What's new

Reopen American Adventure Theme Park

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
Loving that article title...

Campaigner fighting to save American Adventure told there is no hope of bringing back theme park

As if the park's still operational and is only now facing closure :p

Sandman

Giga Poster
Petitioners: Assemble.

Flyers? Check.
Signatures? Check
No sense of reality? Check

Let's go get us some theme parks!

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Why don't these people pour their efforts into creating a good Tribute Website - in the same lines as the efforts of British Theme park Archive and Memories of Thorpe Park!

The park can't come back, - but I'm sure there's lots of information to be found about it, research that could be done! and peoples memories that can be utilised to honor the park!

I remember when the wicked witches haunt burnt down - I was gutted! and people immediately cried 're-build it'.........But I knew it would never happen, because realism!

Dar

Hyper Poster
If you think about it, everything has a 50% chance of happening!

You either roll a 6, or you don't!
You win the lottery, or you don't!
You choose the stupidest hill to die on, or you leave the council alone!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Didn't construction work for the new housing just recently begin? And the council said give up there's no chance.

... So sure; there is totally a 50% chance it could reopen...

Sandman

Giga Poster
Chances of American Adventure have increased to 50%. The council are in a situation on whether to open the American Adventure back up for business.

giphy.webp

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
It's sad - reading the comments on the petition it seems everyone has fab nostalgic memories of the place.
Kinda cruel that they're being led to believe this even has a chance of happening tbh - the creator of the petition must be just as deluded I guess.

Peet

Giga Poster
Obviously this is never going to happen, but as a slight change of subject - given that the original AA had a number of second hand rides, *if* you were to reopen it, what existing available rides would you bring in? The ones that spring to mind for me are Knightmare, Venus, and the old Alton Towers 4 Man Bob which I believe is still rusting away at Loudoun Castle. Any other ideas?