American Riots

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
tomahawk said:
mcgoughchris said:
Snoo said:
Here is the problem, so many of the people in the white majority think race isn't an issue, that they fail to see it when it actually is. And when so many people believe so many situations are NOT race issues, and they get called on it by minorities, they start to feel the 'card' gets pulled.

Taking a walk on the other side of the conversation might shed light on how people really feel in this country. I'm lucky enough to have avoided many situations where this is much more frequent and, as I've mentioned before, it is still prevalent within my life.

Snoo, not being funny mate but seems like you've got a real chip on your shoulder when it comes to white people!

You should probably be voicing your opinion in other places than on a forum full of roller coasters. This topic is ridiculous now.

He has the right to voice whatever opinion he wants, and pretty sure he doesn't hate white people.

I'm not saying he does.

I'm saying that he has done serious insecurity Issues to overcome.

Obviously I've followed this topic and it's just going round in circles.

Things are changing slowly and have been now for decades. Think yourself lucky you don't live 50/60 years ago. Will people of this generation ever crack the problem. Definitely not!

Publicity like these stories isn't helping.

Do some black people bring trouble upon themselves? Yes

Do innocent black people then get stereotyped and feel the brunt of it? Absolutely yes!

Unfortunately your average people are small minded and do only care about themselves. Best thing to do is to stay out of trouble and try and bring up the next generation to treat everyone as equals

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Snoo said:
And I have a problem with white people? LOL! I'll tell my kids, my mom, half of my family, and most of my friends I hate them

Then why did you lock me in the closet and only let me out when you need to release some hate? Not that I'm complaining, but making me sing "Roll Jordon Roll" for six months after seeing 12 Years a Slave is a bit harsh. Sex slave life <3

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Snoo said:
mcgoughchris said:
I'm not saying he does.

I'm saying that he has done serious insecurity Issues to overcome.

Obviously I've followed this topic and it's just going round in circles.

Things are changing slowly and have been now for decades. Think yourself lucky you don't live 50/60 years ago. Will people of this generation ever crack the problem. Definitely not!

Publicity like these stories isn't helping.

Do some black people bring trouble upon themselves? Yes

Do innocent black people then get stereotyped and feel the brunt of it? Absolutely yes!

Unfortunately your average people are small minded and do only care about themselves. Best thing to do is to stay out of trouble and try and bring up the next generation to treat everyone as equals

I have insecurity.. how? Because I voice the opinion of the minority based on my own experiences? And compared to some, my experiences aren't even experiences to begin with.

And I am lucky that I live now, but **** you if you think that I'll let **** stand JUST because they aren't as bad now as they were for my parents.

Throughout this entire thread, you have exhibited stupid comment after stupid comment towards people with differing opinions. You have been the epitome of the type of people this world could well be rid of. Do us all a favor and spread your filth on another forum.

And I have a problem with white people? LOL! I'll tell my kids, my mom, half of my family, and most of my friends I hate them.

rtotheizzo17 said:
No doubt there are people with their heads in the sand. No doubt there are varying levels of racism that are still found all over the world, by people with all levels of influence. But just like it is not healthy (or realistic) for me, a middle income white guy, to go around thinking ever black person I pass is a welfare queen or a gang banger, it is not healthy for a middle income black male to think every white person in authority is a racist here to oppress.

I don't think the current eruption of violent protests and victim-ism (again, the events that led to Michael Brown's death do not make him a saint) does anything to further progress and understanding of cultures. If anything when conflict and tensions are high it divides people even further.

There are many more people with their heads in the sand then you may think. And I would agree, it is not healthy for ANY people to do such things.

Am I for any violence? No. I'm against violence in any way, as I feel that glazes over the real message many are trying to convey. And the problem with all of these situations, as you just (kind of) exhibited, you look directly at the person and the violence and not the deep down message. **** Michael Brown tbh. If those facts presented are what happened, he deserved to be shot, but to forget that the true feelings of that community and the black community as a whole is that people in power oppress those without is saddening.

The Eric Garner case, on the other hand, should be and hopefully will be the things that people notice more. While he was breaking the law (selling illegal cigarettes), that offense does not warrant what was done to him. And the fact that we have film of the incident and no charges were pressed? That alone speaks volumes of exactly the type of world which the black community wants to make sure everyone knows about.

Yeah, I think we are on the same sides of the fence, I just might be a little closer than you. I stated in this thread the Garner case should be the one to get up in arms about. Not only for the black community, but people in general. That's where I get a little confused by the whole "black lives matter" argument. Every life matters. We should be up in arms any time a cop abuses his power. There are plenty of white people who are railroaded for dui, or domestic abuse, or w/e other low level felony. Absolutely it disproportionately happens to poor inner city civilians (the majority of which are black or Spanish), but that is a question of socioeconomic oppression more so than racial oppression.

The reason why someone like me fixates on the character of the "victim" is that absolutely should matter. IMO the reason why Michael Brown is dead was not because of the color of his skin, but the actions he took. If he was a 6'4 white guy, he still would have been shot for punching a cop and trying to take his weapon.

IE look at how much money cities spend to deter homeless people from sleeping in parks and on benches when they could build facilities to shelter these people.

EDIT:

I got disorganized there but deal with it I am not re-ordering my paragraphs.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Don't leave now Chris, not everyone on here dislikes you! The fact that you were runner up in the "CFer you would like to meet the most" award proves that.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This thread is done. Absolutely done.

I have deleted the last few posts as they are completely below the standards of what is expected of members. Very disappointing to see individuals slip to such low levels of name calling and vulgarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.