What's new

Best/Worst rollercoaster Elements

Xpress

Strata Poster
My personal preference is Silver Bullets Overbanked Zero-G-Turn. I have no idea how they managed to do it, but that sucker gets you weightless AND spits you out in a different direction, at the same time.

Also, B&M Wingovers and ANY airtime hill on a wooden coaster.

Kata1

Roller Poster
Xpress said:
My personal preference is Silver Bullets Overbanked Zero-G-Turn. I have no idea how they managed to do it, but that sucker gets you weightless AND spits you out in a different direction, at the same time.

Also, B&M Wingovers and ANY airtime hill on a wooden coaster.
I have never been on a coaster with an overbanked Zero-G-Turn. But I want to.

Darkrider

Roller Poster
My favourite element is ejector airtime, especially on the Grand National at Pleasure Beach Blackpool. From the first double drop, to the just before the bunny hops. :--D :--D

billybobjoebob

Mega Poster
Best is Manta's pretzel loop or either of the first two airtime hills on Blue Streak (the heartline roll/dive on Stormrunner is definately a runner up)

Worst is definately the pretzel turnaround on Iron Dragon or the first turn on Mean Streak

Treeis

Mega Poster
The only 0-G rolls I have experienced are Nemesis, Inferno, Shockwave, and Kumali.

Is it fair to say that I havent experienced a really well executed 0-G roll?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Shockwave's Zero-G is very close, but both Dragon Khan's and The Swarm's do it just about right (seat depending).

Mack

Mega Poster
(Holy topic revival, sorry.)
I've always disliked cobra rolls. They don't flow well at all, and usually aren't that eventful of a part of a ride. I feel like they only exist because of the value of 2 inversions + a turnaround all in one element.

Best elements are large vertical loops (with hangtime) and the inside raven turn, even though fourth dimensions are rare.

Lofty

CF Legend
Mack said:
(Holy topic revival, sorry.)
I've always disliked cobra rolls. They don't flow well at all, and usually aren't that eventful of a part of a ride. I feel like they only exist because of the value of 2 inversions + a turnaround all in one element.
I'd agree if Khan's didn't piss all over that theory. It is VERY intense and disorientating, whilst being enjoyable too. Great element of that coaster.

oryp

Roller Poster
My favorites are zero-g rolls, followed by the batwing on Afterburn at Carowinds. It's so disorienting but enjoyable. The slow corkscrews over the water on Anaconda at KD are nice as well.

My least favorite is Vekoma's butterfly. It's just two vertical loops with really painful twists.

Snoo

The Legend
Alpengeist seems to snap more then the other cobras I've been on. Even though I hadn't been on it in years, I still found it find though.

AJ

Giga Poster
Alpengeist's cobra is gross. But as Snoo says, it seems to have more 'snap' than any others <\\3

Alpengeist is pretty fab, though.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Best:
- Airs' lovely Fly To Lie that keeps you on your back for ages :)
- The over banked turn which follows the drop on Duelling Dragons Ice.
- Swarms zero-G roll
- Any S-Bend taken at high speed whilst sat in the back row!

Worst:
- Vekoma Corkscrews
- Intamin Rocket launches, they make me feel like I can't breathe :S

On the subject of Cobra Rolls, I find they tend to be much more enjoyable on B+M inverts than other coasters.