What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Alpengeist is my 2nd favorite B&M inverted coaster, ahead of other highly ranked inverts like Afterburn, Talon, Banshee and Raptor.

Matt N

CF Legend
I have a few more of my most uncommon opinions to contribute:
  • I preferred Galactica at Alton Towers to Manta at SeaWorld Orlando as far as B&M flyers go. I'd also say Manta was my least favourite SeaWorld Orlando B&M.
  • The Swarm is my favourite Thorpe Park coaster.
  • Icon is my favourite UK coaster.
  • I prefer Wicker Man to Megafobia, even excluding the theming. Although this one could well change soon, as I'm riding Megafobia again on Sunday...
  • Flight of Passage is overrated.
  • I prefer Universal theme parks to Disney theme parks, from having visited both companies' Florida resorts.
  • Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios is my favourite drop tower, ahead of things like Falcon's Fury, Apocalypse and Detonator.
  • Epcot is my 2nd favourite WDW park behind Animal Kingdom.
  • Nickelodeon Streak is my favourite Blackpool Pleasure Beach wooden coaster.
  • Saw: The Ride at Thorpe Park is rough.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I have a few more of my most uncommon opinions to contribute:
  • I preferred Galactica at Alton Towers to Manta at SeaWorld Orlando as far as B&M flyers go. I'd also say Manta was my least favourite SeaWorld Orlando B&M.
  • The Swarm is my favourite Thorpe Park coaster.
  • Icon is my favourite UK coaster.
  • I prefer Wicker Man to Megafobia, even excluding the theming. Although this one could well change soon, as I'm riding Megafobia again on Sunday...
  • Flight of Passage is overrated.
  • I prefer Universal theme parks to Disney theme parks, from having visited both companies' Florida resorts.
  • Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios is my favourite drop tower, ahead of things like Falcon's Fury, Apocalypse and Detonator.
  • Epcot is my 2nd favourite WDW park behind Animal Kingdom.
  • Nickelodeon Streak is my favourite Blackpool Pleasure Beach wooden coaster.
  • Saw: The Ride at Thorpe Park is rough.
Most of these aren't that uncommon, there's plenty of people out there who prefer Icon to Nemesis, most people agree that Saw is rough and that Wickerman(while still disappointing) is better than fobia. In fact, I agree with half of these, bolded them.

Matt N

CF Legend
Actually, I have a few more uncommon opinions:
  • The Stargazing Pods at Alton Towers look nice if you like that sort of thing, and good value for money compared to Alton's other options.
  • Stealth is not in my UK top 5.
  • Galactica is my favourite B&M flyer, even though I've also ridden Manta.
  • I prefer Gringotts to Forbidden Journey at Universal Orlando.
  • In the vast majority of cases, external factors such as theming and location do not massively impact my enjoyment of a coaster, even though I like parks that are themed or have a nice atmosphere more.
  • I preferred the Hungarian Horntail side of IOA's Dragon Challenge to the Chinese Fireball side, but I wasn't a fan of either.
  • Flight of Passage is overrated, even though Pandora is beautiful.
  • Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure looks better than Dragon Challenge, even excluding the theming.
  • I am more excited about Universal's upcoming Jurassic coaster than RMC Gwazi.
  • The Swarm is amazing and one of my favourite UK coasters.

Alex B

Mega Poster
I don’t mind kingda kas restraints and from what I’ve heard it’s more intense then TTD so I’m expecting kingda ka to be better

Pear

Strata Poster
TTD is far more intense than Ka IMO. The restraints make a world of difference and it's way less rattly.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America is a great coaster, and one of the best B&M hypers. Only Shambhala and Mako are better in my opinion, and above Silver Star, Hollywood Dream and Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia.

Snoo

The Legend
Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America is a great coaster, and one of the best B&M hypers. Only Shambhala and Mako are better in my opinion, and above Silver Star, Hollywood Dream and Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia.

You gotta ride some good Hypers/Gigas then. :p

My problem is moreso that you can see ALL the potential but it gets trimmed to death. It's a Fury prototype IMO. But when you take a leisurely stroll around elements that should be intense instead of quickly, it just takes all of your wind out of your sails.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
You gotta ride some good Hypers/Gigas then. :p

My problem is moreso that you can see ALL the potential but it gets trimmed to death. It's a Fury prototype IMO. But when you take a leisurely stroll around elements that should be intense instead of quickly, it just takes all of your wind out of your sails.

No Gigas yet, but I'll be heading to Carowinds next year. My ride only had one trim that I could feel, plenty of airtimes (including ejector off the MCBR) and some nice positives. I really enjoyed it but I don't doubt that Fury 325 is better.

Matt N

CF Legend
I agree that Raging Bull looks like a great coaster, but I must admit I'm interested to see you put it above Goliath at SFOG; I hear tons of hype for that ride! I consistently see that coaster ranked as one of B&M's best hypers, and I've even heard people refer to it as B&M's best ever coaster!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Fury is an intense beast but honestly I prefer the more graceful and floaty airtime of the B&M hypers. I know they all kind of ride the same but when they run well, the floater is sooo good. I'm usually an ejector boy but the big camelbacks on B&M hypers are some of my favorite elements and tend to be very consistent. I am due for re rides on some of them, particularly Nitro, Diamondback (will get back to them soon) and Apollo (maybe next year?). Gotta see how they hold up now. It's funny, I loved Nitro and Diamondback, but they don't seem to get the best reviews anymore.

Alex B

Mega Poster
Rode nitro last week the reason it’s getting bad reviews are the ops this year suck compared to last year there’s a woman in particular(usually works Friday nights) who I nicknamed “the mad stapler” because if she running it your getting staples but if u give itself room by putting up your legs it hauls ass

Edward M

Strata Poster
I haven’t ridden an SLC I didn’t kinda like *ducks for cover*

FYI: my list is T3, Mind Eraser NE, Gauntlet

I got to Condor at Walibi Holland, which I think is considered one of the worst. I kinda liked it...

I recognize how rough they are, but I think it's a solid layout.

Littlebrotoby

Roller Poster
Recently I rode El Toro, honestly it’s a good coaster, but in my opinion it’s overrated (I know that’s controversial) I didn’t even think that it was the best coaster in the park, I actually preferred Nitro. That being said I still think it’s a brilliant coaster, just overrated by everyone!

Expedition Coaster

Roller Poster
Hear's some of mine:
  • Infusion is the best SLC in the UK
  • Infusion is better than Black Mamba
  • Nemesis Inferno is better than Black Mamba
  • Icon is better than Taron
  • Lost Gravity is better than Icon
  • El Condor is better (By that I mean less painful/uncomfortable) than Hero and Smiler
  • Grand National is the best BPB Woodie and is better than Wicker Man
  • Nemesis is the only AT Coaster that makes my UK top 10

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Wow @Expedition Coaster! Some of those really are uncommon, and I'd be intrigued to know why you think some of them! In particular:
  • What makes you prefer Icon to Taron?
  • How come no AT coasters besides Nemesis make your UK top 10?
  • What makes you prefer El Condor to The Smiler?
Of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and the phrase "each to their own" comes to mind, but I was merely interested as to why you have some of your opinions.

Now, about time I gave some of my own, and I've actually thought of some properly uncommon ones:
  • Wing Coasters are one of my favourite B&M models; probably 2nd to the Hyper Coaster.
  • The Swarm is my favourite Thorpe Park coaster, and I personally feel it's almost on par with Nemesis.
  • Stealth is not in my UK top 5.
  • I prefer Thirteen to Expedition Everest.
  • I prefer Galactica to Manta (at SeaWorld Orlando).
  • Nickelodeon Streak is my 2nd favourite coaster at Blackpool Pleasure Beach behind Icon.
  • I prefer Gringotts to Forbidden Journey, and I'd probably say I prefer Spider-Man to both of those.
  • Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios is my favourite drop tower.
  • I preferred Treetops to Speed at Oakwood.
  • Flight of Passage, while a very good ride, was somewhat underwhelming for me and isn't in either my top 3 WDW rides or my top 3 dark rides.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Got a few more from the US.
  • Millennium Force is good but i wouldn't say its top ten in the world. The ride is heavily overated IMO.
  • Valravn is worse than Oblivion and worse than Corkscrew. I rank it only #13 in the park! The god awful restraints and persistent rattle ruined it for me.
  • S&S Freespins are great, every ride is different to another which makes each ride on one interesting! Sure some cycles can be pretty brutal but i enjoyed it.
  • Rougarou is fun! Second best B&M at Cedar Point IMO.
  • Corkscrew is a complete classic coaster. Pretty to look at, enjoyable to ride, fun airtime moment.
  • Red Force is soooo rough. Riding Dragster really opened my eyes on just how rough Red Force's launch is! The launch on Dragster and Stealth are so much more enjoyable than the rattly launch of Red Force (which is a much newer coaster!)
  • I prefer a freespin over Raging Bull.
Here's a non US opinion that i think is fairly controversial.
  • I dislike Portaventura with a passion- the operations are crap, staff are rude, guests are rude, queues are unbearable, and its just a park that i cannot enjoy whatsoever. If i ever visited again it would be for creds, i wouldn't stay for anything bar new creds and Shambhala.