What's new

Biggest waste of time, space or money.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I still think that mine trains are a nice diversion from the more adult serious coasters. That being said, I'm starting to get bored with them. Most of the time it seems that these have a large footprint for a family ride. My frustration started with Adventure Express @ KI and Runaway Mine Train @ SFOT. Generally, there are many lifts but not too many good drops. On the other hand, Road Runner Express @ SFFT and Big Thunder Mountain @ WDW are pretty good.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^What the **** are you on?! Adventure Express is brilliant!

:lol:

Seriously though, for a park a mine-train is a fantastic family attraction. Better than most of the other ****ty kiddie coasters. It allows them to theme it well, it's not intimidating and they're great fun. I think they're great for parks.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
GIVEN THE MUCH SMALLER FOOTPRINT, I would go with Flying ACE Aerial Chase or
Woodstock Express over Adventure Express. The only good thing about Great Pumpkin Coaster
is it would take just a little dynamite to get the job done (LOL). I'm just saying what I prefer.
All are probably nice for a 8 year old.

Lofty

CF Legend
After watching several POV's of these things I have a new conclusion for MASSIVE wastes of space. Although they may be fun, for the footprint they take up, they're not worth it. It's the "Bobkart" things. Like an alpine slide but powered. Surely they can't be cheap to run either?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Nah, they're totally worth it. They're really, really fun. People who don't like coasters or thrill rides can ride them, too; they're a great all-round attraction.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry but I have to disagree with that one & if you choose the one at Six Flags America you have to put the one at Darien Lake in there as well. I'm no fan of those straightaways, but if you consider when the coasters were built & what they were supposed to do they're pretty much right on the money. Sure, they have a HUGE footprint, but they do deliver (especially for the GP).

Lofty

CF Legend
I think Th13teen does it's job. It hits the family market. It isn't aimed at the Thrill Market (totally, probably partially). Thing is, it isn't wasting any space, it makes the best it can do of it's space, Corkscrew did wast space imo, it was just existing, neither doing this, or that? Whereas Th13teen goes into the woods and utilises the old space well.