What's new

But what is it..?

madhjsp

Giga Poster
That'd be a dolphin, I'm fairly sure.

What is this ship called, and what movie or TV show is it from?

spaceships-battlestar-galactica-viper-desktop-x-711500.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I used to have a toy one of those. The nose cone could be taken off and attached to other toys from the series, or even onto its own back. The red nose laser cannon popped out and the wings went up and down do you could do a "Starbuck" waggle. It came with a tiny articulated figure too (probably Starbuck, even though he was a burden, Apollo was clearly the best of the two). I always regretted not buying the Cylon ship instead though.

I'm going to have the original theme tune going through my head all day now. Derrrrrn, dun der der dun derder dun derder diddle dun, dun derder diddle dun, dun dun derrrrn. Amazing show (I've still not seen the remake (please, shoot me?) until they reached Earth and then it was just complete pants.

Erm, not idea by the way, is it an X-Wing? ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
madhjsp said:
Also, you should give the remake a look. It's one of my favorite TV series.

It's been on my Lovefilm rental list for years, it just never shows up - Iwonder if it's available on demand from them or Netflix? Wil have to look.

I'm pretty sure there used to be a Galactica model too that shot those ships out using an elastic band catapult, but I may have just dreamt that up :lol:

Did you ever play Epic on the Amiga? It was almost a carbon copy of the TV series (the original) - it was absolutely stunning and hard as nails, but it'd put modern day space shooters to shame!

Is it a Tie Fighter?

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^ It is available for streaming on Netflix.. that's actually where I watched it, as I missed the original ScyFy TV run completely. If you have an account, definitely check it out!

As I'm only 22 the Amiga predates me by quite a bit, so unfortunately I can't say I've played Epic. Looked it up on youtube though and I have to admit, the enemy fighters in this video do look mysteriously like Colonial Viper Mark II's...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrco0txG9XY[/youtube]

... which, as furie has made it implicitly obvious that he knows, is the name of the ship pictured above. :roll: It appears in the TV show Battlestar Galactica.

You're up then.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, I'm still waiting for Joey to tell you you're wrong :lol:

kimahri

CF Legend
madhjsp said:
As I'm only 22 the Amiga predates me by quite a bit

I'm 21 and I sold my soul to my Amiga 500. You're american, Commadore never really made it as big over there.

Aaaanyway. Who's next?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Well, your dog thing was obviously a striped hyena :p

Okay!

You don't need to go as far as the colour variant ;)

Attachments

• 070102101221.jpg
    070102101221.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 47

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
You sure it's not a type bush baby? Bush baby is a group name, not a species name.

I'd have guessed a species of bush baby, but my second guess would be it's a kind of lemur?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Joey said:
You sure it's not a type bush baby? Bush baby is a group name, not a species name.

I'd have guessed a species of bush baby,

Gosh, it's almost as though I'd laid a trap... ;)

Joey said:
but my second guess would be it's a kind of lemur?

Finger on nose and pointing at you! :)

caffeine_demon said:
not an aye aye is it?

No, I do love aye ayes, but they look like badly stuffed witches with spider legs for fingers.