What's new

BGE 250 Drop Tower 2011 and Multi-Launch Coaster 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
I wonder why they're suddenly becoming really cheap and buying rubbish versions of rides...

Oh wait... Doesn't Merlin's parent company have something to do with their ownership now... *sigh*

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Though it is disheartening, I'd say give BGE a chance.

Eurofighters are another cheap design, yet Dollywood popped out a beautiful coaster with Mystery Mine.

These small coasters allow for loads of theming, which can be the x factor for otherwise crummy layouts and designs.

CoasterWild

Mega Poster
I think the coaster should be similar to the Rock N Rollercoasters in Paris & Florida but outdoors rather than integrated inside a gigantic 'warehouse' building.

fishman100

Mega Poster
Knowing the coasters at BGE, I think it's safe to predict that this coaster will be above 60 MPH. :D

The Mach Tower looks pretty tall, so I'm guessing 65-70. And we just missed it when we went there :(

EDIT: Wouldn't it be cool to see something like Maverick for the "Multi-Launch" coaster???

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Some details were released over at BGWFans.com but they were taken down due to mixed up information, but I did get a chance to see them, and I am greatly disappointed. RCPro had them still up last night, I'm not sure if they are taking them down per request or what, I am sure TPR has them up, and I am sure if you wanted you can find them, but wow. Zierer. There is a dropping/tilting portion of track, but if this thing goes more than 45 mph, I will be shocked. The theme seems like a haunted forest on the autobahn, and yep, they are sticking with the autobahn theme. I bet they are going to try and go the Thirt33n route and try and make it seem like an extreme thrill ride when its at most a mid level family coaster.

A

Anonymous

If the pictures that you are talking about are those that are posted on Screamscape, then I have to say that it looks pretty nice, for a family point of view. CLICK
Seems like they are going to use the new ESC trains that they have introduced on 2 new coasters and I have only heard good reviews of them, and knowing that Zierer had a hand in making Lisebergbanan then they really know how to pull a coaster of this scale of...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Screamscape won't load for me. It's been doing this for the last few days. The rest of the internet is FINE, but I keep getting a "Firefox can't find the server at "www.screamscape.com"." message. It's getting on my tits now.

Ben

CF Legend
^Yeah it's not working for me either...

This sounds more and more bollocks by the day.

Go die, Blackstone.

Snoo

The Legend
^Agreed. :p

But the plans did look interesting.. let's hope it rides better than Cheetah Hunt.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Let's also hope it's better than Thirteen. The event building looks to have something halfway decent inside it and the overall idea doesn't sound as bad as I originally thought.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Screamscape is back up, the photos pretty much layout out all of the layout, and even includes concept art of the final drop with a covered bridge theme. Looks pretty good!

Martyn B

CF Legend
db_14.jpg

db_51.jpg

db_2012_BGWCoasterArt011.jpg

Looks good me thinks!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Enjoy the images while they last, BGENation has had to remove their images, I imagine on request of the park.

fishman100

Mega Poster
45 MPH isn't bad; that's a good warm-up speed.

And now that we have some general information, I wonder what the many "firsts" are going to be? Maybe the most number of launches on a coaster?

marc

CF Legend
Maybe the 1st Zierra great coaster as lets be honest here so far their catalog is not that great. Maybe the Intamin version was to expensive for Merlin the one for BGA was already ordered.

This for me has cheap option written all over it. Look at all the other great coasters in the park then this one and you see what I mean :)

I do hope they do a good job though as it looks like it will be fun.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I think first vertical launch 'n' brake will be the big advertising point of the ride.

I wouldn't write this off as a cheap option, as it has very extensive theming and what seems to be an alright layout. I'm genuinely looking forward to the end product.

Bear in mind even Disney goes with Vekoma for their coasters, which are certainly not cheap options.

Status
Not open for further replies.