What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
From what we saw happen in the first turn, It's hard to guess the geometry of those ledgers and most of us were wrong, but I think the way they are slammed to one side like that might indicate an inversion. There is a bunch of support on the other side. They could still attach inverted ledgers to the ones already in place, and build more support from the right side. If we go through these first two elements without an inversion, I'd guess the ride is likely to not have any at all.
I dunno. I can totally see the next element being a huge inversion; either the double zero-G roll I keep hoping for or a massive zero-G stall.

codeman94

Mega Poster
Oh sure, its not over till its over. But if we don't see one soon, the chances of seeing any keep getting smaller. Rides with inversions typically don't waste time getting there. But, this is theoretically going to be a long ride, so it has more time than most to work with.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
TC inversions are 2/3 the way through each side, Goliath isn't early on either. This thing will have plenty going for it. Inversions are gonna just be the filler before the next wtf moment. Beside the stall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Someone might have to get the chart out but I'm pretty sure the first element on Outlaw Run is an inversion

davidm

Strata Poster
it is

MM78232-a.jpg

ASteelersMidget

Roller Poster
Oh god not this discussion again. I was under the impression it was agreed that it was.

Either way I look forward to finally seeing the animation for the new ride when it's released probably next fall.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Even I don't know what would happen if that was summoned so many times in such a short space of time.

The horror of it though...

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
RCDB calls it an inversion after 135 degrees of banking, for whatever that's worth. It's still very early in the layout, though.

Zerethon

Roller Poster
Newbie, But After reading through here, Am i the only one that thinks CP Might go for a Vertical loop? RMC Hasn't done one yet, Son of beast is gone, and there's a couple points in Mean streaks layout where you could do one. Notably right after this outward turn. And that would certainly be a record holder

On the original layout, there's 3 lines of track there, with an airtime hill coming out of the MCBR before the second dive into the structure, and since RMC Roughly keeps the footprint (that is to say, the layout of the footers) it would be possible to Place one there. Basically switching the old second loop to the third and vice-versa.

Or maybe i just dream too big. Still freaking exciting to have an RMC this close to me.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Oh sure, its not over till its over. But if we don't see one soon, the chances of seeing any keep getting smaller. Rides with inversions typically don't waste time getting there. But, this is theoretically going to be a long ride, so it has more time than most to work with.
Iron Rattler doesn't have an inversion until about halfway through the ride.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
Looking at the last upright support without a diagonal support ledger it looks taller than the one to the right where the guys are working meaning a higher angled ledger. I think this is leading into a loop. But that could just be an optical illusion too. Sorry I meant inversion not loop.

Last edited:

Mossed

Roller Poster
^ Unfortunately nobody gave us a battery park photo this week. Wouldn't shock me if they had that hill done, or at least partially done, and we'd have a much better idea of what to expect.