Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Joey said:
Hixee said:
Joey said:
Hixee said:
^Megafobia darling. ;)

If peeps are going, I'm up for an Oakwood trip. It's not really that far from Bristol.
It's already been made clear to you that you are not invited.
This is where we need a 'sarcastic' smiley. I can never tell with these things...
What would a sarcasm smiley look like?
Like Gavin, probably.

I digress. There will not be an Oakwood Live this year, but please use the Trip Planning forums to plan your own. Who knows, if enough people go you may be able to get in using the group rate.

Nic

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
Mysterious Sue said:
Wicksteed

When you go, will you be posting in trip planning? I've been meaning to get to Wicksteed forever! =]
Were you not there the day that I abandoned the car in the middle of a field, fell asleep against a change machine, and had to wear shorts in the pissing rain because somehow* my jeans were covered in Cava?

Anyway, yes, I would maybe be up for a return visit if the weather was lovely, the picnic was amazing and we could get some stupidly cheap rate.

*ask Scumbag

Jake

Strata Poster
I won't bother posting a list of parks, but i'll be doing all the Major parks around Shanghai and Shenzhen in China, aswell as everything in Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Plus Finland.

Dunno about UK parks - probably the usual malarky.

I'll get up to about 550/570 if all goes according to plan!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Emmet said:
then a trip to the small parks in North Wales

Yeah, Williams Amusements in Towyn are getting a 300ft Dive Machine this year, not to mention the new 4D coaster on Rhyl Promenade.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Jake said:
I'll be doing all the Major parks around Shanghai and Shenzhen in China, aswell as everything in Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Plus Finland.
Yeah Boyee!
Can't wait to see & hear all about your year Jake! Your 2010 was fab & it looks like your 2011 is going to be right up there again!
And aren't you doing Finland with Gavin? Now that's a trip to die for!

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
I'm planning to hit up a few parks I've really wanted to do for ages this year. I know some definitely will happen since I'm doing them with Kyle and Joey, but whether the others will happen is another question.

Definites
Thorpe Park
Alton Towers
Drayton Manor
Chessington
Adventure Island
PortAventura
Parc Asterix
Blackpool
Fantasy Island

Maybe
Gardaland
Miribilandia
Walygator
Disneyland Paris
Flamingo Land
Pleasure Island
Pleasurewood Hills

I'd say it's a pretty doable list. S'all good

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Virtually nothing until June, then in rapid succession:
Taiwan
China
Universal Japan
Disney Alaska Cruise

Then, hopefully the Denver Area parks and Cliff's.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Ahhh, the benefits of being in the navy. :--D

Mike

Giga Poster
I'm not really 100% for anywhere yet.
Even though I'm in Florida for half the year, I've heard that leisure time is extremely hard to come by whilst working at Disney, without even factoring in any coursework they'll give me. :? However, if/when I do get some days off, I should hopefully get to every main Floridian park.

Before July, however, I'ld love to do the Holland Live, but really need to look into costings for that to see if I can anywhere near afford it (and even if I could afford it, there's then finding someone on here that can put up with me on a massive car journey/rooming :p).

I've still got a while left on my Merlin AP as well, so I'll definitely tag along with my family when they go to the usual places. Adventure Island is also a possibility with their new coaster opening.

Should still be a decent park count, but nowhere near the new coaster count I've had for the past few years.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^No, silly. Disney Wonder, a cruise ship of the Disney cruise line, is doing Alaska cruises this summer.

^^Jerry, none of that uses the Navy for transportation. Actually, this year, the job is preventing coaster trips, as I'm stuck off the east coast of Africa for the foreseeable future.

Emmett

Giga Poster
gavin said:
Emmet said:
then a trip to the small parks in North Wales

Yeah, Williams Amusements in Towyn are getting a 300ft Dive Machine this year, not to mention the new 4D coaster on Rhyl Promenade.

Wooo can't wait. Also don't forget about the new Aquatrax coaster planned for Knightlys :lol: .

Ben

CF Legend
East Coast(er) General said:
Jake said:
I'll be doing all the Major parks around Shanghai and Shenzhen in China, aswell as everything in Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Plus Finland.
Yeah Boyee!
Can't wait to see & hear all about your year Jake! Your 2010 was fab & it looks like your 2011 is going to be right up there again!

Oi, I'm going too :wink:

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm also thinking of bringing some life back to the Trip Planning forum by doing a few day trips to some of the lesser known/thought of UK parks. Yes, for credit whoring, but also because there aren't as many UK lives this year it'll be a nice chance for us all to still see each other.

The main one on my mind is Brean. I know it's quite out of the way, but they have a 'new' coaster for this year (Space Invaders 2 relocated from Blackpool) but I feel it's one a few people won't have gone to and might fancy?

Also, Wicksteed as mentioned. Picnicking =]

Adventure Island seems to be a popular choice too, we could all have a lovely day by the sea-side, hooray!

And I'm in the process of working out a south coast credit run and a Cornwall/Devon camping trip if anyone is interested. I'll be posting like I said.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
^I'm definitely up for a Southern cred run, I've been wanting to do one for a while. I've even writtedn down all the parks I'd like to do, Wicksteed is probably the one nearest to me I want to do the most. I'm sure we'll sort something out :D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
nadroJ said:
Adventure Island seems to be a popular choice too, we could all have a lovely day by the sea-side, hooray!
There may be something in the pipeline regarding an Adventure Island trip. Having said that, go as many times as you can anyway! My mystic stones are telling me that something may occur there this season. *spooky noise*