Discussion in 'General Discussions & Opinions' started by Matt N, Sep 3, 2018.
Never thought I'd hear this! Lech gets nothing but rave reviews.
What was bad about it?
Coaster count at start of 2018: 116 or so
Coaster count at end of 2018: 139
New credits obtained in 2018: 23 or so
New parks visited in 2018: 3 (Universal Studios Florida, Holiday World, Six Flags Over Texas)
Days spent in a theme park in 2018: technically 7 (2x Holiday World, 1x Hersheypark, 1x Family Kingdom, 1x Islands of Adventure, 1x Universal Studios Florida, 1x Six Flags Over Texas)
Favorite new ride of 2018: The Voyage at Holiday World
Favorite new park of 2018: Holiday World
Highlight of 2018: Holiwood Nights or the Electric Light Orchestra concert (read below), need I say much more?
Biggest surprise of 2018: Going to a surprise (only found out about it 15 mins before we were leaving) concert of my favorite band, Electric Light Orchestra, in Dallas, Texas, at the end of my summer.
I found myself asking the same question when I initially read it, but I heard some people saying it was a little too forceful for them.
Coaster Count at start of 2018: I don't actually remember, maybe like 140?
Coaster Count at end of 2018: 218
New Credits obtained in 2018: 78
New Parks visited in 2018: 7 (KI, CP, WOF, Adventureland IA, KD, Dollywood, BGT)
Days spent in a theme park in 2018: 27 or 28
Favorite new ride of 2018: Fury 325, followed closely by SteVe
Favorite new park of 2018: Dollywood
Highlight of 2018: Finally getting able to go to Cedar Point.
Biggest surprise of 2018: Just how good Kumba is.
Late to the party but 2018 has been amazing for me!
- Steel Vengeance yay! So. Much... Airtime
- Walk-on Maverick at night...
- Getting my 200th cred on Hyperion and riding along with Silvarret
- Walk-on Nemesis for my first day at Alton <3
- Riding Troy with my eyes shut. Out-of-control woodie goodness!
- Meeting and interviewing many leading coaster designers from Vekoma, Intamin, The Gravity Group & more at EAS 2018 - click here for an example
- Being mindblown by Parc Astérix & Walibi Belgium 2021 announcements. We French baguettes are FINALLY getting some breath-taking stuff!
- Going to California on the very same week as @daviddoc without knowing and ending up visiting together on the fly. You're a cool guy David!
- X² first drop, at night. One of the rare coaster moments that make me 'OMG WOW!'
- Missing the Cedar Point CF Live by arriving late. My biggest failure. Really wish to make it up @Snoo and meet you American CFers one day!
- My video interview with Andreas Andersen of Liseberg was out-of-focus... Shame as he was so friendly and helpful :s At least I was able to made it into a written interview.
- Not posting many TRs here in 2018. It's one of the best parts of the forum, and I missed out a lot Writing more is def a resolution for 2019
- Posting way too many construction photos of Hyperion's pullout!
Happy New Year everyone! I hope to see you goons at some parks in 2019
Spreadsheet now up to date as far as 31st December, so here we go:
Coaster count at start of 2018: 468
Coaster count at end of 2018: 691
New credits obtained: 223
New parks visited: 71
Days spent in a theme park: 64
Favourite new ride: Either Flying Aces or Twisted Colossus, I'm still digesting the latter.
Favourite new park: Idk, could just be Biggest Surprise instead: Motiongate
Oh, and updated spites:
It is very rough, especially for something so new! After a couple of rides I was getting a credache! I rode it almost ten times and the roughness was just too much to be enjoyable. It is a real shame as the coaster is great aesthetically!
It wasn't down to force, I love forceful coasters!
Yet you still rode it ten times? I feel like if I had the same impression I would’ve stopped after like 3 rides.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @ATTACKHAMMER, although I must admit I'm extremely surprised by that! Most reviews say that Lech is one of the smoothest coasters around; I've even heard one reviewer say that Lech makes B&M coasters feel like Pinfaris because it's so smooth!
Yep. Most rides were during an ERT session of the live and it wouldn't look great just to stand around! Then I gave it a couple more rides in the afternoon. I had the chance to try out most of the seats to gain an informed opinion.
But Lech is literally not rough at all...? Unless something catastrophic happened between my visit and the Live 1 week later. Intense - yes. Rough - not in the slightest!
Well I can only comment on how I found it. I was very disappointed not to like it as aesthetically it is great!
I think I mentioned this in an earlier thread somewhere, but I got in more coasters since then, so I’ll chime in here.
2018 was by far my best coaster year to date. I got 205 new credits.
I haven’t counted the parks, but here they are in the order I visited them:
Fun Spot Orlando, Fun Spot Kissimmee, SeaWorld Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa, Six Flags over Texas, ZDTs, SeaWorld San Antonio, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Kemah Boardwalk, Galveston Pleasure Pier (Griswold), Beech Bend, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Kings Island, Cedar Point, Martin’s Fantasy Island, Marineland Canada, Canada’s Wonderland, Darien Lake, Seabreeze, Waldameer, Kennywood, Idlewild, Conneaut Lake, Delgrosso’s, Rye Playland, Michigan’s Adventure, Indiana Beach, Holiday World (again), Six Flags St. Louis, Silver Dollar City, two alpine coasters in Branson, Worlds of Fun (Griswold), Adventureland, Arnolds Park, ValleyFair, Nickelodeon Universe, Mt. Olympus, Little Amerricka, Bay Beach, Six Flags Great America, Edaville, Scandia (Ontario), Knott’s Berry Farm.
OK, so not counting repeats, Griswolds, and alpine coasters, that’s 40 different parks. I’m amazed just typing that.
Separate names with a comma.