What's new

American Riots

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
You're nothing more than a keyboard bully that takes the righteous side of any argument.

You try and condemn me for sharing views. You assassinate my character by branding me a racist. You are a condescending moron, you've created this argument out of nothing. It wasn't your battle simply a view of what I have seen personally. Not once have I mentioned me having any ill feelings towards everyday muslims.

I've simply said that people are wary of them, concerned about the threat, and you've jumped on that and ran with it to the point where you're trying to get me to cause offense.

I help the Asian community, I help the community as a whole by offering jobs and giving people a service. A business that I work extremely hard to run. So for you to try and patronise me does not go down well. I guarantee you wouldn't be saying these same things in person.

I'd love to know what it is you actually do?

Smithy

Strata Poster
mcgoughchris said:
You're nothing more than a keyboard bully that takes the righteous side of any argument.

Right any chance you could focus on opinions rather than me? I realise it suits you to try and divert as much attention as possible away from me challenging you as you have no substance or support for your views but still, at least own up to that instead of this pathetic attempt to belittle me.

You try and condemn me for sharing views.

Wrong. I condemn you for your views.

You assassinate my character by branding me a racist.

I. HAVE. NOT. CALLED. YOU. A. RACIST.

Not once have I mentioned me having any ill feelings towards everyday muslims.

"Also with Muslims and recent events it's getting harder and harder to differentiate between the normal ones and the radicals."

No, just that you find it hard to differentiate them.

I help the Asian community, I help the community as a whole by offering jobs and giving people a service. A business that I work extremely hard to run. So for you to try and patronise me does not go down well. I guarantee you wouldn't be saying these same things in person.

Why do you keep mentioning the Asian community? You do realise muslims come from all races, right? And that this isn't a race issue but an issue of religion?

hahahaha here we go, you're like a poster boy for the EDL now with the YOU WOULDN'T SAY THIS TO MY FACE.

No, you're right, I wouldn't. I try my best to stay away from people with views like yours, you're the sort of person I don't like to associate with. Anyway, I thought you said this conversation was finished?

Smithy

Strata Poster
zopLH21.gif

Laughable attempt at justifying your ignorance which ends in you just throwing insults at me.

You're a joke.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
I'm not mad.

Just not justifying myself to someone on the Internet that has an opinion that is worthless.

People like you that complain and nitpick every detail are why this country is turning into a **** state anyway.

you're wrong but you turn the conversation into a personal attack. My points were correct but you manipulated the conversation to make me come out looking the bad guy.

I've not been around here long but I'm guessing this is the sort of night you live for. Probably got your typing gloves on getting ready for a long night. Sitting with a million windows open researching every small detail of the topic. I made a flippant remark which was in support of Snoo. I apologised to Neil as it may have came across insensitive. Then you jumped all over it because you're the type of man that gets a kick out of heated discussions.

The thing is with guys like you though is that they've rarely got the bottle to go out and do anything in the real world. Therefore you get branded keyboard bullies. Most forums have them. It's like the class clown. And I've learnt my lesson not to get into discussions with you again.

although if you're from Newcastle I'd happily get a drink with you and discuss this in person. Saturday night. You choose the bar. I'll even get you a drink

Smithy

Strata Poster
mcgoughchris said:
I'm not mad.

You seem mad. You said you were finished an hour or so ago and have resorted to just insulting me now.

Just not justifying myself to someone on the Internet that has an opinion that is worthless.

Whatever excuse you want to make for it.

People like you that complain and nitpick every detail are why this country is turning into a **** state anyway.

Fairly sure it's due to income inequality, questionable policies and intolerance towards others but aye, me requesting some evidence to support your opinions on a rollercoaster enthusiast forum is definitely the reason this country is going downhill.

you're wrong but you turn the conversation into a personal attack. My points were correct but you manipulated the conversation to make me come out looking the bad guy.

Nope, I asked for some evidence to support your opinions and you gave none. Then began to insult me. You can say your points were correct but you have no proof of them being so.

I'm not trying to make you look the bad guy (you've done a sterling job of doing that yourself tonight), I'm merely asking you to justify your opinions.

I've not been around here long but I'm guessing this is the sort of night you live for.

Not really, Eagles-Cowboys game is a bit of a blowout and I was hoping to try and get some sort of answers out of you.

The thing is with guys like you though is that they've rarely got the bottle to go out and do anything in the real world. Therefore you get branded keyboard bullies. Most forums have them. It's like the class clown. And I've learnt my lesson not to get into discussions with you again.

If you think I'm a keyboard bully I'd love to see what you'd make of UC, he'd have torn you to pieces with far greater wit and harshness whereas I've actually provided you several opportunities to defend yourself by supporting your claims, opportunities you've passed up in favour of launching insults at me. What would I have to go out and do in the real world? Start walking up to random people asking them their views on Islam? No, I challenge ignorance when I see it, I don't go looking for it. Asking for evidence to support an opinion doesn't make me a keyboard bully, throwing insults because you can't defend yourself does.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
A brief look through your post history tells a different story.

Seems very much like you're a pessimistic twat that takes every opportunity to pick faults.

It's more a question of me asking what you actually do in the real world. Normally guys like you are all talk and no action

Like you rip people to bits to make yourself feel better because you of your **** house/car/job. Probably got a degree you don't use with big student debts etc. Earning your 20k a year and living in absolute mediocrity.

Good for you though. It's nice to see you at least have this to fall back on

Smithy

Strata Poster
mcgoughchris said:

If you can go digging through my post history why can't you go digging for some evidence to support your opinion?

You can keep throwing personal shots at me all you want; they don't bother me. They merely serve to highlight how utterly childish you are in doing so, and don't change the utter ignorance and intolerance you've shown.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Just because Chris isn't a bleeding heart politically correct liberal doesn't make him a bad or intolerant person...

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
Smithy said:
mcgoughchris said:

If you can go digging through my post history why can't you go digging for some evidence to support your opinion?

You can keep throwing personal shots at me all you want; they don't bother me. They merely serve to highlight how utterly childish you are in doing so, and don't change the utter ignorance and intolerance you've shown.

I'm sure people know my childishness is there already since I'm on a roller coaster forum and not provided a single post about a roller coaster as of yet.

I had a brief look at your post history. I'm not digging up propaganda on Muslim hate you tool!

I have no shown ignorance or any intolerance in the slightest. I'm saying that in the current climate they pose a high threat that isn't going away anytime soon. And unfortunately because of jihadi John and other British muslims connection to ISIS they WILL get tarred with the same brush. Simple as that.

No racism, no hate, no ill feelings or personal attacks. It does not affect me on a day to day basis.

I simply made a remark saying black people were not an issue in this country, however, due to recent events the Muslim community has been getting a bit of stick. Now whether I think it's justified or not is a different story altogether. You took that point and ran with it. It was a single remark that I have defended.

If you think the common everyman/woman reads countless articles about who's right and who's wrong and gathers information and forms an educated opinion then you are completely misunderstanding how people think.

CJBRANDY agreed that there was a cause for concern and you yourself agreed with him, therefore, you indirectly agreed with my original argument anyway. You're an idiot mate and you're going round in circles trying to get me to say something that you can throw in my face.

I don't need anymore information than what I can see happening in front of my eyes. I'm a street smart guy, very few people are genuinely good, they look out for number 1 and it's the ones that don't, the ones that help others, that usually end up getting the worst deal. Trust me

And you outright calling me a bad person when I look after my family, my partner, my daughter to the best of my ability, work hard, give to charities etc etc makes you the bigger person

I'd knock you out if I saw you just for saying that. You're a little cretin. Go back to your gutter you trash

Smithy

Strata Poster
mcgoughchris said:
I have no shown ignorance or any intolerance in the slightest. I'm saying that in the current climate they pose a high threat that isn't going away anytime soon. And unfortunately because of jihadi John and other British muslims connection to ISIS they WILL get tarred with the same brush. Simple as that.

Who is they?

Because if by they you're referring to all muslims, then that's just cementing your ignorance. They will only get tarred with the same brush by people who are intolerant and ignorant. Are all Irish IRA members/supporters? Of course not, and 99% of the members on here don't think all muslims are the same.

No racism, no hate, no ill feelings or personal attacks. It does not affect me on a day to day basis.

So why is it such a threat to you?

I simply made a remark saying black people were not an issue in this country, however, due to recent events the Muslim community has been getting a bit of stick. Now whether I think it's justified or not is a different story altogether. You took that point and ran with it. It was a single remark that I have defended.

No, the main point I take issue with is you saying you cannot differentiate between all muslims and extremists. That's what I challenged.

CJBRANDY agreed that there was a cause for concern and you yourself agreed with him, therefore, you indirectly agreed with my original argument anyway. You're an idiot mate and you're going round in circles trying to get me to say something that you can throw in my face.

No, as above I take issue with you saying you're unable to differentiate (I'll choose to ignore the rest of what you've since come out to show yet more ignorance to somehow bring it full circle) between muslims and extremists; of course there's a threat to this country, but not all muslims are a threat, not all muslims are extremists and not all muslims agree with extremist views.

I don't need anymore information than what I can see happening in front of my eyes.

And again, that soundbite has been regurgitated for years upon years by people unable to defend their views with facts and figures. It doesn't hold.

I'll summarise for you. I don't like that you made the comment that you can't differentiate between normal muslims and extremists.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
You're a retard

You agreed that it was cause for concern.

Why would there be highlighted cause for concern if it was my an issue within the country... Why are people frightened if it's just empty threats.

Why are these issues happening in the first place if you're able to differentiate who is good and who is bad before the events actually happen.

There would be no bad in the world if you could see the future. Unfortunately you can't though and putting your faith in human decency and honesty will land you in a ton of trouble.

I'm saying the level of bad press, media and some of what muslims have caused themselves has lead to obvious negative public opinion.

How can I make that anymore clear?

I'm not saying it's all Muslims but I am saying until we know who in the world is bad and who is good then how much trust can you really show people.

Can I put it in any simpler terms?

I mean seriously smithy. How can you deny these points. I've not once branded the entire music population as terrorists. I've told you I help them, and whether I believe in there religion or not I don't actively spread negativity about it nor do I share my views with them. It's each to there own but what I am saying is that out of every religion they seem to be the ones taking it to the extremes and negatively affecting others. Again it's not all if them but you can see why people would be wary

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
Please someone else come in and talk some sense into this bumbling idiot because we're going round in circles.

I have no proof! Just because I have no proof doesn't mean the opinions and danger don't exist.

You think you're gonna get your everyday Joe Bloggs and Steve Smith coming out and saying these things in public. Yeah right! They'd be imprisoned quicker than they could defend themselves.

BBH

Giga Poster
mcgoughchris said:
Why do more white people not live in the middle east? If everyone shares the same views and gets along just fine why don't you book your next holiday there.

I don't see Muslim people even trying to stop what's going on! If anything it's picking up momentum. You'd be a fool not to be concerned after the things we've seen over the past 2 decades
Because the extremists (in the very small minority but they're still there) have a stranglehold on the nations there.

What Smithy's saying isn't that there aren't extremists, but that you shouldn't judge the entire religion based on the actions of a select few. The fact is that the vast majority of Muslims renounce the actions of the extremists, but they have the entire world at their throats because of IS and others like them. It's quite unfortunate but the reality is that people will be close-minded about these things.

It's like the feminist movement, where Christian evangelists accused feminists of killing their husbands and becoming lesbians. It's a widespread misconception.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
BBH said:
mcgoughchris said:
Why do more white people not live in the middle east? If everyone shares the same views and gets along just fine why don't you book your next holiday there.

I don't see Muslim people even trying to stop what's going on! If anything it's picking up momentum. You'd be a fool not to be concerned after the things we've seen over the past 2 decades
Because the extremists (in the very small minority but they're still there) have a stranglehold on the nations there.

What Smithy's saying isn't that there aren't extremists, but that you shouldn't judge the entire religion based on the actions of a select few. The fact

I agree with you completely

The judgment is there though... whether we like it or not. It's not coming from you or me but it's there. You both know it is but you're denying it for arguments sake.

I tell you where the problems lie. It's with people like you smithy that take the views and run with them to the point where you crucify the guy

You're like the coasterforce equivalent of Rio Ferdinand

Smithy

Strata Poster
mcgoughchris said:
You agreed that it was cause for concern.

Extremism is a cause for concern.

That doesn't mean all muslims are a cause for concern.

Why are these issues happening in the first place if you're able to differentiate who is good and who is bad before the events actually happen.

Again. 2.8 million Muslims in the UK. 2 incidents. It's 2 too many, but more people have been beheaded by non-muslims than muslims in the past 20 years.

I'm not saying it's all Muslims but I am saying until we know who in the world is bad and who is good then how much trust can you really show people.

But that applies to everyone, of all religions, genders, races.

I mean seriously smithy. How can you deny these points. I've not once branded the entire music population as terrorists.

You've said you can't differentiate them. Based off of the actions of precisely 0.0002% of the Muslim community in the UK, you're assuming we can't trust them.

I've told you I help them, and whether I believe in there religion or not I don't actively spread negativity about it nor do I share my views with them. It's each to there own but what I am saying is that out of every religion they seem to be the ones taking it to the extremes and negatively affecting others. Again it's not all if them but you can see why people would be wary

Out of interest, why do you employ them if as you say you "can't trust them"?

I'm quite happy to accept you've tripped over yourself in trying to defend your points and dug yourself deeper and for what it's worth I don't think you've got any sort of outright hatred or dislike of any person solely for their religion; I just think it's a dangerous way to think when you're stereotyping an entire religion based off of the actions of an absolute minority.

I have no proof!

I have no proof!

I have no proof!

Why didn't you just say this at the start and save yourself the hassle?

Lol at you still throwing insults.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
Neither of us have proof on what the public opinion is.

You throw percentage facts with no backing behind them

no one could care less about the muslims two decades ago but the fact that ISIS is happening RIGHT NOW has created poor relations RIGHT NOW

I'm sure it'll blow over but until then it'll be there. As I sad it's not coming from me and as I said I have no trust issues with them.

Do I need to write a disclaimer with every post I write. These are not my views! Do you understand English. Can you comprehend that sentence. Not my views.

Extremism is happening in our country RIGHT NOW which means that you are agreeing that it's a cause for concern RIGHT NOW

No one knows who the extremists are which means that anyone could be involved. So therefore people panic.

If you can't see the difference between what I'm saying and what you're saying then you should seek some form of extra education.

Smithy

Strata Poster
mcgoughchris said:

So don't present your opinion on what "everybody is thinking" as if it's a fact.

2.8 million muslims in the UK, 6 directly involved in terrorist attacks in the UK. 0.0002%.

Do I need to write a disclaimer with every post I write. These are not my views! Do you understand English. Can you comprehend that sentence. Not my views.

What on Earth are you on about? If they're not your views then what have you been arguing for the past two hours?

Oh, just for you (it took me two minutes waiting for Seahawks game to start);

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/08/ ... -isis.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06 ... 38169.html
http://news.sky.com/story/1298792/briti ... -evil-isis

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
Smithy said:
mcgoughchris said:

So don't present your opinion on what "everybody is thinking" as if it's a fact.

2.8 million muslims in the UK, 6 directly involved in terrorist attacks in the UK. 0.0002%.

What on Earth are you on about? If they're not your views then what have you been arguing for the past two hours?

Oh, just for you (it took me two minutes waiting for Seahawks game to start);

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/08/ ... -isis.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06 ... 38169.html
http://news.sky.com/story/1298792/briti ... -evil-isis

I was arguing the fact that you tried to brand me as an ignorant person.

Obviously I was using everybody as a loose term. Kind if like 'well have you heard about this new call of duty game that EVERYBODY has been raving about'. If you took it as literally as the entire population of North East England looking for Muslim bloodshed, then again no hope for your intelligence.

We are effectively agreeing on the point I made originally and yet you've argued all night with me.

The percentages don't matter. Its kind of like me giving you a packet of M and M but saying I'd injected one of them with the aids virus. Would you risk eating any of those M and M if there was even a 1 percent chance you'd catch aids? Obviously trying to put this into super child friendly terms now as you don't understand basic probability. People don't want the risk.

And as an effect of the constant negative publicity the issues are getting it's causing people to form negative opinions in my personal experience. Let's say they release teenage mutant ninja turtles number 152 and it's getting shocking reviews, truly awful, I'm talking like Donatello sticking his staff up splinters ass and then shooting off a joke about how he 'hopes he didn't get splinters'. That would obviously detract from the average person opinion. People are like sheep when there's any sort of panic! I mean an inch of snow and they can't even get to work

Status
Not open for further replies.