating Millennium Force (310) and Steel Dragon 2000 (318).

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Oooo pretty track.

Cedar Fair has been on a good logo streak since Hydra - though this one does look a bit lackluster.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

If true, by far not worst name in past two years alone, and I actually like the logo. Love the Twp tone track too.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

twp tone is my favorite. :razz: