What's new

Another Crappy Publicity Stunt From Thorpe

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^How is baptising people going to stop them thinking that students are obnoxious twats?

I'd actually be a bit more "for" these stunts if they actually followed through with them, rather than just sending a lazy press release about something that they never actually do.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^maybe he meant chastise? Seems like the wrong use of the word. And also, I'd like to see you tell companies such as Dominos Pizza, Super Noodle, Wetherspoons and a plethora of others that a student demographic doesn't exist, and watch them laugh in your face. Think more thoroughly before making such foolish statements.

bmac

Giga Poster
There's a damn good reason why there's a Papa John's at nearly every college campus in the U.S Same with Domino's and even Jimmy John's is starting to capitalize on it, too.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
There isn't a student demographic?

Well that's the stupidest thing I've read today, since how many businesses do Student rates/discounts/etc?

As for the stunt, it's another crap Thorpe PR stunt... I thought they were hiring a new person for this?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The PR for Thorpe is outsourced to another company based in central London. Although Thorpe Park has the final say on what's released, most of the stunts are created and rolled out by the PR company.

Think you could do better? Do you have a good idea for a Thorpe Park publicity stunt? Post your ideas in this topic and who knows, they might just read them ;)

Ethan

Strata Poster
Haha, I think he is... Well a good one could be "Because the 'horror mazes' at the park have been terrifying guests so much, portable toilets have been placed outside them in the hope to prevent any further accidents..." :D

Wow. I'm a genius.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Decent publicity stunt? I'll give you publicity stunts lad.

Free entry if you enter the park in costume relevant to the ride names.

Ninja costume? Congratulations, you can spend all day on Stealth.

Bee costumer? Congratulations, you can spend all day on Swarm.

Set yourself on fire because you're a ballsy mother ****? Congratulations, you can spend all day on Inferno.

Computer keyboard? X:/zz/z/z/z/z/\\\\!!11NoWayOut thingy.

Cutting saw? Obvious is obvious.

Giant red box with a handle out top? Detonator.

A fish with wings?

THINK OF THE POSSIBILE PHOTOS THAT WOULD APPEAR IN THE MEDIA. A train full of ninjas on stealth, bees on swarm, they'd love it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Funnily enough, I did suggest The Swarm of bees on Swarm to them a few months ago...

nealbie

CF Legend
If they are actually enforcing it, I wonder if it's a legitimate way to fast-track The Swarm queueline xD