What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

Will

Strata Poster
- Untamed is not one of my top three coasters in the Netherlands and neither is Goliath. My favourite Dutch park is Toverland.

- Tivoli Gardens is ****.

-DC Rivals Hypercoaster is nothing to write home about.

- I always enjoy a trip there, but none of Blackpool's coasters particularly excite me. My favourite ride there is Valhalla and the park was better pre-Mandy.

- Social distancing has not had an exclusively negative effect on the theme park visiting experience.

Last edited:
- I always enjoy a trip there, but none of Blackpool's coasters particularly excite me. My favourite ride there is Valhalla and the park was better pre-Mandy.

This one isn't that uncommon, at least in my house anyway. Although Icon is still pretty bloody good in my eyes the rest, meh.

Matt N

CF Legend
- Social distancing has not had an exclusively negative effect on the theme park visiting experience.
I have a feeling this will be very unpopular, but I’d actually agree with this one. There are things I like from the 2020 theme park experience; the main one I can think of is that I found the entry at Alton Towers far more organised than it ever was pre-COVID, and considerably more efficient.

Of course the social distancing and procedures aren’t ideal for the parks from a commercial standpoint, and there is something about things like half-filled trains and the like that I’ll admit still unsettles me a little, but I’ll definitely agree with you in saying that the things 2020 bought to theme parks were not all bad.

Even outside of theme parks, I’ll whisper it quite quietly, but; one thing I’ve secretly rather liked that COVID bought along is one-way systems. I’ll admit I get quite nervous around big crowds of people, so even though it lengthens your journey slightly, I think one-way systems make certain situations a lot easier for me, personally; for example, school corridors are way less hectic, and far less nerve-racking for me now than they were.

solarfall

Mega Poster
I guess any of these could qualify:

-I don't think Iron Rattler is as good as people say. It's too short, really slow for most of the ride, and I never get any airtime on it because the ops staple me every time. The drop is fine, but not as good as people make it out to be. I prefer New Texas Giant in almost every regard, except maybe the setting.

-I prefer straight drops on wing coasters to those dive drops they usually have

-Giovanola hypers aren't really that bad. They're not that good either, but I think if the MCBR was tuned down even just a little bit, Titan could be considered a niche underrated gem.

-Stormrunner > Skyrush (they're both amazing though)

-(hot take alert) If you care about credit count enough to go on kiddie rides without a child, you might as well just lie about it.

Ries

Mega Poster
Taron will still be better than Velocicoaster when it opens.
But Velocicoaster will absolutely be better than any RMC.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
DEFINITELY have to agree with this one! There are many things that were implemented that I honestly wouldn't mind staying.
-Distancing the queue lines
-Hand Sanitizer. Everywhere.
-Maybe even somewhat sanitizing the trains still?

Even then, from what I've experienced, I still felt much more comfortable at Cedar Point than walking around in my local Meijer or Walmart, to name a few.

littleLION_XXIX

Roller Poster
I came up with some more uncommon opinions:
1. Silver Star is easily the best themed Hyper Coaster. I think it provides an truly immersive experience with the cars in the queue and all around the layout. And a really smart way to do the theming around the coaster too, because they don't had to pay it, but the guests give the themig and even some money to them every day they are open.
Europapark truly knows how to run an entertainment business.
2. Disney usually does know it too, but adding trains with wests to Rock 'n' Rollercoaster was just stupid. For sure one of the worst moves in Disney's history! They took away the most crucial storytelling element of the ride - rock 'n' roll and head banging just belong together.

😉

Last edited:

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I preferred the Flume to Wicker Man and would rather have the former. Don't get me wrong, Wicker Man is fun, but there are way, WAY better woodies out there. I'd rather they'd built something that worked with the Flume, instead of losing it.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump this thread a little, but mildly related to the previous posts in here about Oblivion, I have one that might be a bit controversial; as much as Oblivion’s hole is a marvel of engineering, I actually think that the fact the drop is underground makes the ride seem less dominating and scary compared to other Dive Coasters. At least, it does for me anyway.

In terms of some other ones, that I’m not sure if I mentioned:
  • In spite of the fact it impresses me from a technical standpoint, I didn’t particularly rate Olympia Looping as an actual ride experience.
  • Back row is my least favourite row on Megafobia, and front row is my favourite.
  • I prefer Galactica to Manta, as far as B&M flying coasters go, and by more of a distance than you might expect.
  • Even though it’s far from my favourite coaster, and I found the standing position slightly odd, I actually rather liked Shockwave at Drayton Manor. Or maybe I should say that I didn’t dislike it, as most seem to loathe stand ups in general.
  • While I thoroughly enjoyed Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom, and thought it was a very clever and well put together attraction, it’s not quite among my very top Disney World attractions or among my very top dark rides.
  • I didn’t particularly rate Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom.
  • I kind of liked DinoRama at Animal Kingdom, in spite of the fact that Primeval Whirl is among my least favourite coasters.
  • I prefer Gringotts to Forbidden Journey, out of the two Harry Potter dark rides in Orlando.
  • I prefer Thirteen to Expedition Everest.

solarfall

Mega Poster
@Matt N your comment about stand-ups reminds me that I preferred Rougaroo back when it was Mantis. I never particularly found the stand-up restraints to be uncomfortable (maybe because I'm short) and the layout just doesn't work as well when it's a floorless looper. That probably qualifies for this thread.

Also probably qualifies: I have never been to any disney park and I have no interest in going to one anytime soon. Maybe if I have kids and they wanna go. Otherwise, meh

Matt N

CF Legend
@Matt N your comment about stand-ups reminds me that I preferred Rougaroo back when it was Mantis. I never particularly found the stand-up restraints to be uncomfortable (maybe because I'm short) and the layout just doesn't work as well when it's a floorless looper. That probably qualifies for this thread.

Also probably qualifies: I have never been to any disney park and I have no interest in going to one anytime soon. Maybe if I have kids and they wanna go. Otherwise, meh
I’m not sure how B&M’s standup restraints compare, but even though I personally found Shockwave’s Intamin restraints a bit odd, and I would definitely prefer the ride if it were a sit-down coaster, I didn’t think they were terribly, terribly uncomfortable by any stretch, and as I said, I still didn’t dislike the ride by any means; to be honest, it may have been my favourite ride at Drayton Manor (yes, even with Apocalypse there; that certainly seems like it might be an uncommon opinion!)!

With regard to your comment about Disney parks, I think that’s understandable if you’re into a more thrilling theme park experience. I’ll admit that I myself prefer Universal, personally.