What's new

But what is it..?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's a striped hyena then, only you picked a picture where the large haunches/neck aren't as obvious so it looks more canine (plus the striped hyena has a more jackal like face I guess from that angle than a regular one).

Yes?

Gazza

Giga Poster
It's not a Wallaby.
Ths macropod only lives in the state of Western Australia, see if that helps you figure it :p
Photo was taken by me in Feb.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^ A quokka? I'll be honest, I had to use the interwebs to find that one, as it's an animal I've never heard of.

Gazza

Giga Poster
^Bingo!
Apart from a colony on the mainland, they all live on Rottnest Island, just off the coast at Perth (So called because the Dutch explorer that found the place thought the Quokkas were giant rats, hence naming the island "Rats Nest")
Cute little things you see everywhere, but people have desensitised them to human contact, so they come right up to you.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Gazza said:
dingo_514_600x450.jpg

???
[/dyslexia joke for Joey] :p

You're go then madhjsp

madhjsp

Giga Poster
OK, who knows what these are called?

And before someone says "shoelaces," I'm talking about the plastic wrapping around the end. :)

aglet1.jpg

kimahri

CF Legend
Uh, ****.

Here, It's a demon, Find me it's name and it's book it's from. You have a week cause I'm a dick.

XBIxe.gif

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Buer, recognised it right away. A week indeed! :p

Okay, let's see what the yanks have learnt from their renaissance fairs ;)

Weapon type, exact type please (to help, you can't see the 7 foot pole it's attached to) :)

Attachments

• 01100110.jpg
    01100110.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 38

Mark

Strata Poster
Guisarme isn't it?

Sorry, I know you wanted to test the yanks 'renaissance' (LOL) knowledge but I couldn't help having an educated (possibly poorly) guess. I am pretty sure we have one lingering around the stores at work.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I wasn't going to ask for the exact specific shape name Mark, just the weapon type :lol:

Yes, it's a bill-guisarme , but I just wanted bill :lol:

Was hoping people would fall into the "pike" or "halberd" trap.

Go on, your go then :p

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
^That's for ice cream, though I dunno what it's called. :p

furie said:
It's a striped hyena then, only you picked a picture where the large haunches/neck aren't as obvious so it looks more canine (plus the striped hyena has a more jackal like face I guess from that angle than a regular one).

Yes?
It's not a striped hyena. :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Joey said:
It's not a striped hyena. :p

Well, that's okay because it isn't your go :p

Although it may be now as Mark said what the ice cream thing was and you got it.

Do you have a different picture of the animal so I can work on scale, surroundings, etc?

kimahri said:
BUT WHERE IS BUER FROM PHIL. STOP CHEATING OR I'M TELLING THE TEACHER!

You didn't say you needed where it was from, just what it was - stop making up rules as you go along :p