What's new

American Riots

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
nealbie said:
I hope that's a joke (and a really really bad one at that). My fiancé is a Muslim!

My partner is also mixed race! Unfortunately though a small percentage of Muslims have destroyed the reputation of Muslims in this country.

Recent events have also not helped in the slightest!

I, like you, have absolutely no issues with Asian people. Have lots of Asian friends coming from a sales background that employed a lot but I have witnessed them getting verbally abused in public places and nothing been done about it.

Also with Muslims and recent events it's getting harder and harder to differentiate between the normal ones and the radicals. I have no issues with people having different beliefs and religion as long as they mind their own business. When they use that religion/belief as an excuse to start negatively affecting other people's lives is when the line gets crossed.

I genuinely believe that the government does so much more to accommodate minorities and different cultures than it does to help it's own British citizens and that is what I believe is completely wrong.

I also hate these ridiculous charities set up to help Africa and ebola etc. Call my views harsh but there is no chance of a proper economy being set up in these poverty stricken countries. There's a huge gulf between the rich and poor and the rich are not willing to help their own people, yet the poor still have countless numbers of children that are born into poverty and live in misery until they die or a horrendous disease! And we help these people year on year to achieve absolutely nothing. Terrible propaganda playing on human emotion! I can't even watch children in need anymore! It's sick

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
nealbie said:
You're not helping yourself.

My views might not be for everyone but that's exactly how it is.

I'm not racist. I have friends of all ethnicities and Asian family on my girlfriends side.

I'm saying that is the public opinion. The average person thinks that way.

I'm sorry mate. That is how it is

Edit to neil: I'm so sorry if I offended you as it was never my intention. I'm a good guy and I'm sure you are to.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Oh my.

mcgoughchris said:
My partner is also mixed race! Unfortunately though a small percentage of Muslims have destroyed the reputation of Muslims in this country.

Only with small-minded people who cast massive stereotypes would allow the actions of a few to shape their views of the many. Also not sure how you casting aspersions on all Muslims is somehow justifiable because your partner is mixed race?

Also with Muslims and recent events it's getting harder and harder to differentiate between the normal ones and the radicals. I have no issues with people having different beliefs and religion as long as they mind their own business. When they use that religion/belief as an excuse to start negatively affecting other people's lives is when the line gets crossed.

Well it's not, the ones who're cutting peoples heads off tend to be the radicals. Extremism within all religions is a tiny % of the population.

I genuinely believe that the government does so much more to accommodate minorities and different cultures than it does to help it's own British citizens and that is what I believe is completely wrong.

Care to cite any examples for that (reliable, not from The Sun or the Daily Mail) given it's just a soundbite that regularly gets thrown out without any sort of backing of substance to it.

mcgoughchris said:
I'm not racist. I have friends of all ethnicities and Asian family on my girlfriends side.

"I'm not racist, I have black friends".

No, they don't. Thankfully. A sickening number of people increasingly do, but they're not in the majority thankfully and hopefully they never will be.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
Smithy said:
Oh my.

mcgoughchris said:

Only with small-minded people who cast massive stereotypes would allow the actions of a few to shape their views of the many. Also not sure how you casting aspersions on all Muslims is somehow justifiable because your partner is mixed race?

Well it's not, the ones who're cutting peoples heads off tend to be the radicals. Extremism within all religions is a tiny % of the population.

Care to cite any examples for that (reliable, not from The Sun or the Daily Mail) given it's just a soundbite that regularly gets thrown out without any sort of backing of substance to it.

mcgoughchris said:

"I'm not racist, I have black friends".

No, they don't. Thankfully. A sickening number of people increasingly do, but they're not in the majority thankfully and hopefully they never will be.

You are giving off views of what people say to sound like they're in the right.

Trust me Smithy I'm a regular guy that doesn't spout off hatred about anybody. You can't deny that their are genuine issues that are going to get worse. If you deny this then you're blind to your surroundings.

I won't be branded insensitive or racist because I'm realistic. The world is an unforgiving place filled with people that aren't as educated or have morals like you and I...

I could easily shoot down your points like you did mine!

The main one though is the differentiating between the two. Yes obviously I understand the radicals but how do you know who is supporting who. If we knew then why did 9/11, London bombings etc happen. More and more UK based Muslims are getting sucked in to these horrendous acts. If you think that it'll just get better without it getting much worse then you're wrong!

Religion is the bane of this world. It is the main cause for people being slaughtered and weak minded people following it like sheep to their demise. When people are happily willing to give their lives to take other people's then you have to stand and take note

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
This discussion is turning heavy now like.

If a moderator is around then I vote that my posts be removed please. My views are my own and obviously people aren't going to agree. I'm sorry if they're offensive, I'm a good guy with no intention to abuse anyone

Smithy

Strata Poster
mcgoughchris said:

No, I'm challenging you on your views as I think they're ignorant and should have no place in modern society.

Trust me Smithy I'm a regular guy that doesn't spout off hatred about anybody. You can't deny that their are genuine issues that are going to get worse. If you deny this then you're blind to your surroundings.

What genuine issues are these, and how can you be certain they'll get worse? And further, how are they relevant to you not being able to differentiate between the vast majority of muslims who live in this counry peacefully and the absolutely tiny minority who hold extremist views.

I won't be branded insensitive or racist because I'm realistic. The world is an unforgiving place filled with people that aren't as educated or have morals like you and I...

Blah blah blah it's always the same arguments without any substance from people with such ignorant views, "I'm just a normal guy", "I'm just saying what others think", "I'm being realistic" etc...

Actually do it then.

The main one though is the differentiating between the two. Yes obviously I understand the radicals but how do you know who is supporting who. If we knew then why did 9/11, London bombings etc happen. More and more UK based Muslims are getting sucked in to these horrendous acts. If you think that it'll just get better without it getting much worse then you're wrong!

2.8 million Muslims in the UK. 4 Muslims carried out 7/7. 2 Muslims carried out the attack on Lee Rigby. What's hard to differentiate? Nobody is denying that there's an issue with radicalisation, but those on the right and seemingly you above are massively overplaying it to the extent you're passing off nearly 5% of the population as terrorists.

There's no need for your posts to be removed or the like, I just want you to justify them.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't have an issue with the discussion and what's being said, other than it's dragged away from the original topic. So if people can just get back on track please?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
Smithy said:
mcgoughchris said:

No, I'm challenging you on your views as I think they're ignorant and should have no place in modern society.

What genuine issues are these, and how can you be certain they'll get worse? And further, how are they relevant to you not being able to differentiate between the vast majority of muslims who live in this counry peacefully and the absolutely tiny minority who hold extremist views.

Blah blah blah it's always the same arguments without any substance from people with such ignorant views, "I'm just a normal guy", "I'm just saying what others think", "I'm being realistic" etc...

Actually do it then.

2.8 million Muslims in the UK. 4 Muslims carried out 7/7. 2 Muslims carried out the attack on Lee Rigby. What's hard to differentiate? Nobody is denying that there's an issue with radicalisation, but those on the right and seemingly you above are massively overplaying it to the extent you're passing off nearly 5% of the population as terrorists.

There's no need for your posts to be removed or the like, I just want you to justify them.

The only justification I need is that I don't know percentages and neither do you. No one is going to admit their views if they're going to get into trouble for them.

You don't know what people are thinking. As long as there's a shred of doubt then people will hold these views. It only takes one thing for something to happen to someone you love for your views to change completely.

It also only takes a couple of Muslims to infiltrate a society and change views of others.

I'll pose this question to any parent on here. Furie would you trade the life of your son for any amount of people in the world. I doubt it! Which is why alot of people I speak to hold these views but can't speak out about them because there is no freedom of speech when it comes to negative views on minorities and religion.

As soon as you do you're branded a small minded hater like you're doing to me. Am I a hater because I don't trust people that are slaughtering people around the world for no reason other than down right evilness? And I'm the small minded man. Yeah right!

Like I said. My partner is a hussain, a British Muslim. So before you brand me as an uneducated hater get your facts right. I don't hate Muslims or blacks or anybody but I am wary of how they cause a negative atmosphere IN SOME cases.

Now I'm not saying my partner or Neils partner are gonna run off to Syria and gun down civilians

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Chris, I admire how you have maturely expressed your views although some may find them controversial. I support freedom of speech and you are correct when you say that thee is a lack of it when it comes to talking about minorities. It seems like even sensibly addressing concerns like you have is taboo these days.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
cjbrandy said:
Chris, I admire how you have maturely expressed your views although some may find them controversial. I support freedom of speech and you are correct when you say that thee is a lack of it when it comes to talking about minorities. It seems like even sensibly addressing concerns like you have is taboo these days.

Thank you!!

I don't know how many times I have to say I'm not a racist and have never abused anyone in my life.

Yet you guys are talking as if I'm Bruce Willis from die hard 3

Smithy

Strata Poster
IDK Furie, I reckon Chris' opinions perfectly highlight some of what Snoo has said and why there's such a problem not just in America but over here as well; replace Muslim with Black and the arguments are almost identical; a stereotype speaking for the many based off of the actions of a few.

The only justification I need is that I don't know percentages and neither do you. No one is going to admit their views if they're going to get into trouble for them.

Don't you think it's a bit naive to be judging 2.8 million followers of a religion in this country based off of the actions of 6 people? Of course there's many more people who probably sympathise with those 6, but I'd still be comfortable in saying it's still a miniscule amount, and it's dangerous to just assume otherwise to then justify a stereotype.

You don't know what people are thinking. As long as there's a shred of doubt then people will hold these views. It only takes one thing for something to happen to someone you love for your views to change completely.

And neither do you. So how can you judge them on what you don't know they're thinking?

I'll pose this question to any parent on here. Furie would you trade the life of your son for any amount of people in the world. I doubt it! Which is why alot of people I speak to hold these views but can't speak out about them because there is no freedom of speech when it comes to negative views on minorities and religion.

Again, you're just spouting out BNP/EDL soundbites without any substance to them. "I'm the common man", "I'm just saying what others are", "Freedom of speech", nobody and especially not me is saying you're not allowed to say what you're saying, what I'm doing is asking you to show why because, as is often the case when these comments are brought up, they're done so without substance and without support.

As soon as you do you're branded a small minded hater like you're doing to me. Am I a hater because I don't trust people that are slaughtering people around the world for no reason other than down right evilness? And I'm the small minded man. Yeah right!

You're small-minded for judging an entire religion on the actions of a few.

Would you look at the rioting and looting in Ferguson and say that all blacks are thieves? Of course you wouldn't, so why do you deem it acceptable for muslims? It's not about hatred, it's not about exaggerated hyperbole, it's about a horrible stereotype of a religion and it's followers.

I was completely ignorant to Islam until I went to university, ended up with a group of friends most of whom were devout in their faith; I witnessed their praying routines, I witnessed the sacrifices they make in their daily life to follow their religion, and I witnessed the hatred they faced from ignorant people naively assuming they were going to blow up a train. So forgive me if I'm going on a bit, forgive me if we're off topic, but if I can do so much as to change even one persons opinion and stop them from judging muslims as a whole as being a danger to society, then maybe I can stop some of my friends from having to worry about being attacked and abused in the streets just because he follows a different religion.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
Smithy said:
IDK Furie, I reckon Chris' opinions perfectly highlight some of what Snoo has said and why there's such a problem not just in America but over here as well; replace Muslim with Black and the arguments are almost identical; a stereotype speaking for the many based off of the actions of a few.

Don't you think it's a bit naive to be judging 2.8 million followers of a religion in this country based off of the actions of 6 people? Of course there's many more people who probably sympathise with those 6, but I'd still be comfortable in saying it's still a miniscule amount, and it's dangerous to just assume otherwise to then justify a stereotype.

And neither do you. So how can you judge them on what you don't know they're thinking?

Again, you're just spouting out BNP/EDL soundbites without any substance to them. "I'm the common man", "I'm just saying what others are", "Freedom of speech", nobody and especially not me is saying you're not allowed to say what you're saying, what I'm doing is asking you to show why because, as is often the case when these comments are brought up, they're done so without substance and without support.

You're small-minded for judging an entire religion on the actions of a few.

Would you look at the rioting and looting in Ferguson and say that all blacks are thieves? Of course you wouldn't, so why do you deem it acceptable for muslims? It's not about hatred, it's not about exaggerated hyperbole, it's about a horrible stereotype of a religion and it's followers.

I was completely ignorant to Islam until I went to university, ended up with a group of friends most of whom were devout in their faith; I witnessed their praying routines, I witnessed the sacrifices they make in their daily life to follow their religion, and I witnessed the hatred they faced from ignorant people naively assuming they were going to blow up a train. So forgive me if I'm going on a bit, forgive me if we're off topic, but if I can do so much as to change even one persons opinion and stop them from judging muslims as a whole as being a danger to society, then maybe I can stop some of my friends from having to worry about being attacked and abused in the streets just because he follows a different religion.

The difference between snoo's argument and mine is that I'd never act on my concerns.

Do I start hate concerns or tell people to hate Muslims? No!

Do I go around everyday life treating Muslims different to white people? No

Am I wary about what's going on in the world and watching the UK and the USA getting threatened my Muslims month on month while having to watch people's family members get sacrificed like animals live on the Internet? Absolutely!

Now I'm not acting on that and saying let's round up every Asian in this country and segregate them or ship them off elsewhere I'm just saying me and alot of others are wary of religion can make people do.

I do not believe in any religion. That is a view of mine! It achieves nothing.

Now I'm sorry if you're being offended but there's a high percentage of people that think the same but like me will never ever act on it as we're all civilised and rational. Religion is a scary tool when in the hands of the wrong people. It's a tool that has been used for thousands of years to manipulate people.

As for Snoo, I'm 100 percent backing him in his argument and find the two situations not comparable in the slightest.

Anyway game over mate. Let's just call it squits. This argument will be going on long after our life time. There's no short term solution

Smithy

Strata Poster
mcgoughchris said:
Now I'm not acting on that and saying let's round up every Asian in this country and segregate them or ship them off elsewhere I'm just saying me and alot of others are wary of religion can make people do.

So if it's fine for you to hold these opinions because you won't act on them, why are you so worried about muslims who may side with these 6 terrorists (out of 2.8 million living here) given they also aren't currently acting on them?

If what you hold is "just thoughts", why does the same not apply for them?

Now I'm sorry if you're being offended but there's a high percentage of people that think the same but like me will never ever act on it as we're all civilised and rational.

More ridiculous hyperbole. You have zero proof that "a high percentage of people think the same", it just gets thrown out by people desperate to add substance to an argument they have no backing too. But even if we take your logic and assume it's true; isn't that exactly what you're complaining about with all these muslims apparently having extremist views? A high percentage of them think the same but will never act on it because they're civilised and rational?

If it's not a problem for you to hold such views because you'll never act on them, why is it a problem if muslims hold those views?

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
Smithy said:
mcgoughchris said:

So if it's fine for you to hold these opinions because you won't act on them, why are you so worried about muslims who may side with these 6 terrorists (out of 2.8 million living here) given they also aren't currently acting on them?

If what you hold is "just thoughts", why does the same not apply for them?

Now I'm sorry if you're being offended but there's a high percentage of people that think the same but like me will never ever act on it as we're all civilised and rational.

More ridiculous hyperbole. You have zero proof that "a high percentage of people think the same", it just gets thrown out by people desperate to add substance to an argument they have no backing too. But even if we take your logic and assume it's true; isn't that exactly what you're complaining about with all these muslims apparently having extremist views? A high percentage of them think the same but will never act on it because they're civilised and rational?

If it's not a problem for you to hold such views because you'll never act on them, why is it a problem if muslims hold those views?

It's a problem because last time I checked I lived in England...

I wouldn't have the same argument had I decided to live in the middle east

Beggars can't be choosers.

Which brings me back to my first argument of the fact we have a government that are quietly sitting back doing nothing while our own country us being terrorised.

But smithy you're just a guy looking for an argument for the sake of an argument

I guarantee if we were having this same convo and you were sitting on your laptop in the middle of Pakistan you'd be **** scared at the repercussions because they don't sit by and do nothing like us.

You don't see david Cameron sending YouTube links of him in a balaclava assassinating helpless people. Especially people trying to help them in the first place.

Why do more white people not live in the middle east? If everyone shares the same views and gets along just fine why don't you book your next holiday there.

Now I run a business that hires Asian people, I serve Asian people on a daily business and help them. I will say this again that I am not a racist. Do I think our country accommodates and panders to different ethnicities when it should be protecting it's own people. Yes I do!

I don't see Muslim people even trying to stop what's going on! If anything it's picking up momentum. You'd be a fool not to be concerned after the things we've seen over the past 2 decades

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Anyone who thinks there is no cause for concern in the UK is completely wrong. The terror threat level has been raised from "substantial" to "severe" meaning an attack by IS is very likely. Police officers have been advised not to travel to work in their uniform because of the threat.

Smithy

Strata Poster
mcgoughchris said:
It's a problem because last time I checked I lived in England...

And?

Digging yourself deeper and deeper here.

Which brings me back to my first argument of the fact we have a government that are quietly sitting back doing nothing while our own country us being terrorised.

Aye we're doing nothing, we're definitely not bombing ISIS in Iraq, definitely not assisting train the Afghan army, definitely don't have special advisors in Libya and most definitely not foiling potential terrorist plots in this very country.

But smithy you're just a guy looking for an argument for the sake of an argument

Not really, I can't stand ignorance and intolerance and the more you've gone on the more you've shown not just me but everyone on here your true colours.

I guarantee if we were having this same convo and you were sitting on your laptop in the middle of Pakistan you'd be **** scared at the repercussions because they don't sit by and do nothing like us.

What even is your point here?

Why do more white people not live in the middle east? If everyone shares the same views and gets along just fine why don't you book your next holiday there.

Or here?

Now I run a business that hires Asian people, I serve Asian people on a daily business and help them. I will say this again that I am not a racist. Do I think our country accommodates and panders to different ethnicities when it should be protecting it's own people. Yes I do!

THEN **** PROVE IT INSTEAD OF JUST REPEATING THE SAME GARBAGE ARGUMENT WITHOUT ANY SUBSTANCE.

I don't see Muslim people even trying to stop what's going on! If anything it's picking up momentum. You'd be a fool not to be concerned after the things we've seen over the past 2 decades

And what are you doing to stop it? You know, besides from judging an entire religions followers by the actions of an absolute minority. Enlisted in the army to help fight ISIS? Petitioned your local MP to ask for him to raise this issue in parliament? Gone down to your local mosque and asked them why they're not doing more?

@cjbrandy nobody has said there's no cause for concern.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
ISIS is the biggest threat this country has seen in a long time. It has no motives at all other than to cause suffering.

The worst thing about ISIS is that the ring leaders are all British! The guys with the resources and the knowledge were educated here in the UK. If that's not a sure sign that things are not tight enough security wise then I don't know what is.

You're the type of guy that needs a machete pushed against his throat before he can see the evil in people. Like these other psychopaths that are determined to get themselves killed trying to offer aid to countries that would never do the same for us

And your post pretty much sums this country up. 'Helping to train afghan soldiers to fight a war against ISIS'... lol training the very people that we were having a war with not even 5 years ago. Mate you need lessons in the really world. You're so gullible you'll get taken for a mug your entire life.

As far as I'm concerned this conversation is finished. You brand me a racist for having concerns even though I probably do more to HELP the ASIAN community than you.

You throw all these pointless statistics at people when danger and facts are staring you directly in the face.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
Moderator lock this thread.

It's getting to be offensive to all concerned. I do not appreciate being called a racist or branded as a hater for having reservations about potentiometer danger in the future.

Smithy is a guy looking to be argumentative and take the righteous path even though many people looking on know that he's wrong.

If we did an anonymous poll then I guarantee more of the general public would be in favour of my argument

Smithy

Strata Poster
mcgoughchris said:
ISIS is the biggest threat this country has seen in a long time. It has no motives at all other than to cause suffering.

The worst thing about ISIS is that the ring leaders are all British! The guys with the resources and the knowledge were educated here in the UK. If that's not a sure sign that things are not tight enough security wise then I don't know what is.

Such a big threat that you don't even know about them?

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/18/world ... hierarchy/

None of those are British, by several accounts that I've read the British members are nothing more than footsoldiers rolled out for propaganda and the actual leaders are Iraqis, Syrians and Chechens.

You're the type of guy that needs a machete pushed against his throat before he can see the evil in people.

Don't you dare try and patronise me because I refuse to accept your intolerance of others, I'm well aware of the evil that exists, the difference between you and I is that I don't react with outright ignorance against an entire religion when I'm angered because I'm not a bigot.

And your post pretty much sums this country up. 'Helping to train afghan soldiers to fight a war against ISIS'... lol training the very people that we were having a war with not even 5 years ago.

You're actually a fool. We weren't fighting the Afghan army we were fighting the Taliban. Two seperate entities. It's no surprise that somebody with as ignorant and intolerant views as yourself has such a narrow understanding of what he speaks about.

Mate you need lessons in the really world.

Another EDL soundbite. Those who disagree and demand facts and evidence are clearly just living in cloud cuckoo land.

You're so gullible you'll get taken for a mug your entire life.

Yeah see the thing here is most people on this website are educated and intelligent people, who'll rightly shun you as the intolerant bigot you've put yourself across as. So the only person who'll look like a mug here is, fortunately, you.

You brand me a racist for having concerns even though I probably do more to HELP the ASIAN community than you.

Where have I branded you a racist?

Bigot, yes.

Intolerant and ignorant, yes.

Naive and foolish, yes.

I've not once mentioned race though, in fact the one time I've mentioned race I've clearly stated you wouldn't judge an entire race based on the actions of a few. But you will judge an entire religion based on the actions of a few. As you have done.

You throw all these pointless statistics at people when danger and facts are staring you directly in the face.

I've had stronger arguments presented by me in 140 characters on Twitter by EDL cretins; your ignorant bile may wash with people who don't mind hyperbole and soundbites, but for those of us who actually like a bit of substance, it doesn't hold up. Let me guess, statistics are pointless and I don't live in the real world and the danger is everywhere blah blah blah I've heard it all before, the BNP were saying it and they've drifted into obscurity, the EDL were saying it and they've now faded into obscurity, next it'll be UKIP. Pointless hyperbole only strings people along for so long.

If these facts are staring me directly in the face, where are they then? You've shown nothing.

Moderator lock this thread.

Awww, I'm having fun showing everybody just what a horrible bigot you are.

It's getting to be offensive to all concerned. I do not appreciate being called a racist or branded as a hater for having reservations about potentiometer danger in the future.

It wasn't offensive until you shirked showing any sort of evidence to support your claims and took personal shots at me. You've not once been called a racist.

Smithy is a guy looking to be argumentative and take the righteous path even though many people looking on know that he's wrong.

Diverting attention away from your inability to support your claims past them being nothing more than ignorant stereotypes. If people looking on know that I'm wrong, I'll gladly sit here and wait for them to show me. Maybe they'll be able to do so without resorting to being offensive :wink:

If we did an anonymous poll then I guarantee more of the general public would be in favour of my argument

Yet another impossible to quantify piece of hyperbole that does nothing to support your views.

Status
Not open for further replies.