What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

sandgrown

Mega Poster
I saw a similar style track the other day in a similar tone and it looked really classy. With all the interactions Icon has with existing rides, I guess it has to be a neutral colour to minimise colour clashes.

Will

Strata Poster
Don't ask me why, but that made me picture a coaster train decorated with Nadia's old avatar.
It wasn't pretty...
10.jpg

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I looked at the tweet and someone tweeted her saying something like "yay can't wait for it to be open on may bank holiday" (7th may) and she replied saying it would more likely be spring bank holiday (28th may). That's what I took from it anyway.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Oh right, I thought it was in April, LOL.

Although I don't see how it could take until almost June for them to open it. Although if it did open on the 28th of May, that would also be the day of the Big One's 24th birthday.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Must admit, that does still feel like an awfully long way off. :(
This off season is really dragging on now. Winter needs to f**k off, and the parks need to open their new coasters. Not just Blackpool, all of 'em.
Bored of all this waiting around.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
D
^Must admit, that does still feel like an awfully long way off. :(
This off season is really dragging on now. Winter needs to f**k off, and the parks need to open their new coasters. Not just Blackpool, all of 'em.
Bored of all this waiting around.
Don't worry, in about 20 days winter will be well and truly ****ed off. ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
She hasn't confirmed which of the May Bank Holidays it is going to open. Speculation is that it's gonna be the first tone to capitalise on the rest of May, but who knows.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^^^This is the worst part though isn't it? The pre-season lull. Hate this bit.
Tracks are complete, trains are on site... but we all have to wait just a liiiiittle bit longer for all that boring testing, training and signing-off bollocks to be done first.
Goons the world over are like coiled springs this time of year, just waiting for that one mindblowing POV to trigger the 'Boing'!