What's new

Your most embarrassing theme park moments

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve got another suggestion for this thread, actually.

Last January at Hyde Park Winter Wonderland, I was walking through the queue for Wilde Maus XXL. If you’ve ridden it, you’ll know that the queue is a funhouse-style affair, with all kinds of obstacles along the way.

One of these obstacles was a sliding walkway-type thing, that moved very quickly as you walked over it. Well, I didn’t know this before stepping on, so I slipped head over heels and very nearly knocked over the poor lady walking in front of me! It was more embarrassing than I’m making it sound; I could see my dad, who wasn’t riding, absolutely dying with laughter from the sidelines! Suffice to say, that certainly wasn’t one of the high points of my time as a theme park enthusiast…

But what have been your most embarrassing theme park moments?

Does tripping and falling down the stairs from Stealths station platform to the launch track in front of about 1000 people count?

Or feeling embarrassed on behalf of someone else in the form of a rider who puked on Vortex, they managed to nail the row directly opposite and drown a decent portion of a full queue line with the contents of a KFC family bucket.... Behind a splattered window in the control cabin, I looked at the operator, I looked at the mop, I said "good luck with that" and promptly legged it back to the workshop.

Matt N

CF Legend
Does tripping and falling down the stairs from Stealths station platform to the launch track in front of about 1000 people count?

Or feeling embarrassed on behalf of someone else in the form of a rider who puked on Vortex, they managed to nail the row directly opposite and drown a decent portion of a full queue line with the contents of a KFC family bucket.... Behind a splattered window in the control cabin, I looked at the operator, I looked at the mop, I said "good luck with that" and promptly legged it back to the workshop.
Definitely; both of those could count! The Stealth one in particular sounds painful!

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster

Which Vortex? The Arrow Swinger? The Arrow Looper (god rest it's soul)? The B&M Stand-up? The other stand-up that got the floorless treatment? The extended SLC? Or the Arrow Corkscrew?

One for my brother, actually: It was 2016 and we were walking through Animal Kingdom. A bird saw my brother's hair and said "I'm going to **** ON THAT!" The rest is history.

Which Vortex? The Arrow Swinger? The Arrow Looper (god rest it's soul)? The B&M Stand-up? The other stand-up that got the floorless treatment? The extended SLC? Or the Arrow Corkscrew?

One for my brother, actually: It was 2016 and we were walking through Animal Kingdom. A bird saw my brother's hair and said "I'm going to **** ON THAT!" The rest is history.

That would be Thorpe Parks KMG Afterburner...

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Hmmm...
1. Riding kiddle coaster with my friend who has lots of fear. Everyone except us are under-12 kid.
2. In front of bigger coaster entrance, he grasps me not to push him to ride it. (2018 T-express last ride, I wanted to ride with him but he didn't let me go)
3. I wanted a certain row (ex row 18 of Intamin prefab) but friends are scared of front or back. I'd just ride alone.