What's new

Reopen American Adventure Theme Park

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Slightly interesting fact; all of American Adventure's former creds are still operating somewhere.
So it's not even a case of building everything from scratch, we just gotta persuade a few parks to give us our coasters back. Piece of piss.
The boomerang went to Pleasurewood, the mine train went to 'Mingo, the twin looper went to Poland, something went to Twinlakes and something else went to Mellor's.
Don't see what the problem is here. Someone just needs to write a few letters, that's all.

Sandman

Giga Poster
New merch now available, and for only £16 you can buy an official boarding pass for the Buffalo Coaster so you are the first to ride it on it's inevitable return (certificate included).

40064730632_45997e3707_z.jpg

Edward M

Strata Poster
I just looked up American Adventure on rcdb with the expectation that it closed in maybe 2012 or later. It closed TWELVE years ago. For **** sake, it's gone. I'm sorry, but, what, they're just gonna buy all their rides back, build infrastructure again, get rid of all development plans for the property, and spend millions for a park that closed because it stopped making money?!?

But ya 50/50 chance I'd say.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm sorry, but, what, they're just gonna buy all their rides back, build infrastructure again, get rid of all development plans for the property, and spend millions for a park that closed because it stopped making money?!?

Well, we have this petition, see? So yes.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I just looked up American Adventure on rcdb with the expectation that it closed in maybe 2012 or later. It closed TWELVE years ago. For :emoji_zipper_mouth: sake, it's gone. I'm sorry, but, what, they're just gonna buy all their rides back, build infrastructure again, get rid of all development plans for the property, and spend millions for a park that closed because it stopped making money?!?

So you're saying it could happen?

Reactions: Dar

Peet

Giga Poster
Hahaha and even to achieve £1m he'd need the ~10,000 signatories to donate an average of £100 each!! And I reckon you'd need about £50m at the very least.

Matt N

CF Legend
Slightly interesting fact; all of American Adventure's former creds are still operating somewhere.
So it's not even a case of building everything from scratch, we just gotta persuade a few parks to give us our coasters back. Piece of piss.
The boomerang went to Pleasurewood, the mine train went to 'Mingo, the twin looper went to Poland, something went to Twinlakes and something else went to Mellor's.
Don't see what the problem is here. Someone just needs to write a few letters, that's all.
Now that they have Lech Coaster, Legendia would probably be very happy to give Twin Looper back!

I'm not sure how good of a theme park he could build with £1m. He could possibly bring a funfair to the site, but I don't know about a proper theme park. But I'm not educated in finance, so it could be perfectly possible.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I can imagine all the local teenagers pissing themselves laughing at Twin Looper. The old, tired rides of AA won't phase today's fidget spinning, snapchat infested, Smiler loving kids.