What's new

Ben Ten Alien Thing - Junior Boomerang, DMP

marc

CF Legend
Not much to go on at the moment, but found this on Screamscape does anyone know more?

New Attraction - Rumor - (10/12/10) I’ve been sent a rumor claiming that a new family coaster design from Vekoma may be coming to replace the Sombreros next season at Drayton Manor. Anyone know more?

jokerman

Giga Poster
Good. I truly believe that Drayton has the capability of being one of the best family days out in the country, and this can only help that.

I just hope its a decent length and layout. Their rides at the moment are not worth queueing for for the length they are.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I've heard a similar rumour in the last few weeks, yep... Comes from "somewhere in the park", so treat as "rumour" :lol:

I think it's possible, and they need something...

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I hope this rumour is true, not just because it'll be an extra credit to nab, nor it begging one of (so far) very few "planned" coasters for next season in the UK, but because I specified on my one and only visit that I will only ever go back if they got a new coaster.

If so, they shall get my custom once again ;)

Vekoma family coaster? Would be a good call for Drayton.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
If I had more enthusiasm for Drayton, I would show it. Unfortunately, I do not.

As it stands, this is just a rumour as well - until further plans are shown or anything, I cannot comment on whether or not it is a "good investment" for the park, or whether it would make me want to go more often.

marc

CF Legend
Just read this on Screamscape about the coaster.

2011 - New Attraction - Rumor - (10/13/10) I’m told that Drayton’s new coaster will actually be some kind of non-looping shuttle coaster, based on the popular Vekoma Boomerang concept. It also seems that they are planning on giving it a theme as well, though I’m not sure what.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
A non-looping Vekoma shuttle coaster? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there currently aren't any of these are there?

This is interesting because this could actually be quite a good coaster. I know they're not going to built the most amazing shuttle coaster in the world, and they've already hinted that it will be more family based, but still, I think it sounds interesting. We'll just have to wait and see what sort of layout they come up with for it!

marc

CF Legend
Will be interesting to see if they use the new style trains and if it will be a normal sit down type or use susspended trains.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
This is all great news. And even though I seem to be one of the only people that actually LIKES Drayton, I must say it really does need a new coaster.

Now I'm not such a big fan of Vekoma, but it'll be interesting to see what the layout and theming will be like.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Oh... Another low capacity ride?

Sigh... :(

Plus... A non-looping shuttle coaster presents... A complicated set of ideas... How the hell are they gonna do that without it being awful?

A

Anonymous

Hixee said:
A non-looping Vekoma shuttle coaster? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there currently aren't any of these are there?
Well the "Big Air" concept is a non inverted Vekoma Shuttle...
Oh yeah there is one UC/opened in Taiwan: On RCDB and Here on CF

And then you have the Togo family shuttle coasters, without inversions.

We'll just see what this thing ends up to be, it can be good, but there is a big possibility that it might not be...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
loefet said:
Hixee said:

Oh yeah, half-pipes... That would be relatively interesting... Ignore my previous post there then...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Correct my if I'm wrong, but isn't the Sombreros a small round flat ride, in the middle of a crowded area?

I cant see how they'll squeeze a coaster in there...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn B said:
Correct my if I'm wrong, but isn't the Sombreros a small round flat ride, in the middle of a crowded area?

I cant see how they'll squeeze a coaster in there...

Obviously just a rumour... However, the ride is next to some chairs, some "pay per play" stalls and a small stage. The area is crowded, but with bugger all.

Not defending the rumour, just saying :lol:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
loefet said:
Hixee said:

And then you have the Togo family shuttle coasters, without inversions.

We'll just see what this thing ends up to be, it can be good, but there is a big possibility that it might not be...
Oh yeah, the half-pipes... oops! :oops:

Well that could be interesting then... we'll have to see what they come up with. If it's true. ;)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
So, a non-looping shuttle coaster? In an area previously taken up by a small flat ride?

Hmmmmmmmm...

p17067.jpg