What's new

Zhipao New Vertical Coaster Debuts

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Looks like one of the Chinese firms is stepping up their game again.
Take a look at the new Vertical Coaster model from Zhipao.
thumbnail_image.png
Currently undergoing testing at Dinosaur Town in Qingzhen, China.

The ride is 35m tall and 750m long, featuring 5 inversions (Loop, Zero-G-Roll, Cobra Roll and Inline Roll)

The video I posted to VH below shows an overview followed by a full circuit test.
Looks to be quite a step up in coaster design for them, featuring 5 inversions and an interesting 3x3 train design.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
That looks like a fun layout but the train loses momentum suspiciously fast which is usually not a good sign for smoothness either. It kinda looks like a Zamperla Thunderbolt and Fahrenheit had a baby, but considering what they've been doing so far this is a big step up.

cookie

Giga Poster
That looks like a fun layout but the train loses momentum suspiciously fast which is usually not a good sign for smoothness either. It kinda looks like a Zamperla Thunderbolt and Fahrenheit had a baby, but considering what they've been doing so far this is a big step up.
It does seem to clear the first set of inversions with fairly decent speed. Think the issue is how drawn out and high off the ground the return trip is for such a short vehicle.

Last edited:

Trax

Hyper Poster
It looks to be heavily inspired by Huracan at Belantis
Including the horrible rattle 😂

I expect empty trains on a brand new ride to loose quite a bit of speed throughout the layout, but this is really a lot of energy that’s being lost there. It is better than older Chinese knockoffs which lost half their momentum after the first element, but compared to other manufacturers it still looses way too much speed.
Might be down to soft wheels, bad grease and low weight, but I still feel like the main culprit is intense rattle.

That looks like its going to stop by the end! That heartline roll looks painful as its so slow and the way it crawls throuh the Cobra Roll into the no airtime hill (surely too slow for any airtime) makes so little sense.