What's new

Ben Ten Alien Thing - Junior Boomerang, DMP

Pierre

Strata Poster
UC said:
No, the bottom line is that my point still stands.

It's downright embarrassing that people form so much of their lives around something like this, and are capable of dismissing it so abruptly without having the slightest idea of what it is.

As it stands, this is just a rumour as well - until further plans are shown or anything, I cannot comment on whether or not it is a "good investment" for the park, or whether it would make me want to go more often.

I agree. Then at no point should be judging it at all, let alone to be called the enthusiast version of "throwaway ride" - a "credit."

Learn some damned respect for the people that bring you these types of rides.

Get off your high horse sunshine.

If you seriously think the underlying reason for enthusiasts wanting a new coaster is for a "+1" you have no clue.

Sorry but I'm no enthusiast (I disagree with many ways of an enthusiasts thoughts), and certainly don't give a toss about coaster counting, however that just came across as rude, and "I'm on this side of the fence, you're on that side, respect my authoritah!".

Nobodies really dismissed it, the only info we've got is there is a possible new family coaster, until an enthusiast knows more information, the least they can go on to get excited about it is a +1... obviously as more info is released, they get more excited about the coaster for what it actually is, and not just a +1. At least there is some kind of excitement being generated, whether it is excitement for a +1 or not, some excitement and anticipation is better than none?

If you reply expect a reply in about a month as thats about how often I check the nerdy section, people like you killed the imagination and dreaming of being an enthusiast for me, so I'm just GP, sorry.

Edit : New coaster at Drayton = whoo... Troublesome Trucks wasn't enough to make me want to return, another decent coaster on top may do that :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah I can see Drayton going for a Half-pipe. They're kinda different, like the rest of their coasters.

But they aren't usually plugged as a family coaster?

tomtommm

Roller Poster
All rumours at the moment, but they've been quoted saying that the Sombrero ride will be taken out, but the park has refused to comment on whether a Vekoma roller coaster will be installed.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Update on hotel from 12th November: Hotel roughly 50% complete

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

If you look between the trees on the 2nd photo you will see what looks like the coaster track for the new coaster.

nealbie

CF Legend
Yeah, I can't see anything.

Good to see Drayton moving in the right direction. They really do need to get some decent coasters though. As fab as some of their flats are, they don't justify going back in the next couple of years.

peep

CF Legend
I think I can see some sort of blueish metal laying on the ground behind that yellow tree. Is that what you're talking about?

Martyn B

CF Legend
nealbie said:
Good to see Drayton moving in the right direction.

In my opinion the park has been moving in the right direction for the last few years. The place was a dump when I visited in 2006, yet it was a lot better this year, and thats without any major new rides. It goes to show how sorting out the smaller things really can help.

So anyway, what are the posibilities of this coaster being a Vekoma Hammerhead/Big Air?

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I'm amazed they're finally building the hotel! Seems like it was being talked about for ages. Good on them though, they need something to keep people there for a bit longer.

Hopefully the new ride will help sure up what they've already got. The park has got worse planning restrictions than Alton Towers in my opinion.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Inverse said:
^ I don't see it. Which trees are your referring to?

Near the bottom of the picture, just behind the top of the first tree you come to from the bottom, there is a bit of red track. At least that is what I think he means.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ No, thats the construction site for the hotel! They ain't going to keep coaster track there?!

Look at the field infront of Shockwave, just to right of that big brown tree.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Oh it's so good to see that Drayton have got the hotel moving! Very pleased.

Large coaster and large ride for next year? If this is to be believed, it would make sense as you could be like 'yeah, look at my new rides, and now you have a hotel to stop over!' as opposed to just introducing a new hotel and no reason to actually bring you to it.

I know the flat ride that left leaves a small space, but if Draytons definition of a 'large coaster' is something like G Force, that might be able to work around and about that area of the park.

Maybe.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
The coaster track is between the trees just to the left of the building like just as the road starts to turn. The picture was originally much larger but photobucket has shrunk it so i will try and post a close up later.

The large flat ride is apparently replacing the terrences driving school which is being relocated to somewhere in the zoo

The coaster is pretty much confirmed to be a vekoma family shuttle coaster.

and apparently drayton are trying to push ahead with the dueling launched coaster for the 2012 season.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Oh I see it now, the orange stuff?

And I dont get the motive of moving a Thomas ride out of Thomas Land and into the Zoo?

nealbie

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
And I dont get the motive of moving a Thomas ride out of Thomas Land and into the Zoo?

There was a fair amount of Thomas stuff out that end of the park anyway, so it sort of makes sense I suppose.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^ yeah, I see what you mean now. It's just a blob at that resolution. Can you get a higher res image and crop it?