What's new

Ben Ten Alien Thing - Junior Boomerang, DMP

Martyn B

CF Legend
I think Vekoma Family Shuttle is all we know at the minute.

I guess that *could* mean a smaller version of their Big Air coaster?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
It does, but I can't see that fitting into that space at all! I imagined that area occupying a coaster which hasa large area, but very where guests can't walk underneath it (i.e. those areas of G-Force where guests can walk through the coaster). This type of coaster needs quite a long straight that will take over any land it is built on, and I just can't get my head around that at this area in the park.

But yes, interesting indeed Joey!

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Does anybody here know how much land Drayton actually has? Because to me it doesn't seem like them have a lot of land to expand on, I'm probably wrong, I'm just wondering....

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
If I remember rightly, approximately 375 acres, but the vast bulk of that is lake, so maybe only a third or so actually viable land.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'm considering phoning them up and going "what are you getting next year? Because your park is utter **** and if it's not anything good I won't ever come back ever again."

MinteButtons

Mega Poster
Drayton has improved a bit, I'd say but a new family coaster will be good for them, as both times I've been it's been full of families.

It won't bring me back next year, but I'd say it's a good investment.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
It won't bring me back next year, but I'd say it's a good investment.

I said the same thing when I went the season before last, I feel Drayton need a big investment for it to be where it was a few years back. I love the place as it is one of a few independantly owned parks in the uk that are successful and it really has the family own charm about it.

The problem for me it will take a big investment to make me want to drive from Brighton to go there.

I do think they are on the right track with the hotel and having possibly 3 big attractions next year and the year after.

I see this coaster being a filler attraction before to possible big coaster for 2012. Well with the olymics comming and all.

Martyn B

CF Legend
shawnoc said:
I feel Drayton need a big investment for it to be where it was a few years back.

Huh? The place was an absolute **** hole a few years back. In my opinion it has improved lots over the last couple of years, and all they need now is a new decent ride to help take it even further in the right direction.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Even though I did used to slate it to death, I don't think Drayton's as bad as most people say it is. I've actually taken quite a liking to the park, which may mainly be because of Maelstrom, but honestly, I personally think it's far from awful.

Backing up what Martyn said, the first time I went was in 2005 and it really was a hideous dump, but then I went again this year for the CF Live and had a great time. Also, the addition of Thomas Land has obviously had a brilliant impact on the park. They really are heading in the right direction.

While it may not be the UK's best park, I just wish people would stop being so quick to hate it.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I was talking about more than just a few. Sorry I was taking about when they had there last spelt of bring in ne big rides. Storm Foroce, Maelstrom etc.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think I see what shawnoc is getting at. Drayton seems to go through spells. Big ride investment for a few years...nothing for a few years...big ride investment...nothing for a few years...and so on.

I had a good time thanks to the CFers at the Live this season, but aside from Thomas Land, the park felt tired. The slow-ass boat ride - Excali-bore - is proof of that, it was in a desperate state.

On the whole, I'm looking forward to seeing a new coaster at DMP. I can rely on DMP for a quick fix and I think this coaster will be no different. I'm not expecting it to be a defining ride for them like Shockwave, Apoocalypse and Thomas Land were, but I'm sure it'll be good fun all the same.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I think there next defining ride will br the suposid 2012 ride. As this will be a while after Thomas Land. As most parks goe there seems to be a a gap of a few years between huge investments.

This ride I can see as being a filler coaster and the year after Drayton saying that the have had 2 new coasters in 2 years to add to there advertising campagin.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Ian said:
I think I see what shawnoc is getting at. Drayton seems to go through spells. Big ride investment for a few years...nothing for a few years...big ride investment...nothing for a few years...and so on.

Excluding Thomas Land, there hadn't really been any investment in rides since I last visited in 2006, however I was very surprised at just how much of a good day I had earlier this year.

Yes Excalibur and Pirates Adventures are awful, and some (a lot) of the themeing is looking like it needs some love, but on the whole, the park just seem so much better, but I cant put my finger on why. New restaurants probably helped as thats the one thing I remember from years back, they're vile food. But its ok now.

I enjoyed my self so much this year, that if this coaster looks half decent, I may return next year.

peep

CF Legend
Na, Neal that award goes to a dark ride at Gardaland in Italy.

I agree that Drayton is a bit of a mess. I think Thomas land is fantastic but apart from that there isn't much in the way of great attractions. Theming everywhere just looks cheap, drab and its falling apart. The 4D cinema is ok, love the seats but the cut down version of Happy Feet is a bit weird.

Saying that, after the installation of Thomas Land I'm interested about any further investment by the park and a new family coaster is very intriguing.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^The 4D cinema, like all 4D cinemas, is a load of gash.

Happy Feet just makes it more gash.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
^What are you on about?! Happy Feet 4D is quite possibly THE greatest example of 4D cinema! Didn't you see my huge grin? It really opened my eyes to the world of 4D, and the film was MARVELLOUS, not at all cut short or confusing. Shame on you, Gavin!