What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Mossed

Roller Poster
The font looked a little bit "western" too?

Magnificent Seven, and it'll have seven inversions!
Add to the Western Theme, the music they use is Duel At High Noon

As for the Twitter account, I'm not going to show "proof" that it wasn't Tony running it, but if you wanted proof, please just look at his misuse of their/there and your/you're.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I mean... the roller coaster is located at the heart of Frontier Town. ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
^ I haven't been to the park, but I don't understand why people are so shocked it's Western themed? It's quite evidently located in that sort of area of the park, it's hardly a surprise lol.

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
I'm not surprised by western theme I mean the video where they were closing it down was some sort of demented lumber jack from the old west. My guess is it all connects someway to hint at a name.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It could, it could not. It could also be a homage to the old ride character signs Cedar Point had in front of each roller coaster - Mean Streak had an angry looking prospector similar to the one in the video.

1629.jpg
My advice to all is to not hang on every bit of marketing/teaser Cedar Point releases on this ride. After we went through the two year merry-go-round that was Maverick... it's a long ride. :p

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
I think this is kind of fun so much speculation and excitement over a roller coaster. No preemptive computer generated track layouts or huge announcements . The secrecy is fun

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think this is kind of fun so much speculation and excitement over a roller coaster. No preemptive computer generated track layouts or huge announcements . The secrecy is fun
Couldn't agree more. I love it! There's so much anticipation. Cedar Point have (so far) done a great job of marketing this.

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
Hey there ya go that is what all the extra supports are for . They are going to put a log flume ride on the outside of that second turn. And use all the extra space in the middle of the ride for the rest. Lol

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
"One of the worst roller coasters in the world"...
These types of things are just one of many reasons that I never read Huffington Post. XD
Let's be fair though, Mean Streak was awful*. :p

*Granted I only rode it once back in 2010, but I thought it was rubbish. ;)

Sythe

Mega Poster
Let's be fair though, Mean Streak was awful*.

*Granted I only rode it once back in 2010, but I thought it was rubbish. ;)
I rode it front row and back row a year ago and I didn't think it was bad. I wouldn't call it amazing or anything but I definitely wouldn't call it one of the worst I've ridden.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Certainly not the worst. My favorite spot to ride was always middle section, which gave a relatively smooth ride when leaning forward.

Those of us who have had the chance to ride it without the first drop trim can also attest to it's original glory and intent.

Some new photos were just sent to Screamscape. Construction progress headed towards the old turn around, but nothing telling of "RMC" elements or inversions:
db_2017_0404_MeanStreak11.jpg

db_2017_0404_MeanStreak21.jpg

db_2017_0404_MeanStreak31.jpg

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
Mean Streak was not the worst roller coaster I have ever ridden but it was pretty close. I did ride it the year it opened (I was 10) and I thought I broke my back it was so rough. Only rode it a few times with the last time being in 2010. I go to CP every year and anytime someone would suggest going on it I would never take them up on it. The structure was stunning and I loved looking at it. I would have ridden it for the last time but I was at the park two days after it officially closed.

It's wild watching this construction progress because of the fact you don't have a clear picture of what's going on as they are tearing down supports or putting new/different supports in. I can't wait to see the pictures that will come in once the park opens and throughout the year.

WhollyRudeTech

Roller Poster
"One of the worst roller coasters in the world"...
These types of things are just one of many reasons that I never read Huffington Post. XD

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

To be fair it was written by Tyler from Coaster Studios and he knows his stuff when it comes to coasters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lofty

CF Legend
To be fair it was written by Tyler from Coaster Studios and he knows his stuff when it comes to coasters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He might do, as do many other people in the world - I'm guessing Tyler has done a lot of the USA parks and is vouching for this as one of the worst based off of only USA coasters. I'm sure after riding a few of the ****ty European ones he'd disagree ha.

Stevenr296

Roller Poster
Sorry I'm on mobile and there are probably better ways to do this but seeing that new picture reminded me of the one I posted a few days ago showing the inversion supports. Did the one showing the inversion get taken before this newer photo was released? Or am I missing something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170405-165227.png
    Screenshot_20170405-165227.png
    471.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20170405-165209.png
    Screenshot_20170405-165209.png
    453 KB · Views: 54