What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
4bb.PNG

Hard to believe that's a genuine comment...

Sandman

Giga Poster
I'm glad they are pushing the interactions as a selling point rather than speed/intensity. Even though the presenter at the beginning had to say the obligatory "as much g force as a race car" line :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So according to an onsite engineer, Icon will actually reach a top speed of 85kph at the end of the second launch. The current 80kph statistic is the minimum speed needed to crest the (sort of) Immelmann to prevent a rollback.
Go to 1:00 in the video.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
So according to an onsite engineer, Icon will actually reach a top speed of 85kph at the end of the second launch. The current 80kph statistic is the minimum speed needed to crest the (sort of) Immelmann to prevent a rollback.
Go to 1:00 in the video.

He actually said 85km/h is the 'maximum speed on launch 2'. Not sure if this means it will reach that though?...
Anyone know more about this? I haven't heard of launched coasters varying between speeds tbh.

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
I'm pretty sure LSMs are adjustable depending on weather conditions etc, so yeah 85km/h is probably just the maximum it will go when the conditions mean it's more likely to valley.

spicy

Giga Poster
Nick Thompson has seen too many Carlsberg adverts, “this is probably the best rollercoaster in the world”.

Last edited:

Sandman

Giga Poster
Any movement on the station? Surprised there hasn't been a proper update for the last week, kind of expected to see trains or exterior work!