What's new

Alton Towers/Ropers noise complaint rolls on

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
"In July last year, the couple were refused a protective costs order – which would effectively limit their potential liability to pay Tussaud's legal costs if they lose."

I like this bit. Lets let this happen please <3

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Part of my sick mind almost hopes they win, Alton dies and the local economy collapses...

And then, Mr and Mrs T
Roper wake up from a nightmare and stfu forever after.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Smithy

Strata Poster
To be fair I'd love for Alton to just shut up shop one day (middle of the summer), citing noise complaints from a local resident, with directions as to how to get to their house.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Agreed.

Also, they should make a new walk-through attraction which allows guests to get 'up close and personal' with the house. Maybe even give each visitor an egg or two?

Not encouraging anti-social behaviour... obviously -_-

Smithy

Strata Poster
I am. **** them, they have 3 mortgage free houses, and cause just as much of a nuisance to others through their factory as Alton does to them.

Lofty

CF Legend
They're actually both hideous. She actually looks EVIL. Kinda like Mary Shaw. Anyway. Yeah, they won't win. I think that's simple to say. Well, we can hope anyway.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ But like said a couple of pages back, their (Ropers) legal team wouldn't have advised them to take this to the High Court if they didn't have a substantial chance of winning, mainly due to the repercussions they would suffer if they lost.

Ethan

Strata Poster
But what I don't get is... surely if Alton brings up the whole 'factory' thing, the Roper's case would be deemed pointless?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
My first thought, is ****, this ain't good.

The Ropers legal team wouldn't advise taking this to the high court unless they had a substantial chance of winning...

Sure they might. They get paid, win or lose. If it goes to trial, the fees just keep going up.

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned, but Mr. Roper looks like a weenie and she looks like evil-b!tch incarnate.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I know nothing about legal matters, but I'm sure there is some kind of law which basically states that if you keep going to court and loosing over the same matter, you can then be done for undue harassment? Or is the point that they haven't lost, they've just not got everything they wanted? Alton have agreed to try and reduce noise each time?

They must be rolling in it and really, really bored? I mean, seriously, I know it's their home there, but if it makes them that miserable, why not just move? They have the whole **** world to choose from. I just wish, I really, really wish I could even have a glimpse into their world.

Pretty sure that one of the B&B's I stayed in once was next to their factory, and the noise kept me up all night. Just a constant humm.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^In the US this wouldn't even get this far. The factory bit is key. I know nothing of legal system and laws (outside the obvious ones) outside the US but I thought I should throw it out there.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, cause if there's a country that's famous for not having a ridiculous sue culture, it's America.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
He's right though. It wouldn't have got this far. Alton would have lost years ago. But instead of demolishing or moving rides, they'd just have to give the Ropers billions of pounds. :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The factory "thing" is irrelevant.

What's the factory got to do with the noise from Alton?

Nothing.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^No, not in the slightest.

It's like saying that I couldn't file an assault charge against someone if I'd previously been done for assault.

marc

CF Legend
I am starting to wonder who is bank rolling them to keep up this action.

Most people would have given up years ago and got on with their lives. Let alone have that much disposable money to keep paying to go to court and get a good legal team.

If they lose this time it could finish them, it would be cheaper just to move.