What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ever since RMC announced their existence to the world with New Texas Giant, they've amazed me with their brilliant, innovative and thrilling designs. But I felt they still lacked the "BANG OMG WTF JUST HAPPENED?" of Intamin's big bad sustained airtime hills found on GeForce and El Toro. Now they seem to adress that little complaint I had. Really looking forward to the final result!
The quad-down on Lightning Rod is the definition of "BANG WTF IS HAPPENI... BANG OMG WHAT... BANG SEND HEL... BANG OMG WTF JUST HAPPENED". It's better than any sustained airtime hill, in my opinion. ;)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^ But give me Wildfire's Zero G Stall over a sustained airtime hill, any day ;)
I haven't yet experienced a sustained hill from RMC, neither Wildfire or Wicked Cyclone have one really, massive airtime on the drops but nothing huge and sustained. The Wildfire Stall is the equivalent of one though, just upside down :)

Intricks

Strata Poster
So we all know that photo from Reddit that shows the completed hill - what we DIDNT see is the 2nd hill that is hidden behind Maverick is possibly even better! Seriously, just look at the ledgers!

FB_IMG_1489177291849.jpg

Now, since we are guessing the first hill will go back down to the ground, or pretty close too it at least, is this going to be a huge outward banked airtime bonanza fest or is it part of an inversion?

Stevenr296

Roller Poster
So we all know that photo from Reddit that shows the completed hill - what we DIDNT see is the 2nd hill that is hidden behind Maverick is possibly even better! Seriously, just look at the ledgers!

View attachment 951

Now, since we are guessing the first hill will go back down to the ground, or pretty close too it at least, is this going to be a huge outward banked airtime bonanza fest or is it part of an inversion?

It looks like a huge outward banked airtime bonanza fest but it almost looks like too much of a huge outward banked airtime bonanza fest. And I see some extra wooden supports to the right of all that. I could see a tunnel being a possibility. Otherwise, I'm not sure what they're there for.

Stevenr296

Roller Poster
Well the wood supports do get a little too away from the track. Not sure what's going on, haha. But yes it does look outward banked.

Sythe

Mega Poster

View attachment 951

HOLY...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I am so sure this is being built at my home park. It'll be eleven years since they got something good by the time this opens, so it's about time!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know how to respond to the two posts above other than with quiet sobbing. The world's largest Wing Coaster and ditto Dive Machine in 11 years is a disappointment that only the world's largest hybrid woodie can relieve?

I'd tell you what my home park has built in the past 11 years, but I've already brought it up in too many threads in here...

...okay, it doesn't take that much room/time to say "second-hand family coaster", so I might as well add this thread to the list.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ And for those of us in central Ohio, we essentially have Kings Island AND Cedar Point as home parks.

Loving the overbank - knew it would finally show up!

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I'm not sure if I've ever been more excited for a roller coaster before. While it's always fun and exciting to watch a new coaster being built, we have usually seen plans so we know what elements to expect. We don't have that with RMStreak (what I like to call it) so it's so fun to see the pictures and try to figure out what is going on.

Mossed

Roller Poster
something
I don't know how to respond to the two posts above other than with quiet sobbing. The world's largest Wing Coaster and ditto Dive Machine in 11 years is a disappointment that only the world's largest hybrid woodie can relieve?

This is exactly what I was thinking. Must be rough getting Valravn, GateKeeper, and Rougarou... and a monster upgrade to the beach, resorts (Breakers), entrances, and water park in that time frame. The transformation the park has made over the last ten years is absolutely insane.

Not that I wouldn't trade all of it for this update to Mean Streak, because I would. As for the ride itself, no idea exactly what's happening on the opposite side of that hill from where the ledgers are currently going, but it almost looks like it could be a high five element. This looks like it's going to be an absolute monster with airtime, and I'm already penciling in a return visit to the park in 2018'.

Sythe

Mega Poster
It's not my home park, but I couldn't agree with you more. GateKeeper is crap, and Valravn is just such a one-trick-pony
I think Gatekeeper is pretty good. Not great but hey it does what it was built to do fairly well, unlike Valravn.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

codeman94

Mega Poster
From what we saw happen in the first turn, It's hard to guess the geometry of those ledgers and most of us were wrong, but I think the way they are slammed to one side like that might indicate an inversion. There is a bunch of support on the other side. They could still attach inverted ledgers to the ones already in place, and build more support from the right side. If we go through these first two elements without an inversion, I'd guess the ride is likely to not have any at all.

Last edited:

Okay, they're not bad coasters and not bad investments for the park, but for someone who isn't really a fan of B&Ms other than their fabulous giga coasters, the years worth of B&M installments have been contradictory to my personal preferences. Obviously Cedar Point is not catering to me, but I far preferred their Intamin days and am very happy they've strayed away from the B&Ms now.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Partly because, outside of a hyper and flyer, they have built all the B&M's there are to build!

@Mossed its going to be an overbanked turn.