What's new

Best/Worst rollercoaster Elements

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
Cobra rolls are pretty vile, I've yet to ride a fun one. They look cool, but to ride they're just really uncomfortable and throw you around. This is a particularly harrowing experience if you are of a shorter physique and your ears don't quite clear the restraints. Ow.

I like cobra rolls, but even better?

Batwings. They are uncommon, and the positive G's are delicious.

nadroJ

CF Legend
rollermonkey said:
nadroJ said:
Cobra rolls are pretty vile, I've yet to ride a fun one. They look cool, but to ride they're just really uncomfortable and throw you around. This is a particularly harrowing experience if you are of a shorter physique and your ears don't quite clear the restraints. Ow.

I like cobra rolls, but even better?

Batwings. They are uncommon, and the positive G's are delicious.

Again, they look cool, but I'm not a fan of really forceful elements, I prefer to float than be pinned to me seat. And again, there's the issue of OTSRs and shortness </3

Jer

Strata Poster
I though the norwegian loop of Fahrenheit was pretty amazing, the forces were great, and it had some good hang time going on at the top.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nah, that one's rubbish, Speed Monster's though was really excellent :p

I like Cobra Rolls too, don't know why? They're not a favourite element, but I find them "fun" :)

Jer

Strata Poster
It was my first norwegian loop, and probably will be for a long time, let me enjoy it!

Cobra rolls can be fun, i've really only been on one I found to be painful which was Hydras

Frank

Roller Poster
Can we count lift hills as "elements"?

If we can, I'm not keen on vertical lift hills. It's not a nice feeling. I imagine the Maurer ones are even worse, as there's nothing stopping your shoulders as you slide down the back of the chair...

reddude333

Giga Poster
I loved Tatsu's pretzel loop...although I always feel like I'm the only one to mention for these types of topics. (Kinda funny because when I wrote this yesterday I was the first but now that I'm finally getting around to pressing submit Josh has just agreed). Also think lats on woodies are awesome!

Least favorite element...MCBR, who needs 'em, lol. Well, at least the ones that bring you to almost a complete stop. Total buzzkill.

Colossus

Giga Poster
reddude333 said:
Least favorite element...MCBR, who needs 'em, lol. Well, at least the ones that bring you to almost a complete stop. Total buzzkill.

If you ever get yourself over to Thorpe Park here in the UK, you`ll see a prime example of that, with X;NWO.

Jer

Strata Poster
reddude333 said:

MCBRs aren't so much an element as they are a necessity for the blocking system on coasters. Without them it would be hard to run more than one train on the circuit at once because there would be no sign it would be safe to launch the next train, thus effecting the capacity quite a lot.

reddude333

Giga Poster
^Yeah, I know what they are for...I was being facetious... and that's part of why I modified it with "at least not the ones that bring you to almost a complete stop".

Ethan

Strata Poster
Plus the MCBRs on X:\WTF are to create "confusion" and "fear". Nice to know they do their job wonderfully... -_-

D1993

Hyper Poster
Its funny ... I don't actually think there is any element I dont like.
I love loops ... I loev zero g rolls ... I love immelmans and corkscrews!!
I love barrel rolls and heartline rolls both fast and slow!
Fast is more intense, but I find the ones that go slow more FUN!
like volcano!
There are no bad inversions! :)
Unless its made by vekoma, togo, or a bad arrow coaster.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
D1993 said:
Unless its made by vekoma, togo, or a bad arrow coaster.

I Don't get why there is always so much hate on arrow, sure you can bang your head a couple times but I rarely did, and there rides were so much fun.

My favorite would have to be a (forceful) loop like the ones on gasm.
My least favorite would have to be that god awful first helix on Hurler at kings dominion.

reddude333

Giga Poster
^It's not so much the banging of the head as it is the OTSRs severing your clavicles...at least for us tall people. It makes almost all Arrow loopers too painful to be fun :-(

On topic, since my MCBR joke didn't seem well received, another least favorite element is the hairpin turn...ugh!