What's new

Alton Towers/Ropers noise complaint rolls on

None are quiet, people should accept that a several ton coaster train riding on steel at speeds in excess of 50 mph is going to make some noise, live with it, move away or use it for its purpose, ride the thing!!

Lofty

CF Legend
blivvies biggest fan said:
So, the B&B is the nearest thing?
Yeah, the Chained Oak B&B is the nearest "thing" to Oblivion. Thing is, when it comes to that place, they'd never complain about the park being there, if the park wasn't there, the B&B would more than likely be out of Business, apart from the odd Pagan who wants to see the Chained Oak itself. The Ropers house is possibly the next closest in terms of solid building to it.

blivvies biggest fan said:
None are quiet, people should accept that a several ton coaster train riding on steel at speeds in excess of 50 mph is going to make some noise, live with it, move away or use it for its purpose, ride the thing!!
As I said in my post above, they've got a vendetta, it's that simple, these are the kind of deluded idiot who thinks they can change a massive park like this from the voices of them. They're nothing more then a little annoying Jack Russel yapping at Merlin. They won't get anywhere in terms of shutting anything down.

owenrita121 said:
Rita is loud. You can hear it for Towers Street.
To be honest, I've never heard Rita from Towers Street. I'm not saying you're wrong, but EVERY single visit I've been to Alton, I've NEVER heard it...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I heard it when I was waiting for the park to open. I could only hear the launch though but I think it was it's catwalks they are the loudest catwalks I have ever herd.

Lofty

CF Legend
owenrita121 said:
I heard it when I was waiting for the park to open. I could only hear the launch though but I think it was it's catwalks they are the loudest catwalks I have ever herd.

Have you heard PMBO's? It sounds like Air Brakes. They ARE loud. also, what in the ****'s "herd".

Ben

CF Legend
-lofty- said:
what in the ****'s "herd".

Various bovine creatures.

1053671.large.jpg

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
-lofty- said:
owenrita121 said:

Have you heard PMBO's? It sounds like Air Brakes. They ARE loud. also, what in the ****'s "herd".
Herd means something that you have listened too.

Now everyone agrees SheiKra is loud (I'm a little obsessed with SheiKra) and I'll bet if you put them two in the closest house to SheiKra for a month then in their house, they may just stop... Or try and shut down BGTB...

Lofty

CF Legend
owenrita121 said:
-lofty- said:
owenrita121 said:

Herd means something that you have listened too.

Oh, sorry, I thought that was "Heard". ;)

That's a good point, never thought of airports, they're much louder and go on through the night, unlike the towers which is only seasonal and til 5/6/7 on normal days

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
You can hear some noise from the park at the northern end of Farley Lane (near the utility entrance), but It's not enough to warrant this continuous abuse and court action :?

Smithy

Strata Poster
If I cared what you thought I'd ask.

The Ropers house must be absolutely gorgeous, because they give the impression it must be an absolute hell to live next to Alton, but they refuse to move

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Smithy said:

The Ropers house must be absolutely gorgeous, because they give the impression it must be an absolute hell to live next to Alton, but they refuse to move

These people don't actually live in this house all year round, or so I've read somewhere else. It's obvious that they seem to have some personal vendetta against AT.

T0M

Hyper Poster
Roper's vote at last general election odds:

Conservative - 1.10
Labour - 11.00
Liberal Democrat - 1,000.00

Smithy

Strata Poster
FaceYourNemesis said:
Smithy said:

These people don't actually live in this house all year round, or so I've read somewhere else. It's obvious that they seem to have some personal vendetta against AT.

Wasn't aimed at you mate.

Rankle07

Roller Poster
It is a shame that AT is located were it is. I personally would be annoyed if i had to commute to work from alton each day just as AT is opening. But other than that i cant really see there being that much of an issue. You can't tell your near AT untill you hit the gate.

I agree at what marc said about that noise can travel long ways. But i dont think a few small villages will be able to shut down the ( correct me if wrong) most popular theme park in the uk.

Maybe Merlin could buy out the local villages and use there houses as an expansion to there AT hotel lol.