What's new

Alton Towers | Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure | kiddie

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Re: Alton Towers | unknown | unknown kiddie coaster

Has an El Loco seriously just been mentioned as a possible option for a park like Alton? Seriously...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

If this was anything other than a replacement kiddy coaster for the Beastie site, Alton would have been marketing the s**t out of it for months already.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

e05e85d523b311f9087fc612ec4e7992.jpg

It's hard to see, but it would appear that the lift hill and brake run is complete and supports have been added for the first half of the layout.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

**** me that went up quick...or did it? I suppose it is a kiddy cred but even so, that is quite quick going...especially with that weather :p

elephant58

Hyper Poster

RCDB now has this coaster listed as 'Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure'.

Martyn B

CF Legend

So Sonic's going to stick out even more now they're making that an extension to cbeebies land.

Alex23

Roller Poster

Yep it is Octonauts, it's also a Zamperla.

b6f73852161e716416cdfe8101d1a75e.jpg

Sonic wont be around much longer according to the LTDP so there is every chance Cbeebies could extend into there as well.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^How do you know it will be a Zamperla?

As for Sonic, I can see that being relocated to Katanga Canyon, which seems to be quite a family-focused area.....or, maybe Forbidden Valley, with Ripsaw and Blade being removed/relocated?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

^That wouldn't make any sence, it hardly sticks out anymore, it's been at the park since 2002. It's fine where it is, people would be confused if they moved it and it wouldn't really benifit the park in anyway.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

2004, actually. :wink:

What I'm saying is that they've now got a park area composed of one ride and its footprint, RIGHT next door CBeebies Land. It would probably confuse guests more if it stayed where it is, with it being practically surrounded by CBeebies stuff.....

Alex23

Roller Poster

Well the development plan said that nothing will be over 25ft in that area so sonic will have to be moved or removed.

I know its a Zamperla I know people who are in the know, Ive been saying it since September as have they. I have no reason to not believe it, they have been right on other rides and developments.

Dar

Hyper Poster

I'm sure I heard somewhere, probably on here, that they might use it as leverage in a future planning application like they did with the black hole tent. Sort of a "let us put this launched RMC over here and we'll get rid of this ride here".

Either that or it's a height marker for future rides, so they can't build higher than existing structures meaning they'll build something and then get rid of it.

It's been earmarked for removal/relocation in the MTDP, but so was a second entrance so who knows!

Is the grass bit opposite Sonic off-limits for development or could they expand Cbeebies over there after getting rid of Sonic?

jj23w

Hyper Poster

Pingu's Frozen Adventure sounds better. Mods can you change the name please. I can't believe that the first part is already up.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Dar said:
I'm sure I heard somewhere, probably on here, that they might use it as leverage in a future planning application like they did with the black hole tent. Sort of a "let us put this launched RMC over here and we'll get rid of this ride here".

Either that or it's a height marker for future rides, so they can't build higher than existing structures meaning they'll build something and then get rid of it.

It's been earmarked for removal/relocation in the MTDP, but so was a second entrance so who knows!

Is the grass bit opposite Sonic off-limits for development or could they expand Cbeebies over there after getting rid of Sonic?
That is off limits, would they block the most iconic UK theme park view?

Martyn B

CF Legend

Owen, why would guests get confused if Sonic was moved, and most likely rethemed, and branded as new?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Towers defo want to at least move Spinball (if not remove completely)...

Currently it stands between nothing, and further expansion of CBeebies Land, which will presumably be required, especially given the location of the new coaster and the absolute cluster of people under Treetops archway will create when it does open...

Doubt people will actually care if they did remove Spinball, popularity doesn't mean always having a long queue, especially when the throughput is awful and it's the first visible attraction in the park...

andrus

Giga Poster

^Ok, so I'm not the average guest. BUT I really enjoyed Spinball! :) Alton has a great ride line up, and while I consider Oblivion the best I find it hard to pick a second among Rita, AIR, Spinball and Nemesis (haven't been on 13 or Smiler). Obviously Spinball is more of a family ride, but a very solid one in my opinion. That is in terms of ride experience, because it seriously needs som form of theming/landscaping! Perhaps a move to a different location (with a re-theme) within the park would be a good solution?

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

Yeah it is rather plonked, almost like an after thought, but do they really want to see it go? I reckon so. If I remember correctly, about 3(?) years ago, Alton Towers made a public voting thing for you to vote for you favourite of the 'five major coasters', Nemesis, Air, Oblivion, Thirteen and Rita. You can obviously understand why they didn't bother with RMT, who would vote for that really? But why not include Sonic Spinball? Ok, it isn't great, it looks out of place, no theming etc. etc, but the general public aren't really gonna notice that. I first went to Alton Towers in 2011 and I certainly didn't notice how out of place it seemed.

Now Spinball is more of a family coaster than the likes of Air, Oblivion, Rita and Nemesis, but I'd say, whilst I enjoy Thirteen a lot more, Sonic Spinball looks more daunting to families than thirteen.

Anyway, through all this gumpf, what I'm trying to say is, if Alton Towers loved and wanted Spinball to stay etc. they would show it more attention.

Martyn B

CF Legend

They could probably only get away with relocating it to Mutiny Bay (if there's room), or maybe the Gloomy Wood? Either thay or get rid IMO.

The park has enough coasters, they need to start adding diversity to the likes of Xsector, Dark Forest and Forbidden Valley, im the form of family/kids rides.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Scrap Spinball, it's ****!

Great to now have an opening date for the new coaster!