What's new

Big Brother 2009

Ollie

CF Legend
That task where they had to shave the eyebrows and draw on the face was funny when they were deciding who was going to do it. :p
Especially now she has to do it everyday again now doesn't she?
It's alright so far. The house mates (not yet) aren't that good or anything special (they never have been).
I may just catch up with highlights every now and then but I'm not that interested really.

Mark

Strata Poster
Day 1: MY INITIAL THOUGHTS
On entry…

The house: Love the minimal look and style. It is going to be major pressure on the initial 16.
The game: The whole 16 non-house mates... GENIUS! We’ve never had so many housemates in one go surely…

The HOUSEMATES:
Freddie: Strange toff like character. Bit of a goon I think...

Lisa: Token Lesbian, crazy, pink hair, should be interesting...

Sophie: Airhead bimbo! (Although it appeared that Lisa was certainly googling those items)

Kris: Hmmm, allied carpets... well it is a new house, dumb ass!

Noirin: Full of ones self much? INDEED

Cairon: Wannabe smart arse initial impressions! Sounds like his name is Karen when he says it!

Angel: Oh for the love of god, just get in the house.

Carly: I don't care what you think... You ARE stuck up!

Marcus: You might have the beard, but Hugh Jackman you most definitely are not. Trendsetter... ER no... Cool as ****... We shall reconsider when you have a shave ay!

Beinazir: Blatantly not following the religion: Alpha female…. No, just an attitude problem I think!

Sophia: Tiny, but well spoken, seems bubbly and friendly. I like her! Why would you wanna be something that doesn’t require any brain cells… ironic words from a BB wannabe housemate lol (Possibly my fave so far….)?

Rodrigo: Reminds me of someone I know… no names though I am afraid. Could it possibly be a genuine nice guy? England turning you gay… I wonder if you weren’t there already?!?!?!?

Charlie: Token Gay; I haven’t got a bad bone in my body; it was in my boyfriend last night, naughty! I can imagine a huge proportion of my friends totally fancying him; Male and female hahahaha

Saffia: Honest; Straight to the point. Has a 7 month year old and already off into BB and then says her children main priority in the same VT… Er... ok then…

Sree: I see our token religious disagreements starting at this point. Seems like a nice guy though. 2 pints of beer and a hangover??? This will be interesting! Walking the BB mile wearing a Union Jack and holding an Indian Flag, either a stroke of genius (ya know, uniting nations and everything) or attempt to upset some people. The Sun newspaper will most probably decide…

Siavash: Sorry but initial thoughts are of an egocentric freak. There had to be one I guess! He says he is unique… no doubt about that! Massive amount of boos too! Most definitely FULL OF HIMSELF!

Anyways, I probably wont be posting on here loads... I do have a discussion group on facebook if any of you are interested...
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=97263297791

Dave

CF Legend
What a weird bunch of names, did they just pick housemates based on their wild and strange names?

mrclam

Giga Poster
I think my problem with big brother always was that the producers go out of their way to put "wacky" characters in the house.

But the problem is with "wacky" people is that they tend to be - on the whole - the most boring to watch. They're normally completely clueless thick individuals (the type i actively try to avoid in real life), usually from single parent teenage mums (thus the stupid names*) who probably grew up not being loved or cared for - and now think they can make up for that neglect by being on tv.

I'd love to see a few intelligent people in there having an intellectual argument which i dont understand.

Or people who dont scream and shout and jump up and down every 5 minutes.

Or people who arent desperately constantly 24/7 trying to play up to the camera in order to secure a tv show when they get out of there.

Oooh.. I've just realised.. this is my 3rd big-brother free year.. YAY!!!!

(yes americans have big brother - but no-one watches it)

* - Also for discussion = people who have kids under the age of 16 should not be allowed to name their own children - for fear of scaring them for life by calling them something chavvy and stupid.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Interesting first night. I felt most of the promo videos for the people entering made them out to be horrible and this in turn made the crowd boo for nearly each person going in. The only people I liked were Sophia, she seemed interesting and not big headed like the rest and Rodrigo seemed okay. The rest were either too weird and trying to be over the top.

The 2 hottest housemates so far.

Karly
article-1190867-0536CB25000005DC-621_233x311.jpg

Sophie
article-1190867-0536C98D000005DC-673_233x311.jpg

mrclam

Giga Poster
the top girl looks like a tranny.
The bottom girl has fake boobs - and looks unhealthly slim in that photo

they both have weird shaped eyebrows which are different colour to their hair

Jools

Giga Poster
mrclam said:
the top girl looks like a tranny.
The bottom girl has fake boobs - and looks unhealthly slim in that photo

they both have weird shaped eyebrows which are different colour to their hair

Plastic surgery and cosmetics have a lot to answer for aye :lol:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If that's the best eye candy on the show, then there is no reason to watch it. Can't stand cheap, conventional blondes.

Clam, this is also my third year of not watching the show. It's past it now, as is UK celeb culture. It's time to concentrate on more serious, funny or entertaining shows.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
Big Brother sucks :p . Sorry had to be done.

Anyway, is'nt there going to be no housemates this year?

I failed :lol:... Well Bt Yahoo news failed.

Anyway i've never watched an episode of Big Brother, except one in the 4th or 5th season, never again!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well, I fell asleep 30 mins before the start of last nights show, and woke up at 2.10 am, so missed the whole show :p.

Managed to watch 40 mins of it on 4od now before 4od failed, and I must say that the blonde girls are shagable, but so plastic. The only guy I think I might like is the American one, and the others have no personality at all.

Plus, there is NO LIVE FEED!! I know what you're thinking, 'You're sad', but sometimes when you can't sleep at night, they're up to keep you moderately entertained. (EDIT: Upon reading of my TV guide, live coverage starts this week :p)

Having watched since the Michelle and Stu series (I can't remember what series that was), I think I might wtach the next few shows and decide whether to continue watching or not.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I found it very hard to watch the first half of last night's Big Brother. It really was uncomfortable viewing, and in my opinion, did not subject to entertainment.

Other than that, it was quiet boring last night. They don't seem to be getting naked, arguing or getting pissed up yet. Give it a few more days...

A

Anonymous

A few more days it will become more entertaining. Theres looks like there could be a few controversial characters in their looking for some trouble! Fingers crossed.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I got bored with it last year and gave up a couple of weeks in. This years seems to be significantly better though. I hate Freddy or "Half Wit". He is an arrogant tosser who think's he is God's gift and for some reason that he is clever for using words like "Aesthetics" and "Benal"

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I think Freddy looks slightly like Darren Brown :p Anyways, I'm, starting to get into it now, and by that I mean I know their names a bit more.

Mark

Strata Poster
I got a phone call today and you may very well be seeing me on Big Brothers Big Mouth on Friday...

Ben

CF Legend
^Cool

Whoever that was that thought German and English are similar because of the NAZIS needs to be hung for pure ignorance.