What's new

Another Crappy Publicity Stunt From Thorpe

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Oh dear....

I really am hating Thorpe now with all it's stupid publicity stunts. Merlin should be ashamed they are swooping to such lows.

Ben

CF Legend
Ha, Thorpe fails.

I'm so shocked I was there the day after and saw nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever... *shock*

Blllllleeehhh.

Ollie

CF Legend
They're just making an excuse early ready for when it breaks down and half the affects don't work. If a customer asks why it's shut they'll just say the ghosts did it. :p

If this means they haven't sold many tickets for Halloween then it's good as it means it'll be quieter this year. :)

Brookes

Giga Poster
I think he might be a real person actually, but not doing whatever they say he's doing, seems a concidence of the name though. :p

Emmett

Giga Poster
:lol: , that article is so cringing. Its like something you would try and freak a child out with.

Although there is a hint of truth in there:-

A Thorpe Park insider said: "Guests started to report an extreme drop in temperature when they walked into the ride building.

The exact same thing happened to me but it was the disappointment of how **** the theming and ride were.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
That would be called air conditioning, you get that soooooo much in America when you enter a building cos of how high they have it on :lol:

This is silly, or maybe it was Ewan...

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
They're just making an excuse early ready for when it breaks down and half the affects don't work. If a customer asks why it's shut they'll just say the ghosts did it. :p

:--D :--D

That stunt is, like others say, REALLY low on Thorpe's part.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I don't get what people are complaining about. I mean...we're talking about it.

Therefore it's worked.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^If we were talking about Thorpe being haunted I would agree...

But since all we're doing is mocking it, then it hasn't really worked the way the PR people may have wanted, it's not really going to affect us anyway as many on here have made a decision if they will or will not go to Thorpe...

Besides, NWO is the haunted ride ;)