What's new

Biggest waste of time, space or money.

s15c

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
So.. the ride gets trimmed even harder and the train jolts around the track that much harder? That's logical.

Never said it was smoother or faster. It's just more fun.

Gangster4Life

Mega Poster
I'd have to say Hard Rock Park. Because even though it had good rides, it wasn't advertised properly in the area. The GP hardly knew it was there.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
SnooSnoo said:
Mean Streak was good for 2 rides since I've been on it.. and the trims weren't on because it was a colder day and late in the season. That was the ONLY time that ride is worth riding. In fact.. we re-rode it.. Antinos <3

I'm so glad I have somebody to back me up on this :D

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Terminator at SFMM is easily the biggest waste of space, time, and money. The plot of land that Psyclone, which was horrendously awful, had left was plenty big for a decent sized coaster. They settled on the biggest load GCI has ever done. The theming, if you can call it that, is half assed and lame. A few trashy looking cars, and some junk and its themed? If you say so. I waited an hour for it, this after riding Prowler, which, is pretty much orgasmic, especially at night. There is nothing that makes it stand out, except for the flamethrower, and lets be honest, it doesn't add anything to the ride. SFMM has a lot of fail stamps everywhere, the lack of flats, Scream!, Thomasland, but Terminator is by far the biggest fail and disappointment there.

s15c

Mega Poster
Antinos said:
SnooSnoo said:
Mean Streak was good for 2 rides since I've been on it.. and the trims weren't on because it was a colder day and late in the season. That was the ONLY time that ride is worth riding. In fact.. we re-rode it.. Antinos <3

I'm so glad I have somebody to back me up on this :D
It's not difficult to find someone who will back you up on this. I'm fighting for the losing side. Just about everyone hates Mean Streak.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Drag On Mountain at Marineland is absoloutely huge, and just awful.

I'm sure they could build about 3 normal sized coasters there...

Xpress

Strata Poster
tomahawKSU said:
Terminator at SFMM is easily the biggest waste of space, time, and money. The plot of land that Psyclone, which was horrendously awful, had left was plenty big for a decent sized coaster. They settled on the biggest load GCI has ever done. The theming, if you can call it that, is half assed and lame. A few trashy looking cars, and some junk and its themed? If you say so. I waited an hour for it, this after riding Prowler, which, is pretty much orgasmic, especially at night. There is nothing that makes it stand out, except for the flamethrower, and lets be honest, it doesn't add anything to the ride. SFMM has a lot of fail stamps everywhere, the lack of flats, Scream!, Thomasland, but Terminator is by far the biggest fail and disappointment there.

When you consider the last few installments they have had, Terminator is actually themed incredibly well. The indoor section actually has some thrills to it!

Key points in the ride:
-First air hill
-High banked turn after lifthill turnaround
-Air hill going over Q

Comparing between Psyclone and Terminator, Terminator is like riding a luxurious 5 star cruiser ;)

RCF

Strata Poster
Well speaking of Terminator I can't wait to see how they keep it themed after removing the name.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I'd have to say Hard Rock Park. Because even though it had good rides, it wasn't advertised properly in the area. The GP hardly knew it was there.

Agreed, what a waste of a perfectly good B&M (albeit not one of the most inspired layouts).

Quaaaaack

Roller Poster
Probably going to catch a lot of heat for this but I'm going to say that Cheetah Hunt will be a big waste if it only goes 60 mph / 96 kph. I know BG:A is trying to get some more family friendly rides but you can't do that with Intamin. But hey, Its not my money so what does it matter right.

kimahri

CF Legend
I'm still surprised Walabi's vertion hasn't been brought up as much as it should. Although, parroting what other have said, maybe it was such a big waste it was that forgetable

alexr

Hyper Poster
Valhalla at Pleasure Beach Blackpool.
It's a waste of space and money, Half the effect are broken or never switched on, The water vortex sometimes doesn't work right and soaks you. The boats don't have proper drainage system. This is the ride which lead to sbno rides at the park because it cost so much.
Also Primeval Whirl it doesn't fit in with a Disney park, Maybe at a ddraveling fair but no way Disney. It just looks tacky.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Thinking of water rides: Shoot the Rapids at Cedar Point.

Ok, so it's not bad for a log flume (sorry, but that's what it basically is), but what's the point of it? They ripped out a log flume to rplace it with... a log flume. Then you've got the shorter drop as the "finale" to the ride, which is just stupid, coupled with boats that were completely **** ed up and so couldn't open until waayyyy into the season and even now can't be filled properly.

The whole thing takes up a **** load of space as well, all for a basically superfluous ride.

Jake

Strata Poster
That car ride thing at Blackpool has a HUGE footprint compared to the size of the park, and needs to go.

As far ride:park size ratios go, that's probably number one that I can think of.