What's new

Your favorite MCBR

Snoo

The Legend
Well.. they are all so awesome. DO WORK! PS: Make sure to visit 'Your favorite OTSR.'

Naemuti

Mega Poster
A-Kid said:
Maverick! Stop then...POW right in the kisser, with full on magnetic goodness...

I agree with this, but, is there really a GOOD MCBR in any ride that doesn't launch you out of something (or go backwards, like Everest)? Even the best of them seem to slow you down a bit and kill the pace of the ride. Of course, not all of them are as bad as GASM's (where you literally stopped then crawled into the batwing), but still. I suppose out of everything I've ridden Hulk and Nitro have the least intrusive MBCRs.

andrus

Giga Poster
Haha! What a strange topic :p If I have to answere I would say Dragon Khan cuz it barely breaks the train at all. Another contester would be Blue Fire hence it gives you some nice air on the mcbr!

Ben

CF Legend
The one on Medusa at SFDK is followed by a pretty awesome and very sharp transition into the drop out of it which is fun.

I'm shocked people are taking this seriously, haha. He made this to take the piss out of "your favourite OTSR".

It's clearly Flight of Fear though. Stops ya dead in your tracks :p .

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Haha I actually like this topic, Snoo.

Without thinking too much about it, the MCBR on Dominator comes quickly to mind as probably the 'nicest' one... that is, it basically does nothing to slow the train down at all.

The MCBR on Backlot Stunt Coaster used to be cooler when there were more flame & light effects.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Pieman said:
GASM's (where you literally stopped then crawled into the batwing)
EPIC! It's gone now & I'll miss it more than anything else about the ride.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The one on the top of the loop on the Arrow shuttle loopers... Madness, but I guess it lets them run two trains... ;)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Strange one this....

But I suppose Space Mountiain M2 @ DLP gets my vote, because its inside a meteor. :?

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
^ That one actually was the first to come to mind with me as well! In terms of just overall theme around a MCBR Space Mountain: M2 definitely wins.

Jer

Strata Poster
Probably Nitro, or Steel Force.

They both seem to be the same, barely slow down the train then throw you into a series of hills, including a dramatic drop right off the MCBR

Kebab

Giga Poster
Dragon Khan; it tricks the mind to think you're going to slow down when in fact you just carry on, plummet down the second drop and black-out :) I agree with Space Mountain Mission 2 as well that is pretty spectacular, can't think of any others that come to mind... :?

I'll have to have a good think and come back, interesting topic actually, but would've been a lot more opinionated if you re-named it to best/worst MCBR to get two points of view :p Because I know a few that completely kill a coaster :)