Hmm, lets see (also <3 lists!) In order of best to worst -
1 - Superman / la Atracción de Acero Parque Warner Madrid
2 - Superman Krypton Coaster Six Flags Fiesta Texas 0
3 - Bizarro Six Flags Great Adventure
4 - Kraken SeaWorld Orlando
5 - Dominator Kings Dominion
6 - Dæmonen Tivoli Gardens
7 - Batman - The Dark Knight Six Flags New England
8 - Hydra the Revenge Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom
9 - Scream! Six Flags Magic Mountain (eww)
1. Superman Krypton Coaster, Six Flags Fiesta Texas
The cliffside setting of Superman wins it for me.
2. Medusa, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
A very solid layout.
3. Kraken, SeaWorld Orlando
Another 'classic' B&M.
4. Bizarro, Six Flags Great Adventure
5. Dæmonen,Tivoli Gardens
I did like this, but it was very short. Extra points for being different too.
6. Batman - The Dark Knight, Six Flags New England
Quite fun, but quite short!
7. Rougarou, Cedar Point
I rode it as Mantis, which is basically the same thing, and thought it had a nice layout. A monster of a B&M!
8. Hydra the Revenge, Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom
I actually quite like the Jo-Jo Roll, but the rest of the ride is relatively dull.
9. Scream!, Six Flags Magic Mountain
Nothing really wrong with the layout, but it's just a bit... ****?
I should be getting these two this season, so I'll have to see where they rank - I've heard good things about both of them.
Superman / la Atracción de Acero, Parque Warner Madrid
Dominator, Kings Dominion
1. Hydra- Loved the Jojo roll, loved the interaction with the hillside, good mix of floater and inversions. Very solid ride and my favorite in the park, not to mention the biggest surprise of the trip!
2. Rougarou- First half is good, love the inclined loop, but after the corkscrew the **** hits the fan sadly.
3. Scream- Worst B&M I've been on. Ugly structure, ugly location, ugly throbbing in my head as it beat me up. B&M made some pretty bad stand ups but none hold a candle to this awful thing.
Emily's swearing up and down I'll like Bizarro in July, I don't believe her.
^Yeah! The fire was a real surprise for me too! I forgot/didn't know the ride even had flamethrowers and I didn't see it go off until my front row ride. It made the dive loop (which I find generally boring inversions imo) into one of the highlights of the ride.
^^Talon actually underwhelmed me a ton for some reason. It just lacked any unique flavor and I felt it had nothing that you couldn't get on literally any other invert. Hydra on the other hand was just so unique in that it was a floorless with actual airtime and minimal headbanging. Combine that with the crazy start to the ride and interaction with the sloped hillside and you have the park's crown jewel in my eyes!
Can somebody who's been on both Bizarro and Scream confirm that they do offer different ride experiences? I'm being told I'll love it, I've seen it in top tens among other regional enthusiasts, but to me I see it as a mirror image of the biggest embarrassment to B&M they've made.