What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
eh, this one doesn't excite me as much. ready for more! Why leave all of that "extra" support?
giphy.gif

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
While not the inversion we were hoping for it still looks amazing. Also these pictures are from on site either the crew is leaking them or CP is doing it . Can anyone remember a time that a roller coaster got this much attention for this long? Great publicity.

Sythe

Mega Poster
The first two elements after the drop are so unique so far... If the whole ride is going to be like that then this might just beat out Skyrush for my number one spot... Please don't mess this up Cedar Point lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

codeman94

Mega Poster
something I just thought of... Maybe they are building a new structural piece for the top of the lift hill that might be similar to Goliath? That could explain why construction has stalled (no pun intended) on the lift hill... maybe they are waiting on those pieces to be manufactured.

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
It does look like there is a high five element here looking at the ledgers on the outside of this turn. But then where would the track go? This is almost like the old days before there were internet videos of the design before it was built.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It does look like there is a high five element here looking at the ledgers on the outside of this turn. But then where would the track go? This is almost like the old days before there were internet videos of the design before it was built.
Second, Dueling Mean Streak confirmed.

davidm

Strata Poster
Totally a high-five, and whats extra-cool is that its so high up on that hill they'll need a launch half way around the ride to get the train up there - first (steel) RMC with a launch, most complicated timing procedure on an RMC, first RMC with a launch and a lift hill ..... man, the "firsts" this thing is going to have...

;)

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
Lol ok maybe I used the wrong term but you can see there is an awful lot of support still hanging out there. Just fun trying to figure out where they are going with this.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Thus far, the RMC high five has consisted of a 90 degree banked track, with obvious spanning across the entire support structure for two tracks.
18107931902_9aa93c3072_b.jpg

Since none of that is happenen

davidm

Strata Poster
^ stop it with the rational arguments ; this is rabid internet coaster speculation at its finest and your just spoiling it. :(

Stevenr296

Roller Poster
I agree, it's painfully obvious that this will just be a closer high five element anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if riders will be able to lock arms with riders from the other train. My only concern would be heads hitting each other. We'll just see what they do about that. Helmets maybe?

^ stop it with the rational arguments ; this is rabid internet coaster speculation at its finest and your just spoiling it. :(

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
We have some interesting details revealed on this video. Some of the things to note are that it will have at least 1 inversion, the first drop will not be the biggest drop and it will feature Gerstlauer trains like IR and NTG:-

Video by Coaster Labs.

Fizpez

Roller Poster

I'm VERY much a noob to this but with that first picture I dont see how that the train exits (from this perspective) to the right without corkscrewing at the top of that hill. I dont have the terminology to describe that type of element but the additional outward bracing on the left side of the image would suggest a fairly heavy g-load in that direction.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
@Fizpez A traditional banked turn would have the track bank to the right, as this is a right hand turn. An outer banked turn does the opposite, having the track bank to the left, as the track is turning right. This would immediately make you think the turn is rough, as it is packed with a good deal of positive g-force, pushing you out of your seat. This type of unorthodox angle and train direction has become a staple Rocky Mountain Construction element; creating unique and awkward angles that create different ride sensations.

For instance, the "Wave Turn" from Outlaw Run is a lateral airtime hill. You would not build your airtime hill with this type of track arrangement, making for a unique, sideways airtime sensation.​
maxresdefault.jpg

Fizpez

Roller Poster
@Fizpez A traditional banked turn would have the track bank to the right, as this is a right hand turn. An outer banked turn does the opposite, having the track bank to the left, as the track is turning right. This would immediately make you think the turn is rough, as it is packed with a good deal of positive g-force, pushing you out of your seat. This type of unorthodox angle and train direction has become a staple Rocky Mountain Construction element; creating unique and awkward angles that create different ride sensations.

For instance, the "Wave Turn" from Outlaw Run is a lateral airtime hill. You would not build your airtime hill with this type of track arrangement, making for a unique, sideways airtime sensation.​

Thanks for the explanation - I can see now how they are doing that. Just wondering why they left all that structure to the left of the track as it clearly isnt needed as far as the physics of a turn like that would dictate - that has to be the most built out part of the entire old circuit as the old normal banked turn had tremendous g-loads in that direction. Just wondering if that intend to waste all that....

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It isn't waste if it is preexisting like this is. It would be more cost to remove it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk