What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

FogZog

Mega Poster
How do you find the Tesla Driver in the room? Don't worry they'll tell you 😜

More seriously - I do agree with you about Rita. I always thought it was underrated, and in a Alton Towers with no Nemesis, its certainly in the reckoning
I only say Rita is the best because Nemesis has been closed. I’m sure in 2024 it will become the parks best again

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster
I think Tatsu is not as forceful as people say and that even with the Pretzel dive, a Batman The Ride clone is overall more forceful.

Here a few that might make bandwagoners mad...
Current RMC rank-Lightningrod, Twisted Colossus, Iron Gwazi, Wonder Woman FOC

B&M Invert's are better than Hypers

Nighthawk is better than Tatsu and is a crazy intense and smooth ride.

X2 isn't rough

Kentucky Rumbler is elite

Scream at SFMM is pretty fun and better than Kraken, Hulk, or Kumba

Mako is mid and Ice Breaker is better

Standup's make mid B&M's really fun

Silver Bullet is intense and the zero g roll is amazing

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
Unpopular opinion: the SLC LAYOUTS are actually good.

keep in mind i think they look good, cant judge by how they ride though as i have never been on one.

but the layout looks nice and forcefull. the double barrel roll also looks like it provides some serious whip to them

sucks that 90% of SLC's are rough and painful

I actually don't really know what the general consensus is on the Great Escape, but I actually loved it. It's one of the only Six Flags parks that has a really charming feel in some areas, and doesn't feel like a Six Flags park too much at all (until you go to buy the $21 chicken tenders basket). I know it wasn't originally owned by Six Flags, but I really enjoyed it, as did my boyfriend and my son. For an enthusiast that's cred running the park, it's not going to be appreciated, but for a family vacation we filled two entire days with things to do between Hurricane Harbor, the park, and the resort lodge. It's only two and a half hours away from home and I'd be much more inclined to visit there again than bother going to La Ronde, which is 20 minutes from my house and somewhere I haven't bothered going back to this year despite not having gone since 2008, and there being a few creds there for me to get.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Any Giovanola fanboy (or fangirl) over here?

I seem to be the only one.

Though it is more a case of "What could have been?" if Giovanola stayed in business. Imagine a third Swiss coaster supplier. Just as smooth as B&M, but more willing to take risks. The Tilt coaster model by Giovanola looked sick.

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Any Giovanola fanboy (or fangirl) over here?

I seem to be the only one.

Though it is more a case of "What could have been?" if Giovanola stayed in business. Imagine a third Swiss coaster supplier. Just as smooth as B&M, but more willing to take risks. The Tilt coaster model by Giovanola looked sick.
Never rode any of their (three) rides but I've read very great comments about their invert in South-Africa. A ride similar to B&M inverts (because they basically are) but with the potential to do way more quick transition with the different train setup.

I think I don't know enough about the history behind rollercoaster manufacturers, but somehow I feel like - if Giovanola never got bankrupt - they would just have joined forces with B&M because of their shared history and similar design characteristics.

Curse at Alton Manor is a mid dark ride at best. The scenery and effects were alright but I thought that Thorpe's Ghost Train was better. I just didn't think that the story was particularly obvious.

Neither of The Smiler's airtime hills were that great and don't give a lot of airtime. My favourite parts of the ride were instead the indoor heartline roll and the back to back dive loops.

Last edited:

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Spinning seats on the back of normal trains aesthetically look dumb (it's like the seats broke loose from a non spinning car on the train).

Oldschool Vekoma Boomerangs really have smart designs, and the ones that are less rough are actually really fun.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
Spinning seats on the back of normal trains aesthetically look dumb (it's like the seats broke loose from a non spinning car on the train).

They are dumb, particularly when they are in a park where you need an ap or QR code to be able to pay the extortionate price to access them.

At Dollywood, as of August 2023, Thunderhead is better than Lightning Rod.
While I don't agree as Lrod in my #1...it jumped about 20 places in my rankings from 22 to 23. The airtime is much stronger and more sustained. Currently Thunderhead is 6 for me, between Twisted Colossus and Ghostrider. I think Lrod's launch is what makes it for me even if it isn't what it used to be.

Viper isn't rough, the transitions are bad. The ride is still forcefull and makes my top 20 pretty easily.

Kumba was forceless and had an annoying rattle.
The same for Hulk, Kraken, and Scream.
All of the B&M sitdowns are mid except for their zero-g roll's

Montu's batwing>Gwazi's Death roll and Kumba's Hell Roll

This one isn't mine...but my friend has Silver Bullet and Pony Express in his top ten and above Ghostrider

Premier trains are not bad...once you sit down there is a lot of room, and I always get a lot of airtime.

Mako is mid, and just barely better than Intimidator

Vekoma Boomerangs are forcefull and from my experience not too rough

West Coast Racers is forceless and boring

Matt N

CF Legend
After my visit to Thorpe Park yesterday and riding my 3rd one, I’m concluding that I have a new unpopular opinion; I’m not a massive fan of gyroswings.

They seem to be raved about often, and whenever the topic of new flat rides for a park comes up, it’s always gyroswing this, gyroswing that. The ride type is very popular among enthusiasts.

However, I have to say that none of the 3 I’ve done have really done it for me. I’ve done Cyclonator at Paultons Park (a Zamperla Discovery), Maelstrom at Drayton Manor (an Intamin Gyroswing) and Vortex at Thorpe Park (a KMG Afterburner), and haven’t been a huge fan of any of them. I think they all suffer from the same flaw in that the spinning ruins it for me and seems to nullify the sensations of airtime and speed that I really enjoy on a non-spinning pendulum ride like a Screamin’ Swing.

Personally, I much prefer something like an S&S Screamin’ Swing to any of the gyroswings I’ve ridden.

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
heres a few i have devloped (some of which i have listed here)

• Hyperion > Zadra
  • GhostRider is overrated and very mid
  • SLC layouts are good
  • Gravtiy group referb > RMC iron horse conversion
  • Gravity Group > any other wooden coaster manufacture
  • Jinma is actualy kinda good/higher mid tier
  • Hershend > anyother amusment park chain
  • KBF is overrated
  • Viper (SFMM) > twisted colossus
  • Hangtime > Airtime
  • Disney as whole looks overrated (disney, dont delete me from existance please)

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
@CoasterGoji_501 Fair enough with your other opinions, but can you expand on what you mean by "disney looks overrated"? It's easy to make a judgment on a place that you haven't visited yet - I personally didn't really see the hype with Disneyland Paris but after my visit back in June it immediately became one of my favourite parks ever.

I'm not sure what your concerns are with the parks, but it's easy to think "this won't be very good", having not done it, then be pleasantly surprised when it's better than expected. Interested to hear what worries you about visiting Disney.