What's new

Alton Towers | Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure | kiddie

llamafarmer

Roller Poster
Re: Alton Towers | unknown | unknown kiddie coaster

Jamesss said:
Will be interesting to see how it's themed as the layout doesn't really do much, even for a kids coaster.

Well it is literally an apple-coaster layout with more banking (possibly slightly larger) with even smaller cars?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

It's a sad state of affairs for the UK thrill seeker when the most talked about new attraction is this.

But still, I'll be there on opening day queuing up with loads of other goons for an hour or so to ride it.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Ian said:
It's a sad state of affairs for the UK thrill seeker when the most talked about new attraction is this.

But still, I'll be there on opening day queuing up with loads of other goons for an hour or so to ride it.

Which you secretly LOVE when you can see them all whispering to each other going 'That's Ian from Coasterforce!' ;D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

People never recognise me...it's the people I hang about with who do stand out. Especially those with orange hair, spiky shoes and plastic skirts. But enough about caffeine_demon.

This is nothing more than a plus one. I find it incredible that it's had 15 pages of discussion!

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yeah it's quite a strange year for us Brits. It's a year for the small parks really, with many of them adding new stuff (GYPB, Pleasurewood, Pleasure Island, Lightwater, Crealy, Paultons, Adventure Island. To name but a few!).

elephant58

Hyper Poster

The only 'major' ride we're getting really in the UK this year, is the Sky Fly at PBB.....

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^Well, at least you've got some major coasters since 2006...

jj23w

Hyper Poster

^The last rollercoaster to open in Norway was, Speed Monster at Tusenfryd in 2006.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^Imagine the joy you'd feel if your country got the first big coaster in eight years and that was the one...

Oh well, I guess it's a lot worse in India.

nadroJ

CF Legend

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHEoMSutSAI[/youtube]
It's testing.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^Yeah, I posted a testing video on the last page. :wink: Shame it's running slow.....

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I do think this rounds off the coaster selection perfectly. I can't think of a group that hasn't been catered by this park.

-This one is truly for the smallest of kids.

-Then they have the Runaway Mine Train for the kids (and parents) who are a bit more daring but still intimidated by the bigger rides.

-Sonic Spinball and Thirteen seem like solid family coasters enjoyable for everybody.

-Air is good for the starting thrill seekers, a moderate thrill.

-Then lastly Nemesis, Oblivion, Rita and Smiler are for the true dare-alls. The first two are (apparently) of high quality as well.

Now it seems like a good option to add more high quality flats or dark rides, because they do seem to be lacking in those categories. I personally can't wait to visit this park because it looks stunning. Especially can't wait for this cred of course <3

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^I absolutely agree with what you're saying there. Their coaster selection is about to be rounded-off quite nicely (although they're still missing any wooden coasters) and this coaster puts them joint 2nd in the ranking for most coasters at a UK park. I don't think they need to focus on their dark rides yet though. Hex appeals to pretty much everyone, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory appeals to kids and families and Sub-Terra appeals to.....well, no one. :wink:

But, yeah their flat ride selection is truly awful, with only Ripsaw and Enterprise being the only flats for thrill-seekers.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

I feel like Merlin see's flat rides as unpopular and that they don't draw queues or return expense. Drayton have proved this a wrong with Maelstrom always pulling a queue and getting great reviews and the flats at Thorpe are pretty popular too.

More flats is definitely what Alton needs to be perfectly rounded off.

Ethan

Strata Poster

My prediction on Alton Tower's future is a flat/show for 2016, then an RMC for 2017. I'm probably wrong on both but I'm prepared to look stupid (as I look stupid most of the time).

As for Octonauts, I'm glad to see that all the theming has been finished! ;)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Ethan said:
My prediction on Alton Tower's future is a flat/show for 2016, then an RMC for 2017. I'm probably wrong on both but I'm prepared to look stupid (as I look stupid most of the time).

As for Octonauts, I'm glad to see that all the theming has been finished! ;)
I hope your spot on with that!
The park is desperate for a new flat and an RMC would be nice too.