What's new

Carowinds | Fury 325 | B&M Giga Coaster

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
As of now, Carowinds has been dropping Roman-themed hints and clues for their 2015 addition.

Here are some examples:

"Rome wasn't built in a day but it starts with a foundation."

BsL4EjxCIAAGkuD.jpg:large

"Demo of epic proportions"

Brz7TynIQAAiRsU.jpg:large

Current speculation is that Carowinds will build a 300 ft. giga roller coaster named Centurion. However, Cedar Fair has recently filed copyright for the name Fury 325, which bears a similarity to Intimidator 305, another Cedar Fair giga coaster. Supposedly leaked blueprints show a layout similar to other large B&M Hyper coasters. Cedar Fair's last giga roller coaster was Leviathan, a B&M Hyper roller coaster at Canada's Wonderland.

Br_NGfpCAAE1M2D.jpg:large

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Carowinds | Unknown 2015

Fury 325 sounds gross but yay Giga <3
I actually like the look of the layout, it's twisty!

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Centurion is leader of a Greek/Roman army, so that kind of fits what they are teasing here, but they could do something with Fury just as easily.

If this is still shorter than Millennium Force, I'm gonna flip some tables. Cedar Fair refuses to build taller than it, needs to finally happen.

Intricks

Strata Poster

I thought this was, hence the 325 in that trademark. Plus wasnt it said that it would be roughly 320ft when it first got mentioned at the community meeting thing?

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster

I can't wait. I'm only 3 and 1/2 hours from the park. Will be nice to see a 300ft coaster dot that skyline.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Probably riding this thing next season and I seriously can't wait because the plans look sweet!

With Banshee's theming, the Roman theming going on this one should be great. I could see a giant White brickwork station with a giant dome and a GateKeeper-esque color scheme complete with golden trains. Maybe the trains could have twinkling red, orange, and yellow lights at night to make it look like it's on fire. Maybe landscaping like Banshee's but with Roman pillars and statues in the flower beds. Can't wait to see it play out.

BBH

Giga Poster

^Be nice to the goon. ;)

Leviathan's garnered rave reviews and looks absolutely amazing so I can't wait to see how this one turns out. If Cedar Fair's recent B&Ms have been any indication, it should be a damn good ride.

Jarrett

Lofty said:
Um... What?
I'm saying that with the way they did Banshee's theming the the approach they took would work well on a Roman-themed coaster. Banshee is essentially a basic themed station and gravestone props in planters. I think the track will be teal on white supports and have a golden train, similar to GateKeeper. Same approach, just a different theme.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

It is not going to be called Centurion, as Libertyville IL already trademarked the name(which is funny, because it neighbors Gurnee IL, home to Six Flags Great America. Guess SF wanted to make CF keep up with the numbered names. :lol: ). Still curious on what's going to happen.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

EthC

Mega Poster
temp

Found a No Limits POV of what this thing could be like.
Tried to get it up on here but the youtube embedding thing won't work for me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq_M6ymNk7M[/youtube]

Fixed the YouTube embedding for you - Hixee

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Moved your post from the Holiday World topic to this one, as it looked like you'd posted it in the wrong topic. Also, to get the YouTube tags to work, you need to remove the 's' from 'https'. I edited your post with the correctly embedded video. :D

_koppen

Hyper Poster

The video looks great, all the elements seem to be right. I do think the scale of some of them are wrong though. As much as B&M have developed recently, I don't think the ride will be as intense as it is in the video, and I can see the high speed banked elements being taller/more "draged out".

EthC

Mega Poster

Hixee said:
^Moved your post from the Holiday World topic to this one, as it looked like you'd posted it in the wrong topic. Also, to get the YouTube tags to work, you need to remove the 's' from 'https'. I edited your post with the correctly embedded video. :D

Oh lord woops haha don't know what loony moment I was going through, thank you very much haha :D

Jarrett

Re: temp

EthC said:
Found a No Limits POV of what this thing could be like.
Tried to get it up on here but the youtube embedding thing won't work for me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq_M6ymNk7M[/youtube]

Fixed the YouTube embedding for you - Hixee
:shock: Okay, THAT needs to be banned in all 50 states for being too awesome! I NEED that in my life! I literally just has an infamous "Jarrett goon fit" in my room watching that!

Sadly, I think a few things about this video could be wrong. First, the name. I know the Centurion trademark got suspended but I could see them going with another Roman name. Second, the colors. I think it's established that the yellow track is for China, given the rendering of the Chinese park with the yellow flyer and the yellow track being marked "LC," which could be "Laying Coaster." If anything I'm fairly sure Leviathan's labels weren't marked LC. I think by process of elimination, the only two track sets left unclaimed are the royal blue and teal ones. I'm pretty sure the royal is for Holiday World and teal seems to follow Cedar Fair's recent trends of front end coaster colors (Leviathan and GateKeeper are good examples as stated earlier). However, the biggest things I disagree with from that rendering is the elevation. I don't think it'll be as low to the ground and "I-305-y" as it suggests. B&M isn't one to do ground-hugging high-speed turns, I think most of the twisting here will be in the form of a Leviathan-esque speed hill or an Intimidator-esque rise into a circular dip (such as that larger loop at the end).

However, that's a great video and better than I could have ever done, so I applaud whoever made it. I've got the [strike]trained monkeys[/strike] design team helping me make my rendition of the plans in NL2.

I do have to say I think this Fury 325 name is ruled out (thankfully) due to the amount of Roman theming used in the marketing so far. My initial reaction was something branded like GateKeeper when I heard it but with all this Roman theming, it sounds unlikely to slap on a generic name like Fury 325. The only thing I can think of that could save this name is that the word Fury has Latin roots. Maybe in the logo we could be looking at a majority of it being the word "Fury" and the 325 in Roman numerals (CCCXXV) written on a stone slab below it. It seems plausible that they would go with this name but I personally wouldn't put money on it. As for what the trademark could be for, I had two guesses. The first would be a (very, VERY unlikely) drop tower mounted to TTD that's 325 feet with a vertical drag racing theme. I highly doubt this because I see almost no reason for them not to make it higher and there's literally no preparation for it as of now. The second (far more likely) theory to come out of my twisted little mind would be for some kind of surrounding building. Dollywood called Wild Eagle's shop Eagle's Flight Outfitters, which I had always assumed to be a play on the American Eagle Outfitters clothing brand/store. Could this be a play on other clothing brands/stores with numbers in their names such as Rue 21? Both theories are somewhat far-fetched but I wouldn't be Jarrett without the far-fetched theories. :p

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: temp

2012Jarrett said:
Sadly, I think a few things about this video could be wrong. First, the name. I know the Centurion trademark got suspended but I could see them going with another Roman name. Second, the colors. I think it's established that the yellow track is for China, given the rendering of the Chinese park with the yellow flyer and the yellow track being marked "LC," which could be "Laying Coaster." If anything I'm fairly sure Leviathan's labels weren't marked LC. I think by process of elimination, the only two track sets left unclaimed are the royal blue and teal ones. I'm pretty sure the royal is for Holiday World and teal seems to follow Cedar Fair's recent trends of front end coaster colors (Leviathan and GateKeeper are good examples as stated earlier). However, the biggest things I disagree with from that rendering is the elevation. I don't think it'll be as low to the ground and "I-305-y" as it suggests. B&M isn't one to do ground-hugging high-speed turns, I think most of the twisting here will be in the form of a Leviathan-esque speed hill or an Intimidator-esque rise into a circular dip (such as that larger loop at the end).
Where was it reported that the Centurion trademark has been suspended? Also realize this is a fan-made video. There is also nothing official whatsoever with the color choices in this video.

2012Jarrett said:
The only thing I can think of that could save this name is that the word Fury has Latin roots. Maybe in the logo we could be looking at a majority of it being the word "Fury" and the 325 in Roman numerals (CCCXXV) written on a stone slab below it.
Realize, all words in the english language are latin and greek based. :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL9whwwTK6I[/youtube]

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Centurion was trademarked by Libertyville IL before cedar fair did. Also, Libertyville neighbors the town of Gurnee, the home of Six Flags Great America. Think about that for a bit, and realize that Six Flags might've had something to do with this. :-o

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk