What's new

Your worst spite

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Whoops! Sorry about that! I'd recommend putting Kentucky off for another day, people! XD
Other storm chaser haha… Paulton’s Park one.

There’s a UK Coasterforce Live meetup tomorrow at Paulton’s… And now you’ve doomed all UK members to miss out on their new coaster!!! 😱🙈😂

MakoMania

Mega Poster
VelociCoaster down all day both days that I’ve visited (just to ride it) since it’s been open.

Really skeptical to pay over $100 for a third time to try to ride it.

Matt N

CF Legend
VelociCoaster down all day both days that I’ve visited (just to ride it) since it’s been open.

Really skeptical to pay over $100 for a third time to try to ride it.
You know what they say about “third time lucky” and all that; it could be open this time!

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
I lied - Pinball X wasn't my worst spite.

Instead it's been Rampage at The Big Sheep, and Rockin Roller at Botton's Pleasure Beach. Rampage was under construction with a significant portion of trackwork done when I visited TBS for the first time, then a few years later in 2021 got rained out - as an ex-indoor coaster with a custom layout it was never designed to run in rain.

Rockin Roller had covers over the cars, and was listed as 'closed for the day' before the park even opened.

I would say Rampage is the worse spite, but those power mice do look like pretty fun rides.
Unspited myself from Pinball X :)

Two days later in Yorkshire... Hero closed all day.

Would anyone say that Hero is a worse spite than Rampage or Rockin Roller? Or does the ride well & truly live up to the horrible reputation that it has?

Graeme

Roller Poster
Batflyer and Viper at Lightwater Valley in 1996. It took me ages to get to Yorkshire and I really wanted to ride them, but they were both closed all day.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
I can't really say I've had a worst spite because everything I've wanted to ride has always been open, with the exception of Desert Race at Heide Park when I went there in 2019. But tbh, I had forgotten the coaster was even there until I walked past it so.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Ah yes, a topic I always hope to not have to update haha
Freshly back from my 24 day European vacation that I did get to ride 17 new for me coasters on.. There were a few misses along the way, 2 entirely closed parks....and one park that removed their only coaster shortly before my trip started...and passing a park I didn't think I'd be close to and had no way of visiting! (so, two not really a spites but still disappointments?)

Two whole closed parks. One I wasn't so upset about and one that was pretty devastating haha
when planning my trip out I was like 99.9% sure Tivoli Friheden was gonna be up the day I was in Århus, so it was a little bit of a bummer finding out pretty much the day before showing up, the park would be closed. Part of me was wondering if the park adjusted hours since the accident on Cobra....and since Cobra was already stated to not be reopening, missing the park wasn't as big of a deal since it was the only credit of interest, but it would have been cool to ride the SCAD , again. Since I was gonna be in the town for the day anyways, I walked over to the park and looked at it from the entrance, haha.

And for the real worst spite, probably my biggest to date. Missing out on Gröna Lund in its entirety
I swear I checked this a dozen times leading up to my cruse.... But it just wasn't meant to be....and I only figured it out the day before we arrived in Stockholm...and to make things worse, upon embankment of the cruise we were informed one day of the 12 had been shorten, and it was the Stockholm day and while maybe a cruise isn't the best way to visit parks.... we were gonna be in the city and the park is right there, so why not try and visit? Well, the night before I was checking hours and realized the park wasn't gonna open until 4pm...and the ship would be leaving at 3.30...... So after I cried a little on the inside, I re-planed my day but still took the tram over to see the park up close. *originally* we would have been in port until 7.30 and the idea of getting a handful of credits was realistic and I had told myself if I could have gotten Jetline, Twister, and Monster I'd have been happy...but I got nothing haha

Kneippbyn was a park I had penciled in since my cruise ship was gonna port a few miles from the park and with nothing actually planned for that day, a quick +1 seemed like a good idea. When I had been planing out the day, RCDB still had the parks Tiger coaster as listed there but it turns out the ride had already been removed and reopened in a different country and the whole.... connect the dots thing hadn't caught up yet. So while the ride had been gone for a few months, it wasn't 'known' to RCDB/C-C until the week I wanted to go! haha, oh well. Still *saw* the place

More like a ...seen but not ridden? Walygator wasn't planned on my trip and something I hadn't even thought about until a friend of mine asked if I was gonna stop there on my way to Luxembourg. I was taking the train (and bus), so it wasn't really an option...but that didn't make it not sting just a little being able to see both Anaconda annddd Monster while passing :(

TLDR: chasing coasters and parks is a dumb hobby :p

Last edited:

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
This is the Argentinian Vice President.

You should feel how she feels right now about it. Bullet firmly dodged.

Got unspited by it recently. It's... really fun! Went in for rerides too. :)

With that being said my all-time least favourite coaster, Blizzard, has now been at the bottom of my rankings for twelve years. Will there ever be anything worse...?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
My killer one was getting to everland shortly after eagles fortress closed to find at express was down for maintenance too.

So I enjoyed what is a very pretty park but one that just has an old arrow looper and a Vekoma junior. Wasn't quite what I hoped.

I've been very lucky with most other coasters and can't think of a really major one I missed. jokers Jinx at SFA was shut but I'd ridden Poltergeist so wasn't quite such a big deal.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Was spited by Ice Breaker on our visit. Honestly wasn't planning on going back to Seaworld either.

But thankfully my son decided Mako was his favourite coaster in Florida, (yes, even over Gwazi and Velocicoaster! I think him and @Matt N would get along well! 😂 ) And the daughter had missed the first Seaworld day altogether, opting for a rest day, so everyone was happy to go and spend a few hours there, before heading back into Galaxy's Edge on our spare day, and the stars aligned.

Wish I hadn't have bothered... One of only 2 creds I flat out refused to re ride on the whole trip... A cred is a cred I guess.

Matt N

CF Legend
Was spited by Ice Breaker on our visit. Honestly wasn't planning on going back to Seaworld either.

But thankfully my son decided Mako was his favourite coaster in Florida, (yes, even over Gwazi and Velocicoaster! I think him and @Matt N would get along well! 😂 ) And the daughter had missed the first Seaworld day altogether, opting for a rest day, so everyone was happy to go and spend a few hours there, before heading back into Galaxy's Edge on our spare day, and the stars aligned.

Wish I hadn't have bothered... One of only 2 creds I flat out refused to re ride on the whole trip... A cred is a cred I guess.
Oh dear... if you don't mind me asking, what was it you didn't like about Ice Breaker? I haven't ridden it, but I've heard nothing but good things about it, and given your love of ejector airtime (from having spoken to you in the past), I was honestly wondering whether you might rate it over Mako... I'm disheartened to hear that you didn't like it.

Also, what was the other cred you refused to reride, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry to be so nosey; I'm just always interested to hear the opinions of people who've just had first time visits to parks I've already been to!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Oh dear... if you don't mind me asking, what was it you didn't like about Ice Breaker? I haven't ridden it, but I've heard nothing but good things about it, and given your love of ejector airtime (from having spoken to you in the past), I was honestly wondering whether you might rate it over Mako... I'm disheartened to hear that you didn't like it.

Also, what was the other cred you refused to reride, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry to be so nosey; I'm just always interested to hear the opinions of people who've just had first time visits to parks I've already been to!
Ice breaker has those comfort collars, and really good air time on the last 2 phases of the launch, not a great mix, it feels like your shoulders are being launched into solid steel bars. (I presume this is a tall person problem?)

The other coaster was one I was really looking forward to too, Mine Blower sadly, it was going so well, drop and inversion were incredible, then it just got way too rough, I'm talking hurting your internal organs rough... Only 1 other coaster has ever given me that kind of internal pain and it was one I have always loved, Grand National. I'm sure I just caught it on a bad day, maybe train or track needs some work, but as it was on one train, there was no way I was riding it again.
No need to apologise, ask away, I'm too lazy to do a trip report for the entire trip... So happy to answer questions and share opinions. Even if they're not asked for...

Which brings me onto this slightly off topic point for you personally... Go and ride Shambhala!!! Now, do not wait, just go! All of us have now done Shammy, Silverstar and Mako, and despite Kyle saying Mako is the best coaster in Florida, everyone agreed, even him, that it was not as good as Shambhala! It's a great coaster, don't get me wrong, it really is, but it's more like Silver Star, with a boring turnaround, lower height, less sustained airtime, and buzz kill heavy hitting trim brakes. Also the staggered seating on Shambhala, with the space and exposed feeling of freedom it provides, along with those insane views down the hill adding to the height factor, just make Shambhala so much better. (Just get yourself a fast pass, as the ops can be shocking!) Mako is better than Silver Star IMO, but it's closer to SS than Shambhala.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
What was the other one then

The other coaster was one I was really looking forward to too, Mine Blower sadly, it was going so well, drop and inversion were incredible, then it just got way too rough, I'm talking hurting your internal organs rough... Only 1 other coaster has ever given me that kind of internal pain and it was one I have always loved, Grand National. I'm sure I just caught it on a bad day, maybe train or track needs some work, but as it was on one train, there was no way I was riding it again.

StevenX

Roller Poster
I've been to Magic Mountain about 3 or 4 times since X opened. Each time, X was down all day and never opened at all.

Luckily I've been to Fuji Q a bunch of times and done Eejanaika loads!